JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
But I cant order the blank yet - wont let me order but can order the body - is that ok - is that all we need

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
But I cant order the blank yet - wont let me order but can order the body - is that ok - is that all we need
Technically, yes. But it will look a little weird without the top loop that's attached to the key blank and there won't be any way to attach it to a keychain. I just ordered the fob portion in case that pricing is a mistake :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1612919842156

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That is much cheaper than what was reported and what I was expecting to pay. So blank & control is around $100. I can live with that.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is much cheaper than what was reported and what I was expecting to pay. So blank & control is around $100. I can live with that.
Yeah, but the blank costs more than the fob, which makes no sense. Too bad they didn’t just make this as one part for the MME since there is no physical key.

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
With a second key FOB, can it be programed to automatically change the seat and mirror settings to that of a second driver?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Technically, yes. But it will look a little weird without the top loop that's attached to the key blank and there won't be any way to attach it to a keychain. I just ordered the fob portion in case that pricing is a mistake :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1612919842156
Yup I agree but have to wait I guess - cant order the blank yet - says back order and wont let me add in cart

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I went ahead and ordered a FOB (not the key blade as it is on backorder). Very surprised it isn't $100, and wanted to take a chance and order one now in case it is some mistake. If it arrives before my car does, I will bring it with me at delivery and report back if it can be programmed. If it turns out it cannot be programmed for the car, or that I need the key blade for some reason, oh well it was just $37 so I'm not out much.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1612967378053

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went ahead and ordered a FOB (not the key blade as it is on backorder). Very surprised it isn't $100, and wanted to take a chance and order one now in case it is some mistake. If it arrives before my car does, I will bring it with me at delivery and report back if it can be programmed. If it turns out it cannot be programmed for the car, or that I need the key blade for some reason, oh well it was just $37 so I'm not out much.
I did the same. When I pick up the fob at the dealer (they won't ship), I'll ask them if they have a key blank for any Ford fob in stock. The blank shouldn't have to be specific to the MME, especially since it doesn't actually need to be cut.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
ok now I'm really curious to see what happens here, because that sounds like a mistake for sure. How can it possibly be that cheap for a fob? that's less than fleaBay!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ok now I'm really curious to see what happens here, because that sounds like a mistake for sure. How can it possibly be that cheap for a fob? that's less than fleaBay!
Me too. If it's really in stock, we should find out soon.
Sponsored