Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I was hoping to get some info on where my vehicle stands with regards to updates. It was built in July of ‘23, I took delivery April 9th. It seems that I don’t have the Charge Assist / Public Charging app, I don’t have Plug & Charge at Superchargers, and I still have the bug where the liftgate doesn’t always open fully. I’ve gotten one OTA update since buying the car, but it seems my car has fallen behind while sitting on the dealer lot.

My VIN is: 3FMTK3R75PMA63090

Thank you!
I have a '23 GT, am pretty much up to date, but don't have the charge assist/public charing app either as of yet.
Sponsored

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
If anyone has the time would yall be able to take a look at mine? I just purchased it about 3 weeks ago. 2023 Route 1 and has a build date of end of last year. I haven't gotten any updates on it as a owner so just trying to judge where I'm at on the terms of updates. Thanks!

VIN:3FMTK2SU7PMA78183

026TB4U

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
Okay you've got me.....you received a recall a while back...meaning you got a recall notification?

There is no service history for this VIN. You do have the stuck charge cord (23B50) as an open action...but dealers aren't doing those right now, until Ford says it's okay to start that one back up again. When that eventually happens all of your powertrain modules will get updated (PCM, ABS, BECM, SOBDM, SOBDMB, SOBDMC).
Hi Mike,

Sorry, I thought the stuck charge cord was a recall. That is what I was referring to.

Do you know why the dealers are not doing this right now? I ask because they let me schedule an appointment for this.

Thanks.

Last edited:

incongruity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Healthcare fixer
Hello! I'm a relatively new owner of a 2023 GTPE (Purchased mid-march) that I think sat on the lot for a long time. As best I can tell, we're not up to date on software. When we first brought it home, we had OTA updates coming every few days but that stopped about a month ago.

It was in to the dealer yesterday for issues with the main screen going black & sometimes restarting. When we got it back, they said they'd updated the car fully but I'd like to make sure as there's no obvious differences and, if anything, we're having more issues with the main screen since picking it up -- so I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me get visibility into what needs to be updated still, if anything... VIN: 3FMTK4SX6PMA56245

Thanks in advance!

Albatross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
They updated your powertrain related modules and that's it. I guess they didn't get the memo about doing the rest of the stuff on this list on Ford's dime while the car was in for the recall:
3FMTK3SU1MMA45925-10-May-24.png

I see they didn't do the BCM and GFM updates...so I'm guessing you still don't have the ability to open your frunk from the driver's door keypad....or by using the Sync screen softbutton.
Well shoot. I even sent the dealer your original list and verified they would be done. Unfortunately, I am like a kindergartener with the behind the scenes technology. I am so ignorant that I had to look up BCM (for those few left who do not know, it's Body Control Module) and GFM (Generic Function Module - the one that controls the frunk?).

However, after looking up how to open the frunk with the drivers side door keypad, I was able to complete that task. I had no idea I was able to do that! Thank you! And I also have a button on my Sync screen that I can press to open the frunk. Hopefully a photo is attached to verify I understand "Sync screen softbutton."

I looked at the software update screen and it still says the same thing when it arrived August 16th, 2023. Also, the Ford app show no messages about any updates. So I still do not know what software update I have.

On my paperwork, in the Correction section to my complaint of no OTA updates, he wrote: "mtime to reprogram the APIM, GWM, TCU modules to the latest version" Does this mean I am in the Power Up 6.xxx area?

Additionally, I am not a forum savvy poster. I hope this works. Thanks again!

August162023MachEUpdate.jpg

frunksoftkey.jpg

Max1239

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Would really appreciate if someone could take a quick peek at my OTA queue. 3FMTK3R76PMA59453

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Would really appreciate if someone could take a quick peek at my OTA queue. 3FMTK3R76PMA59453
Here you go. Last one was 5.1.1 and nothing has been sent to you since.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715371523066-03

Max1239

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Here you go. Last one was 5.1.1 and nothing has been sent to you since.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715371523066-03
Thanks!!! Is it just a waiting game at this point or could there by something else blocking new campaigns?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Would you be able to run mine as well?

3FMTK3SU1MMA30843
Healthy OTA history. Last power-up was 6.4.0 and several PU updates mixed in between.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715376303705-x4

Thanks!!! Is it just a waiting game at this point or could there by something else blocking new campaigns?
The word "blocking" get thrown around here quite often. If there was something blocking you from getting updates, you wouldn't be able to do anything about it without FDRS (or FORScan in some cases), so it is a moot point. I would need to run your VIN through FDRS to see if you are showing the proper updates to be able to move along the OTA process or not. However, whether the updates are there or they aren't, you'd need to FDRS to proceed IF there was an issue.

I can tell you that many 2023 vehicles on Sync 23031 do not have more updates to the APIM/GWM/TCU available for them for some reason. Even with FDRS, you would not be able to get those updates until Ford releases them. Is your vehicle one of those? Maybe.....I would need FDRS to check. Message me in about two hours when I'm home and I'll be happy to take a deeper look.

JSSAUCE

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Senior Director
Hello, new to the forum and just purchased a 2023 Premium. Dealer whom I purchased several Ford's from says all is up to date, but my display looks weird in comparison to others who post. Hard to find what it really should look like/have. I feel i might not really be up to date. Sorry to bother others, but can someone help me before I call my dealer?

3FMTK3SU4PMA88224

Thank you.
Joel

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Hello! I'm a relatively new owner of a 2023 GTPE (Purchased mid-march) that I think sat on the lot for a long time. As best I can tell, we're not up to date on software. When we first brought it home, we had OTA updates coming every few days but that stopped about a month ago.

It was in to the dealer yesterday for issues with the main screen going black & sometimes restarting. When we got it back, they said they'd updated the car fully but I'd like to make sure as there's no obvious differences and, if anything, we're having more issues with the main screen since picking it up -- so I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me get visibility into what needs to be updated still, if anything... VIN: 3FMTK4SX6PMA56245

Thanks in advance!
The updates they did are below. There are still others pending.

As far as why your screen is having issues, that is difficult to diagnose.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715380528754-8b

Modules with pending updates are below. This list will not show any pending APIM, GWM or TCU updates you may still have pending.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715380661566-

Hello, new to the forum and just purchased a 2023 Premium. Dealer whom I purchased several Ford's from says all is up to date, but my display looks weird in comparison to others who post. Hard to find what it really should look like/have. I feel i might not really be up to date. Sorry to bother others, but can someone help me before I call my dealer?

3FMTK3SU4PMA88224

Thank you.
Joel
It is not up to date. You can call your dealer, but it will most likely be a waste of time. Ford does not pay them to perform modules updates just because there are updates pending. The dealer will only do an update if it is tied to a recall or if your car has some problem that an update will fix.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715380756947-r