Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Forum,

1. Just checking the 21's are still "stuck" on 6.1.0?

2. Did anyone else receive a recall letter in the mail this weekend (Customer Satisfaction Program 23B50)? Says it will be fixed via OTA and just have your OTA's turned on.

3. Have they moved the section where you tell your car when it is scheduled to self start you want it Cool, Medium or Hot? Where is that now??
I’m still suck too. No letters or notifications in FP. Recall does show on Ford. Com. Dealer appointment tomorrow for parking brake connector and maybe BECM update. 21 job 2
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Forum,

1. Just checking the 21's are still "stuck" on 6.1.0?

2. Did anyone else receive a recall letter in the mail this weekend (Customer Satisfaction Program 23B50)? Says it will be fixed via OTA and just have your OTA's turned on.

3. Have they moved the section where you tell your car when it is scheduled to self start you want it Cool, Medium or Hot? Where is that now??
1. Yes. They’re still frozen at 6.1 along with every other car that had not yet received 6.2
2. That’s the charge port recall notice. Once we move past 6.1 we should get it via OTA.
3. In the car in the Home Screen, there is a charging app now. You can set scheduled departures there.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
More notes on 6.6.0 experience:
  • The clicking/clunking from the ABS HCU when the car is woken up has significantly decreased. Before it used to do it repeatedly while you stood near the car. Now it only does it once instead of a dozen times in a row. This is good because it means less pointless 12V drain. Brake pedal may be hard when first starting the car as a side effect, but not a big deal.
  • Could be placebo effect, but braking feels smoother. Both with the pedal and from adaptive cruise. Less initial slam. Still need to try it in a full traffic jam.
  • And I think I found my first bug with Hold & Apply because it did an apply & hold instead. Was pulling into a parking spot and put it into park quick while still moving 1 mph. Park pawl immediately slams on, car bounces off it, THEN the brakes grab. 😆 They need to wait an additional second or two before the park pawl is deployed to ensure the car has stopped moving. So new software is not slam proof.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Another update notice that provides no information.
This is just an educated guess, so take this as you will but:

Ford is an obscenely old, large company stuck in bureaucracy and red tape. My guess is that ANYTHING that goes out to the public has to pass through a legal and/or PR team. This would include release notes.

At this point the OTA team is so far behind schedule and promises made to the public, they're cutting out as much red tape as they can to just get the dnag updates out. So if they can bypass the red tape involved with release notes to save some time, they will.

Again, just a guess on my part, but if I'm correct, I agree with their decision. The fact that all that red tape exists is ridiculous and stupid, but it's a reality and I think pushing the update sooner with no notes is a lesser evil than getting delayed even further for the sake of "approved by legal release notes"

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Ford is an obscenely old, large company stuck in bureaucracy and red tape. My guess is that ANYTHING that goes out to the public has to pass through a legal and/or PR team. This would include release notes.

At this point the OTA team is so far behind schedule and promises made to the public, they're cutting out as much red tape as they can to just get the dnag updates out. So if they can bypass the red tape involved with release notes to save some time, they will.

Again, just a guess on my part, but if I'm correct, I agree with their decision. The fact that all that red tape exists is ridiculous and stupid, but it's a reality and I think pushing the update sooner with no notes is a lesser evil than getting delayed even further for the sake of "approved by legal release notes"
It’s possible they might add some more detailed notes when it goes out for general release. Sometimes the notes change from the early access release. This one definitely deserves a few release notes because they are some significant changes that Ford should happily tout.

Ev Blau

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is anyone keeping track on which modules still remain to be updated?
My ‘22 MME just got the 6.1.0 install. I don’t recall getting in the 5 series. Is there a way to check the history of my car’s OTA’s?

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
More notes on 6.6.0 experience:
  • And I think I found my first bug with Hold & Apply because it did an apply & hold instead. Was pulling into a parking spot and put it into park quick while still moving 1 mph. Park pawl immediately slams on, car bounces off it, THEN the brakes grab. 😆 They need to wait an additional second or two before the park pawl is deployed to ensure the car has stopped moving. So new software is not slam proof.
This one I found on 6.4 and prior. Noticed it more lately. I guess I need to slow my roll a tad. :p

Alutacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Perf
Country flag

It's not because they are old or because they are behind schedule. I've done a little transactional work in the past and you would be surprised at how much attention is given to communications released by any large company. There are literally teams of lawyers that parse every word. Most lawyers would tell you that if you can say it in one word, why use two? And ambiguity is your friend.

Reactions: SWO

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
It's not because they are old or because they are behind schedule. I've done a little transactional work in the past and you would be surprised at how much attention is given to communications released by any large company. There are literally teams of lawyers that parse every word. Most lawyers would tell you that if you can say it in one word, why use two? And ambiguity is your friend.
Haha that's exactly the point I'm trying to make. Legal will go through EVERY WORD. So why waste time waiting for that process when you can recycle vague release notes and go NOW

Wolfy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E RWD Premium
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
I have a 2023 RWD ur only got it 3 weeks ago it’s on 4.1.2.2 which came last week been no other Update since

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
My ‘22 MME just got the 6.1.0 install. I don’t recall getting in the 5 series. Is there a way to check the history of my car’s OTA’s?
Not that I know of, but its possible the 5.x series is getting skipped now?
Sponsored