Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
So I just brought home my MME. I had a Tesla on a 240V outlet with a Juice Box Pro 40 (older generation). I have never had an issue charging the Tesla at home. When I plugged in the MME to the Juice Box Pro 40, I got a Plugged In Not Charging on the Ford app. After about an hour, it did not add any charge. I thought maybe it was the older generation of the Juice Box Pro so I took that off the wall and unplugged it. I then tried the Ford charger on the 240V outlet and it also says Plugged In Not Charging. The light on the Ford Charger is blue (steady) and the MME charge port is not lit up (just when I plug it in, the ring is about 3/4 blue but then the LEDs turn off).
This should not be difficult. Any idea what the issue may be?

Thanks,
Brad
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Do you have a charging time set?

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have a charging time set?
Not that I see on the app. There is nothing listed for schedule charging or departure times. I may try the 110 outlet and see if that works. I would be surprised if the 240V outlet worked for the Tesla but not the MME.

MidwestElectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Charging limits? Charging times? Already 100%? How many white lights when you plug in?

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I am guessing there is an issue with the 240V outlet. I just tried the 110 adapter on the Ford charger and it is now charging fine (just a slooooow pace). I am guessing there is some sensitivity to something with how the 240V outlet is wired that did not impact the Tesla but for some reason the MME is more sensitive. Also, I do not see where I can change the charging percentage on the app. Where can I select the % of charge? I also checked the vehicle and do not see it on the charging settings page. Man, I am supposed to be the technology expert and I feel like a 75 year old man getting his second computer.

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I am guessing there is an issue with the 240V outlet. I just tried the 110 adapter on the Ford charger and it is now charging fine (just a slooooow pace). I am guessing there is some sensitivity to something with how the 240V outlet is wired that did not impact the Tesla but for some reason the MME is more sensitive. Also, I do not see where I can change the charging percentage on the app. Where can I select the % of charge? I also checked the vehicle and do not see it on the charging settings page. Man, I am supposed to be the technology expert and I feel like a 75 year old man getting his second computer.
I will not even go into how I can not get the MME on my wifi network. I hopped over to my neighbors wifi.....and I even tried to hard code the MAC address with its own static IP (thinking there was an issue with DHCP) but that is a discussion for another forum.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Unfortunately it seems you cant set the charge times and schedules without charging first at that location. At least not via the app. This is has been discussed in some other thread. Not sure if the Sync system lets you set up a max charge % without a charge event first

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately it seems you cant set the charge times and schedules without charging first at that location. At least not via the app. This is has been discussed in some other thread. Not sure if the Sync system lets you set up a max charge % without a charge event first
Yes, that is crazy. I can now click on my location and change the max charge 100%. It had to register that it was charging at my location. Its a great idea to be able to change the charge % based on weekdays/weekends. I wish Tesla had that feature but it does not make sense that it forces you to first charge at a location to give you the settings. Not the best UI design. Now I just need to figure out why the 240V outlet is not charging........feel like Clark Griswold

Christmas-Vacation-Lights-Scene.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, that is crazy. I can now click on my location and change the max charge 100%. It had to register that it was charging at my location. Its a great idea to be able to change the charge % based on weekdays/weekends. I wish Tesla had that feature but it does not make sense that it forces you to first charge at a location to give you the settings. Not the best UI design. Now I just need to figure out why the 240V outlet is not charging........feel like Clark Griswold

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plugged In Not Charging Christmas-Vacation-Lights-Scene
Did you try the garage light switch ?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This usually is because the outlet was not wired with a neutral (white). The Ford included 32 AMP 7.2 kw charger (NEMA 14-50) needs it in order to work.

I think the Tesla does not use Neutral, so it might not have been wired.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Also, is there a GFCI on the circuit? The Ford chargers doesn’t want one.

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, I will have the electrician verify. Hopefully get someone out today. The 110 charging is giving me less then 2 miles per hour which is about half of what I was getting out of the Tesla on a 110. Damn this car is pretty.
Also, is there a GFCI on the circuit? The Ford chargers doesn’t want one.
no. Standard 240 outlet no gfci

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks, I will have the electrician verify.
You can test for a neutral if you have a meter (and feel comfortable). Though, if the Juicebox doesn't require a neutral, and that's not working with the MME either, I'm not sure that's the issue.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag