Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Somehow, the driver’s side front wheel arch on my car was abraded. I honestly have no idea what happened, but it looks like someone must have rubbed against it with a shopping cart or something. Anyway, as you can see in the picture below, it’s worn through on the top of the ridge.
suggestions on handling this? I don’t want to go to a body shop and be without a car for days. Is this a piece of trim the dealer can just replace? If so, how much?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Front Driver’s Side Wheel Arch Abrasion - Recommendations B4E2E74F-CC73-48DA-B4D8-2C8D040345AC

Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Front Driver’s Side Wheel Arch Abrasion - Recommendations C69A848C-86EF-4DF7-9A47-31D66D6DE96C
Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Front Driver’s Side Wheel Arch Abrasion - Recommendations B4E2E74F-CC73-48DA-B4D8-2C8D040345AC
Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Front Driver’s Side Wheel Arch Abrasion - Recommendations C69A848C-86EF-4DF7-9A47-31D66D6DE96C

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Sorry to see the damage on your pony, hopefully you can use some sort of touch up paint and then buff it?

I have been considering wrapping my Mach-E in paint protection film as a precaution for this type of issue.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The plastic is actually abraded, so I don’t think you could use touch up paint. Besides, it’s gloss and I am horrible with paint. I’m afraid of what it would look like I’d I tried to deal with it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Body shop. That part can be painted. That’s a lot of touch up work to do, even if you’re good at it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Somehow, the driver’s side front wheel arch on my car was abraded. I honestly have no idea what happened, but it looks like someone must have rubbed against it with a shopping cart or something. Anyway, as you can see in the picture below, it’s worn through on the top of the ridge.
suggestions on handling this? I don’t want to go to a body shop and be without a car for days. Is this a piece of trim the dealer can just replace? If so, how much?

That part can be replaced with a new piece. Last I looked, those were available unpainted, gloss black or satin black. You want the gloss black of course....

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That part can be replaced with a new piece. Last I looked, those were available unpainted, gloss black or satin black. You want the gloss black of course....
That’s what I was wondering - if it can just be replaced and how involved replacement would be. I looked in the ford parts website but, as usual, identifying the correct part was near impossible.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That’s what I was wondering - if it can just be replaced and how involved replacement would be. I looked in the ford parts website but, as usual, identifying the correct part was near impossible.
Yeah, it is MUCH easier to just call your local dealer parts department, have them pull up your car and they can find it in a few minutes. Then get the part number and google around for the cheapest one. You can also use your Ford Pass reward points for it! This is what I did when I had to replace one of the frunk trim pieces from a... uh... mishap.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Yeah, it is MUCH easier to just call your local dealer parts department, have them pull up your car and they can find it in a few minutes. Then get the part number and google around for the cheapest one. You can also use your Ford Pass reward points for it! This is what I did when I had to replace one of the frunk trim pieces from a... uh... mishap.
Since you replaced this already, why don’t you test it to see if it could’ve been buffed out or painted with a clear coat pen. It would be valuable info.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Since you replaced this already, why don’t you test it to see if it could’ve been buffed out or painted with a clear coat pen. It would be valuable info.
He‘s not the OP and not talking about the same part.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This is where it is good to make friends with the folks at the dealership parts counter.
They can get you the step by step procedure and the correct part.
Online is great for some things but this isn't one of those times. 👍

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
He‘s not the OP and not talking about the same part.
I attached my comment to the wrong message. It lost it’s context.

Anyway, at least the damage wasn’t to the Infinite Blue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I attached my comment to the wrong message. It lost it’s context.

Anyway, at least the damage wasn’t to the Infinite Blue.
That would have been very sad.

em5quare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Premium ER
Country flag
Something similar happened to me (damage is not as extensive). Apparently, Ford does not have touch up paint for molded parts (according to the Parts Department at one dealer, this has been Ford's MO forever; at another dealership, they cannot find a paint code).

I found the part on Ford's part website:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-body-related-parts-general/moulding-13695681-1
(all of the moldings on one side of the car)

or

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-body-related-parts-front/moulding-13285629-1
(front wheel arch molding) - $288

Installation may not be trivial due to light that is incorporated into the molding.

I am still trying to find a way to deal with this issue. Replacing the molding, with labor, would probably run $400-$500, hard to justify for minor flaws.

What's the "exchange rate" for Ford Pass reward points?
Sponsored