Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Picked it up on October 18th of this year. I have had 3 updates since in a three day spert a couple weeks ago.
I’m in the same place. I got my car in early November. I had a bunch of updates, then everything went quiet. Im guessing ford just hasn’t pushed us the next round of updates yet.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Here's a picture from the Lightning:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 4.x software updates should begin rolling out image

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
How do we see what version we are currently on? I just see Revision 411. What Revision is 4.1.1?
The power up numbers don’t match the sync versions. The numbers associated with power ups are just reference numbers. Each power up updates different modules, sync is only one of dozens that can be updated. So several power ups may go by before you see the sync version change.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
RE:
1) that is why every SW company on the planet does testing.
2) phone, TV, computer system patches etc... are all much bigger than the updates pushed to our cars. Surge server capacity is solved with a phone call to their cloud provider.
1) Yes, but every SW company on the planet releases software with bugs despite the size of the company and the diligence and extent of their testing.
2)Most phone, OS updates, TV patches, etc. are pushed out in waves, not in a single drop as being advocated.

I'm not arguing one way or the other that the testing being done by Ford is adequate, but if you think it is not, dropping an update globally is not what you should be wanting.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don’t think EA is a “beta program” per se (I’m in it). It’s more of an opportunity for Ford to send production software to you earlier than to some other users. It also means that you may be asked to complete some surveys for Ford. Couple of other minor things. Buy not access to what people would consider “beta” software.
In general I agree. But in the context of the recent test of the Currently mobile charging service, it was much was beta (at least I hope it was 🤣)!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
How do we see what version we are currently on? I just see Revision 411. What Revision is 4.1.1?
The power up numbers don’t match the sync versions. The numbers associated with power ups are just reference numbers. Each power up updates different modules, sync is only one of dozens that can be updated. So several power ups may go by before you see the sync version change.
And 411 is definitely not the latest...

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I don’t think EA is a “beta program” per se (I’m in it). It’s more of an opportunity for Ford to send production software to you earlier than to some other users. It also means that you may be asked to complete some surveys for Ford. Couple of other minor things. Buy not access to what people would consider “beta” software.
Not always, intelligent range was pushed to us for a few months, then rolled back and I don't think anyone has it anymore.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Thanks for the clarification. What would you consider Tesla’s “Full Self Driving Beta” by your definition? From what I’ve seen/heard, I’d consider it development code, maybe an early stage alpha at best, but no way a “beta”?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Yeah a pacemaker is FDA regulated, I work for a software company that is FDA regulated, wow the paperwork we have to do to do anything... releases are sooo slooow.

Hartland

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e AWD Extended
Occupation
Civil Servent
Country flag
The 4.x software updates should begin rolling out.

I'd love to say more but that's all I know. Speculate away!
Home it isn't too long before they roll out in UK. We seem to not get them so often & missing plenty of features
Sponsored