PUTNAM FORD, San Mateo, CA - AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE (more contagious than COVID)

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Change the post name to "Putnam Ford Of San Mateo" to match their name so when google robots reach this, it goes to first page on google search.
Sponsored

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Walnut Creek Ford is where I have my reservation. I ordered on 12/7 right before the price increase and they assured me that I am price protected but I’m still wary. My build date is 9/19, so we’ll see whenever it shows up at the dealer. I can say though they offered me 2 other Mach Es on lot (not my color choice, so I passed) and they were selling them MSRP, no markup, so I have faith. I wish I grabbed one when I had the chance but after all the HVB connector issues, I’m kind of glad I didn’t
Walnut Creek is great, many people have had a straightforward experience with them, including myself when we picked up my wife’s Mach E.

I have my own being delivered around Aug 18 that should be price-protected, I will update you with my experience around that time. Not worried about them at all

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
Walnut Creek is great, many people have had a straightforward experience with them, including myself when we picked up my wife’s Mach E.

I have my own being delivered around Aug 18 that should be price-protected, I will update you with my experience around that time. Not worried about them at all
That’s good to know. I emailed Mike Storkan this morning to validate I’m still price protected. He confirmed they won’t pull anything on me like poor Ops experience with Putnam. I was just worried since I ordered a day before the price increases last December. He also told me they’re still doing the $2000 rebate for Ford Options and my ETA for the car is end of October/beginning of Nov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So a couple things ...

First - Not defending the dealership at ALL
Second - A TLDR or better formatted OP would be nice. That was kinda hard to read.

But there's some things others should be well aware of...

If you don't pick up your car within 7 days of it arriving at the dealership they can sell it, even if it's a reservation. It sounds like the dealer might have slow walked the recall update just to get passed the 7 day window, or less egregiously, the right hand didn't communicate with the left and someone saw a vehicle that hadn't been picked up and sold it because that's what sales people will do.

So, anyone who has an order arrive and gets an email stating as such. Get it before 7 days are up! You can pay for the order even if it's on a hold, they just can't deliver it. Paying for it will complete the sale and ensure that it's yours.
Same scummy dealership sold my car in less than 3 days, and then lied about it to me.

ricknahass

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E (ordered)
Country flag
If you decide to try and enter the rodeo again, I will just say Serramonte Ford in Colma was excellent and didn't even hint at any shenanigans.
Agree, I went to Serramonte Ford and they placed the order for me in May 2021. They called at the end of Sep 2021 and told me I could come in and complete the sale that day. I had to take it in for changing a communication part and SW update - it took them a few days, but returned the car detailed and fully charged.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Can confirm. Walnut Creek Ford honored all the pricing, rebates, and discounts at time of sale. There was no rushing to process and get you out the door, but rather a more thorough go-through of everything to make sure you're not leaving any discounts on the table.

We're discussing buying a truck, and if the Maverick is a winner, then we're going back to them, even though they are 30 miles out of the way, and there are 4 closer dealerships to me. Still wouldn't hesitate to go out there.

Bonus: they're located in downtown Walnut Creek instead of in some desolate Auto Mall in the middle-of-nowhere, so if you need service you can wander around and actually do something other than wait around at the dealership.

hockeyrobin1

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ca Route 1 AWD
Country flag
Another +1 for Walnut Creek Ford! Honored price protection, Ford Options rebate and APR from time of order and X-plan without hesitation! Our salesman Robert Dominguez was knowledgable (owns a Mach-e himself), efficient, and friendly.

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
Sounds like Walnut Creek Ford is the holy grail of dealerships for MMEs!

OP
OP

2bOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
So far I have filed a complaint with BBB and the county's district attorney's office, have spread the word on Nextdoor and Reddit, Facebook, Twitter (Ford, Ford CEO,etc). Google star rating have gone down from 3.7 to 2.5, thanks to those who have taken the time to vote them down (people from this forum thank you!).. I mean who goes with a business with 2.5 stars?
Over the weekend I will file the complaint at the state general attorneys office and send out the story to the local news as well. Will keep you posted if anything comes out of it. At the very least a lot more people know about it now.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sunnyvale was straight up on my sale, x-plan, options etc. Took them 4 tries to get the contract correct, but no shenanigans. I see they are playing the ADM game on inventory though, but with people paying I can see why.

Thanks for the heads up on the dealer and your efforts to get them held to account. Sorry you were screwed out of the car.

Neablis

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I knew the name was familiar, I checked yelp, and yep already left them a 1 star review for this shitty behavior.

Repeating what everyone else here says, go to walnut Creek ford, they have always been true to there word. Do what you can to report them to ford, and do your next reservation there.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Sunnyvale was straight up on my sale, x-plan, options etc. Took them 4 tries to get the contract correct, but no shenanigans. I see they are playing the ADM game on inventory though, but with people paying I can see why.

Thanks for the heads up on the dealer and your efforts to get them held to account. Sorry you were screwed out of the car.
Sunnyvale Ford tried to play games with me by claiming they wouldn't take X-Plan on my ordered car after they sent me an email saying they would. Had to get Ford execs involved before they took off their clown makeup and kept their written promises.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
That’s good to know. I emailed Mike Storkan this morning to validate I’m still price protected. He confirmed they won’t pull anything on me like poor Ops experience with Putnam. I was just worried since I ordered a day before the price increases last December. He also told me they’re still doing the $2000 rebate for Ford Options and my ETA for the car is end of October/beginning of Nov
do you have already production week assigned?
Sponsored