John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
It's snowing outside again here in Ohio . . . I was thinking about less of that road salt too.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Is there a "speculation" thread providing unfounded guesses? My guess is based on the observation that I have never seen any NHTSA crash data yet on the Mach E and nothing is on my window sticker. Anyone? Maybe someone at Ford just noticed that they had EPA ratings, but no crash ratings, and said "Hold your Horses!"
NO the intent was not to place speculation here but rather to make lemonade from lemons
NO the delay has nothing to do with the NHTSA crash test data
NO Ford didn't "forget" to do some critical paperwork

As for lemonade: absolutely I prefer Ford did it right the first time, which is why the delay. I fully expect to have more issues crop up even after I get my car because this is the initial release of a brand new ground-up design, but having this one not be my problem is OK by me.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Do wonder what will happen to those few that have already taken delivery?
They will be asked to get them fixed at the dealer once the fix is t at the dealer if hardware related or OTA upgrade or dealer upgrade if software related. I assume some of the in-transit MMEs have to be held at the dealers for the fix.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Emotional me wants it now. But logical me is fine with a delay. I'm still teleworking 100% and driving very little at all. I was already dreading a car payment for a car that is barely being used. It would be nice to have it for some road trips now, but living in Colorado, that means lots snow or road salt right now. I was hoping to do some cold weather testing and then compare it to the same routes this summer, but we'll have to see how much of a delay this really turns out to be.
Sounds like you are running out of "other hands". :D

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Emotional me wants it now. But logical me is fine with a delay. I'm still teleworking 100% and driving very little at all. I was already dreading a car payment for a car that is barely being used. It would be nice to have it for some road trips now, but living in Colorado, that means lots snow or road salt right now. I was hoping to do some cold weather testing and then compare it to the same routes this summer, but we'll have to see how much of a delay this really turns out to be.
Me too, I’ve never needed a new car less than since I was in college and lived on campus.

And yet...

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
This is better than making payments on a car that you don't have for those two months.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So, since I seem to be putting my foot in my mouth in other threads, I’m going to stick with the positive energy one. ? To be honest, I was hoping I would get my vehicle more towards spring as I am in the northeast as well. Already mentioned was the road salt. There’s also the mud. Even though I did just get my new winter mats, I’d prefer to just drive my old car for the rest of the winter. Also, I drive quite a distance to work and haven’t gotten the charging thing figured out yet. Now I won’t have to worry about how the frigid cold will affect my battery charge while my car is sitting all day in the elements. It will give me time to figure it all out by next winter. ????????

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm sorry for you folks who were all excited to get your car this week or this month!

As some already wrote, one positive is you don't have to make payments while your new car sits in the shop for repairs. Tesla owners know this very well. :)

For me personally, one positive is that now I have more hope that I will have a full tax credit when I look for a new car in 6-7 months, IF I decide to go with Mach-e and things work out OK with my own financials.

Is anyone keeping track of Ford's total US sales? When is the fed tax credit likely to halve?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I guess now I will have more time to console myself that the factory may have installed that front license plate bracket. :eek: ? ? :(

I'm currently in denial.

Last edited:

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Positives From The Delay: I’m scheduled for a Tesla Model Y test-drive tomorrow afternoon. We’ll see how it goes.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Positives From The Delay: I’m scheduled for a Tesla Model Y test-drive tomorrow afternoon. We’ll see how it goes.
Have you at least sat inside a Mach-E yet? I was very un-impressed inside the Model Y.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Have you at least sat inside a Mach-E yet? I was very un-impressed inside the Model Y.
Ya, when the Mach-E was in VA a couple of months ago I had about 15 min alone with the car. It felt nice. I wish it sat higher up, similar to a real crossover. The Tesla salesman called me right after I made an appointment. It was very refreshing to have a dealer call me back in a timely manner.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
When the second delay pushes deliveries back to summer the buyers in NJ get to take advantage of the rebate again.

Wait, this isn't the humorous reasons thread?
Sponsored