Puddle Lights

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Puddle lights work most of the time. No rhyme or reason.
The only time they do not work most of the time is when you are trying to show them to someone.
Sponsored

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
I just got my premium and my mirrors donā€™t auto fold and the Pony shows up diagonal when the mirrors are out.

Should my mirrors fold when I lock the doors?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just got my premium and my mirrors donā€™t auto fold and the Pony shows up diagonal when the mirrors are out.

Should my mirrors fold when I lock the doors?
Unlike the Select, the Premium is equipped with auto-folding mirrors. So, according to the manual, the pony projection should only activate while the mirrors are folded.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=7430&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

Try getting in and starting the vehicle. While in Park, try folding the mirrors using the button on your driver door panel.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

If it does not work, the mirrors might not be properly on their motor track... I'm not sure if you need to manually fold them to get them back into their track, or if this is something you'll need to bring it in to have fixed. They're designed to allow manual folding, so I guess I'd try that first. Read the above section of the Owner's Manual first.

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
Read the above section of the Owner's Manual first.
I did read the manual but not that one. I have the 400+ page PDF. Thanks for that!

They did not work at all previously and intermittently the Pony projection showed up, but diagonal like I said.

After a manual operation of the automatic function using the door panel button, itā€™s been working as expected.

Thanks @macchiaz-o

alitech

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Hello all. has anyone popped off the puddle lights from under the mirror? I would like to see what it looks like. I want to change the design of the projection to something better and I want to see if there are other puddle lights from ford that I could use

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Hello all. has anyone popped off the puddle lights from under the mirror? I would like to see what it looks like. I want to change the design of the projection to something better and I want to see if there are other puddle lights from ford that I could use
Did you do it @alitech ?

PonyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I'm having the same experience as most of you. It just haphazardly works when it chooses to. I do carry my linked phone at the same time as my fob. The fob is in my pocket and the phone is in a case on my belt.
Me too. Iā€™ve been having the same issue. Every time I think I have it solved the pony doesnā€™t return. SO FRUSTRATING when the great features donā€™t work consistently, or just decide to stop working. Iā€™ve tried everything. Just now I peeked out into my garage, with neither fob nor phone anywhere hear, and the lights and puddle light turned on. Like sheer motion triggered them. Other times I go out there with just the fob, and NOTHING. They appear at the oddest times, but never when they are supposed to. And the dealer doesnā€™t have a CLUE. This is so maddening. Iā€™ve already deleted and reloaded PAAK, and re-entered all my settings, three times. Nothing. I agree with other who have said the puddle lights should go on EVERY TIME you approach, and leave, your car with fob in hand. This canā€™t be that difficult to program. Also annoying is that the auto lock on walk away doesnā€™t work consistently. Something is definitely wrong with the programming. It is ruining the enjoyment of my brand new car.

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Its like the little man in the fridge that turns the light on and off you never see! Seriously, took us a while to figure out what made the pony come out and not. Whenever the mirrors swing back out pony shows up, other times if we've already had been 'welcomed' it won't come on again until it's sat a bit.

CalGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premuim AWD; 2020 Mazda Miata,
Country flag
Thank you! But itā€™s also supposed to come on when you walk toward the LOCKED car with the fob in your hand/purse/pocket. Passively, and only with the mirrors closed. And I agree, sometimes it needs to ā€˜sit a bitā€™ to perform after it has made an appearance. But itā€™s sporadic, and rare. Also, how come every time you walk around your car (with no fob or PAAK in the vicinity) you hear the electronics start activating. Why?

jfwyant1966

First Name
James Wyant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium eAWD XR Grabber Blue
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
You have to have mirrors in and the car locked. Walk out to the garage with your key in hand and when the car wakes up, your puddle lights will be on. However, if you're standing in the house near the garage with your key fob, then car is already awake and the timer has ran out before you made it to your car to check. Same goes if you store your fobs near enough to the car to get a connection. They only stay on a short amount of time.
If you're not getting them at all then you may not have that option.

CalGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premuim AWD; 2020 Mazda Miata,
Country flag
That is exactly what it was! Either my purse or my key was too close to the garage door. Once I realized that it started working perfectly! So thank you! Also you have to follow the exact same procedure every time you walk away from your car. If you open the door again or unlock the trunk it stops the puddle lights from working.

Attachments

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I see mine pretty frequently in the garage....

I have the auto lock/unlock on and the mirror fold in on lock.
I don't have them auto Unlock, but I do have them walk-away lock

You need to turn on Welcome lights and auto-fold mirrors for them to work

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
You have to have mirrors in and the car locked. Walk out to the garage with your key in hand and when the car wakes up, your puddle lights will be on. However, if you're standing in the house near the garage with your key fob, then car is already awake and the timer has ran out before you made it to your car to check. Same goes if you store your fobs near enough to the car to get a connection. They only stay on a short amount of time.
If you're not getting them at all then you may not have that option.
ALL models have puddle pony lights
Sponsored