Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What two other procedures worked?
Could you give us their references?
i just went through this last night. Failure after failure AND it was even throwing Service Vehicle Soon errors after repeated tries so watch out for that...all I could do was let the vehicle sit there for a while before it would power on to drive (accessory mode would power on but it would continue throwing the error).

Finally, I decided to just try doing it as quickly as possible rather than counting out the 5 seconds each step. THAT WORKED. Load the first key in, power on vehicle. Wait a second, turn it off. Load second key, power on vehicle, wait a second, turn it off. Load new key, turn on vehicle, wait a second...and it confirms key programming success. Simple as that.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
What two other procedures worked?
Could you give us their references?
Sorry for the confusion ... the other two procedures I found did _not_ work. Only this procedure worked (after repeated attempts).

In fairness, I was doing a long 5 second count (1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi, etc.) and it seems like a "long" count is not what you should go for. If I had it to do over, I'd probably be quicker because that's likely why it finally worked on my last attempt.

The key fob I was trying to program was already programmed to another car ... I did not need to clear it to program it to the new car.
Sponsored