OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
So what is everyone doing to help with the rock chips, bugs on the solid front end without a grill? I'm planning on getting XPEL film on the front, mirror caps, headlights, door sills, edge of doors and door sills. It's self healing and I think I need to protect the front of the car as much as possible. Keeps the headlights looking like new no matter how long you own the car.
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I ordered a vinyl grill from struckendesigns that I will have a shop apply

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Here you go....

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/paint-protection-film-ppf-such-as-xpel-for-mach-e.669/

I’m adding the same “partial clear bra” this coming week. I’m going with Llumar instead of XPEL but it’s pretty much the same stuff just maybe 10% cheaper. Then I’m having a detailer add a “10 year” two-coat ceramic treatment over the whole car, including the Llumar.

Normally I’d shudder at spending another $2k to add these protections, well I still do kinda shudder, but while I think Grabber Blue is gorgeous I do not think it is going to be forgiving when it comes to chips and scratches. Ironically, if I had gone with the cheaper Star White tri-coat I probably would have skipped the paint protection altogether. White is much more forgiving.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm have the front end wrapped in PPF this coming Monday. Going to get a ceramic coat on the rest afterwards

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I decided on getting Ceramic Pro. It doesn't help with the paint chipping as well as the clear bra, but with the tint and Ceramic Pro I'm planning to get... the clear bra will be out of my budget.

OP
OP
OldBlueMME

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here you go....

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/paint-protection-film-ppf-such-as-xpel-for-mach-e.669/

I’m adding the same “partial clear bra” this coming week. I’m going with Llumar instead of XPEL but it’s pretty much the same stuff just maybe 10% cheaper. Then I’m having a detailer add a “10 year” two-coat ceramic treatment over the whole car, including the Llumar.

Normally I’d shudder at spending another $2k to add these protections, well I still do kinda shudder, but while I think Grabber Blue is gorgeous I do not think it is going to be forgiving when it comes to chips and scratches. Ironically, if I had gone with the cheaper Star White tri-coat I probably would have skipped the paint protection altogether. White is much more forgiving.
I'm having a 5yr ceramic coating added on the 29th from a detailer that's a friend of mine. It's what he has been doing for 30yrs. I don't think Infinite Blue will be forgiving when it comes to rock chips either. Just hoping I can get all of this done before anything happens.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I decided on getting Ceramic Pro. It doesn't help with the paint chipping as well as the clear bra, but with the tint and Ceramic Pro I'm planning to get... the clear bra will be out of my budget.
I went back and forth on this because I really didn’t want to pay for both. Each one costs about a grand. But once you put down the ceramic it’s a lot harder to add PPF down the road. And as the OP noted, the MME has a lot of real estate up front presenting a big bullseye for rock chips, so I just couldn’t bring myself to skip the PPF. And once you add the PPF, it tends to collect dirt over time at the edges and possibly yellow unless you coat the whole thing in ceramic. If you give a mouse a cookie....

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I did XPEL for front end, hood, side mirrors and all fender flares.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I did XPEL PPF on the whole front end, headlights, hood, mirrors, and partial A-pillar. VERY happy I did. It's warmed up here the past week and the bugs are out in full force, so the front end is plastered after 1 day of driving.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I had XPEL ultimate done full front, I am getting ready to do Iron-X, clay bar, and Armor Shield IX over the rest, and also over the XPEL. So far the parts covered with XPEL look marvelous when clean. I also had a wrap put over the grill area, so two layers of protection there.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm looking away whenever I pass in front of the car. I'm not a fan of wraps, so I'm exposed. That said, my front already has some micro hits. (of course my roof was shattered, but hey, who's counting)

OP
OP
OldBlueMME

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did XPEL PPF on the whole front end, headlights, hood, mirrors, and partial A-pillar. VERY happy I did. It's warmed up here the past week and the bugs are out in full force, so the front end is plastered after 1 day of driving.
Looking forward to getting my car done next week. Hopefully won't have any micro chips or worse between now and then.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I did XPEL.

Ceramic coatings don't protect from rock chips guys. It will still chip. PPF is the only way to prevent rock chips.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Marlin was supposed to be getting the clear bra followed by Ceramic Pro about now. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for the paint to cure after the body work is finished. While factory paint curing is just a few weeks, the paint rep to the body shop recommends 30 days for ceramic and 90 for PPF. Hopefully that won't result in a bit bill for paint correction.

Fortunately, I'm supposed to get Marlin back with no front plate bracket!
Sponsored