BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Welp, guess this means I’m OTA stuck again. Probably going to buy another 2 day FDRS sub when we start seeing BC 1.2 for J2-2021 cars, I doubt there will be anything else worth it in the lead up to that.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Question: do you have battery pre-conditioning in cold weather if you use the ford app for nav? I don't get it using Android Auto, and I'd love a manual button to turn it on when 20 minutes away from a DCFC on a cold day. But I've heard that the ford nav app turns it on. Is that true?

Thanks!
I think an update may have done something like that but I do not have that update. There is a thread dedicated to it here if you search.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Interesting contributions from @Mike G @Mach-Lee and @Logal727 re possible reasons the J1 2021s haven’t received the Frunk button in FP or Sync.

This failure is certainly not consistent with any purported effort to achieve code parity.

The lack of a button in FP is inexplicable because all it should take is a server-side update. Nobody has been able to postulate as to what other update is necessary car-side to enable the FP button.

As for the SYNC button, Ford’s fear of updating certain modules OTA makes sense, but apparently they’ve previously updated the BCM module OTA? And at some point one update or another activated the door keypad method of opening the frunk, so why can’t an OTA update also add the button to SYNC?

Ford definitely knows about the issue.

So the only explanations are blatant neglect, or some technological hurdle that makes Ford leery of updating OTA.

The failure to enable the button server-side in FP points to blatant neglect.

@Ford Motor Company

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Re the submit feedback feature, it is a welcome addition, assuming Ford actually does something with it, but it would be a lot easier to use if I didn’t have to dig three taps deep into the menu while driving.

I’m actually not sure it can even be accessed while driving?

I also don’t know whether it sends a log of system conditions to Ford in connection with the feedback, in order to assist with debugging?

A few times previously, Ford has enabled some sort of “tokens” on my car which allow me to submit feedback and system logs - while driving - simply by long-pressing on the top bar of the SYNC home screen. That would be a great permanent feature.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I was wondering how long that feedback button has been there.

movieman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Fusion, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have an identical situation (stuck on 4.1.1 since Jan). Mike G took a look with FDRS - this was his response:

I haven't seen this before but on the other hand I knew it was possible...

You do have a gateway revision that indicates you got 4.1.1 ("-LAD" rev.).

And you're correct the next thing should have been the APIM update in your list, but for some reason that didn't download yet. (you can ask your service advisor on the phone to check your OTA dashboard and tell you why).

And the new wrinkle is you have the next gateway (GWM) update already in your list. this may be somehow blocking you getting the APIM.

Despite what the normally recommended sequence is for updating (GWM then APIM then TCU) I strongly recommend that if a tech does this update to fix your car that he/she goes straight to the APIM first before doing that GWM in the list just to try to follow the sequence that should have occurred (the 4.11 you got, followed by the APIM/4.1.2 you haven't gotten yet, and then that next GWM/4.1.3- which could actually be 4.2.1 at this point since it's been that long.)

Hope that makes sense.

Here's the list this morning:
3fmtk3rm8mma39349-15-mar-23-png.png

Now I realize that most techs don't think highly when customers come in and tell them what "the internet" thinks they ought to do. So diplomacy is best.

I've got an appointment with Encinitas Ford April 5th - will let you know how it goes. Buy the way This is my second time being stuck.
Thanks for posting this. It gives me some idea of what is going on.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So the only explanations are blatant neglect, or some technological hurdle that makes Ford leery of updating OTA.
Add ever-shifting priorities to that list. At this point job 1 cars are a reasonably small minority compared to all the other cars built. It's possible that this shifts any desire to resolve the disparity to a lower priority compared to everything or anything else.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got, 2021 EA

Screenshot_20230322-151817.png
I am ready with my first feedback message - "frunk button please for 2021 EA ... especially since no one can answer if it will eventually happen."

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
4.2.4 installed in my '22 this afternoon.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It’s been two years, it’s not happening. Ever.
Well, it *might* happen for most ‘21 Job 1 cars, but that prohibit code will prevent @Jimrpa from ever getting it active. 😱🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Interesting contributions from @Mike G @Mach-Lee and @Logal727 re possible reasons the J1 2021s haven’t received the Frunk button in FP or Sync.

This failure is certainly not consistent with any purported effort to achieve code parity.

The lack of a button in FP is inexplicable because all it should take is a server-side update. Nobody has been able to postulate as to what other update is necessary car-side to enable the FP button.

As for the SYNC button, Ford’s fear of updating certain modules OTA makes sense, but apparently they’ve previously updated the BCM module OTA? And at some point one update or another activated the door keypad method of opening the frunk, so why can’t an OTA update also add the button to SYNC?

Ford definitely knows about the issue.

The failure to enable the button server-side in FP points to blatant neglect.

@Ford Motor Company
I think (maybe I am wrong) that bothe the BCM and the GFM need to be updated. There has been no GFM pushed via OTA, although it is available (along with the BCM) in FDRS. The 2021 Job 1 cars that can use an F150 Lightning key for their remote frunk (or the door keypad or the center screen if FORScan was used to enable it) have all had those updated via FDRS. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Sponsored