Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
VP Technology
Country flag
Good morning everyone, I reached out to FordConnect asking for access to APIs for personal use. My use cases I asked about were iOS shortcuts and some home automation integrations (Charging complete notifications, virtual buttons, etc.). Here was the response I received. This is positive and I’m looking forward to it. I recommend reaching out on their dev site and getting the survey to respond. I cut the survey link in my screenshot since I think it’s unique to me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API Coming later this year? 97AFE19F-9066-4D28-BBB4-AF0CF35B36C0
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Good morning everyone, I reached out to FordConnect asking for access to APIs for personal use. My use cases I asked about were iOS shortcuts and some home automation integrations (Charging complete notifications, virtual buttons, etc.). Here was the response I received. This is positive and I’m looking forward to it. I recommend reaching out on their dev site and getting the survey to respond. I cut the survey link in my screenshot since I think it’s unique to me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Public API Coming later this year? 97AFE19F-9066-4D28-BBB4-AF0CF35B36C0
This year*

*in Ford time

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How do we get into the pilot program that they mentioned? This is very promising.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

That is awesome! How did you go about starting this conversation? I want to inquire too.

OP
OP
Shrug

Shrug

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
VP Technology
Country flag
How do we get into the pilot program that they mentioned? This is very promising.
I went to https://developer.ford.com/ and registered. Clicked Contact Us and made a request to the API using the topic choice of FordConnect. It’s been a few months since I originally asked for access. YMMV

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Why not upvote train it and flood them with requests for it. Maybe if we hit whatever threshold they want we'll actually get it. I'm in.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I went to https://developer.ford.com/ and registered. Clicked Contact Us and made a request to the API using the topic choice of FordConnect. It’s been a few months since I originally asked for access. YMMV
The Ford developer site has been operational for many years, well before the MME. Registering on it does absolutely nothing to get into the pilot program.

I know there's been a few of us (3 that I know of) who have been invited to the pilot via email. As far as I am aware, we received the invite and they asked us for feedback on what we would like to see available (i.e. API access / token generation). Things stalled out there, which was about 2 months ago. We were actually told it would be ready in Q1. So, as @Logal727 eluded to, it'll be some time, most likely, before the next step is taken.

All that being said, depending on how you use the current API you might be fine. I have been querying it for 2 years (every 5 minutes) and haven't been locked out. If you search this forum for other API based posts you'll find other experiences that have caused lockouts. Ford has also changed what causes a lockout a number of times, i.e. at one time queries to the same FP account via multiple IPs caused lockouts. Postman is a guaranteed lockout, so don't use it!

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yup.

"I see that you would like to test or start consuming our product. We are currently working on a pilot program to share our FordConnect APIs with the public and hope to have it ready within 2023."

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just for fun I registered, did the contact us form. Got an email within a minute with the survey and the request to joint the pilot program. We’ll see if it goes anywhere.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ford’s “soon” or “later this year” comments can be applied to the 2021 Job 1 frunk release. They keep saying it and @Jimrpa keeps waiting for it. 😱🐩

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford’s “soon” or “later this year” comments can be applied to the 2021 Job 1 frunk release. They keep saying it and @Jimrpa keeps waiting for it. 😱🐩
Soon™
Sponsored