HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
My 2 week old MME went into deep sleep last night according to the app. I decided to let it be and check again this morning - still in deep sleep mode. But I started it up and took the kids to school with no issues and no warnings/alerts.

I understand this can be due to a low LVB. But I thought in that case I might get some kind of message. Itā€™s been driven regularly, not sitting around, although most trips have been fairly short in-town drives.

Any idea whatā€™s going on? I donā€™t have an OBDII reader, although maybe I should get one. Is it worth checking the LVB with a multimeter?
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
What part about "Deep Sleep" do you think is malfunctioning? I think its a normal state for the car to enter after its been sitting for a few hours.

Data updates to FordPass will be delayed, and some other tradeoffs, but I don't think entering that mode indicates any sort of problem with your vehicle.

OP
OP
HondaRacer

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
What part about "Deep Sleep" do you think is malfunctioning? I think its a normal state for the car to enter after its been sitting for a few hours.

Data updates to FordPass will be delayed, and some other tradeoffs, but I don't think entering that mode indicates any sort of problem with your vehicle.
This is the first time itā€™s happened and it left me unable to communicate with the vehicle via fordpass. From what Iā€™ve read, it shouldnā€™t happen unless the vehicle is parked for an extended period or the battery is low.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Definitely need to lower your expectations about how well FordPass is going to be working as companion app to your new MME. It's fine, but far from flawless.

There are frequent quirks about the way FordPass works, and new app releases can change which/where the quirks are. Also keep in mind that except for Bluetooth / PaaK, FordPass is not communicating directly with your car --- all the status info, etc is relayed through Ford's servers, so a bug/outage there also affects the operation of your app.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yeah it shouldnā€™t go into deep sleep after a day, mine has sat almost a week without going into deep sleep. See if it happens again.

You might need to take a trip or leave the car on for 60 minutes continuously to recharge the 12V.

OP
OP
HondaRacer

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
Yeah it shouldnā€™t go into deep sleep after a day, mine has sat almost a week without going into deep sleep. See if it happens again.

You might need to take a trip or leave the car on for 60 minutes continuously to recharge the 12V.
Thanks, Iā€™ll give it a longer drive and see if it happens again. Most trips have been around 20 minutes so far. I wish the Sync screen had an option to display LVB voltage.

arandomuser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
I had this happen as well. I received a priority update OTA and it doesnt go into deep sleep unless left alone for a couple of days. May be worth checking if you need some modules updated.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

"Deep Sleep" is not normal after a few hours, "Your vehicle is asleep" messages are though

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I went on a trip for 10 days, the MME went into deep sleep. Every since then, my PAAK doesn't work. When I logged out of the app and logged back in, it completely erased PAAK and said to "set up PAAK." but every time I tried, it would fail.

Just another bug added to many.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 2 week old MME went into deep sleep last night according to the app. I decided to let it be and check again this morning - still in deep sleep mode. But I started it up and took the kids to school with no issues and no warnings/alerts.

I understand this can be due to a low LVB. But I thought in that case I might get some kind of message. Itā€™s been driven regularly, not sitting around, although most trips have been fairly short in-town drives.

Any idea whatā€™s going on? I donā€™t have an OBDII reader, although maybe I should get one. Is it worth checking the LVB with a multimeter?
My car would go into deep sleep quite a bit after I first received it. Sometimes after sitting 15 minutes.

that stopped happening 5-6 months ago.

I was away for 3 weeks and when I got back the car did show low 12v or something like that but it started without an issue.

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
Just got that deep sleep BS message now. Never got one in the previous few weeks I have owned the car. Just drove it a few hours ago. Hum. New bugs? Something happening today? I bet on the Ford server side...

Last edited:

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Thanks, Iā€™ll give it a longer drive and see if it happens again. Most trips have been around 20 minutes so far. I wish the Sync screen had an option to display LVB voltage.
Keep in mind LVB voltage =/= LVB SoC.

Scan tool will tell you the SoC. Sometimes it can get confused and the LVB BMS needs to be reset. It's tough to know with the Mach E because the deep sleep is the only symptom. I have had erroneous deep sleep messages before too.

My 2016 Mustang needs the BMS reset on it as it gives me a 'low battery turning off to save power' message on the screen if I just hit the power button. Yet the battery is fine and isn't actually low. It's just calculated the SoC wrong and stuck.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Just an FYI that you do not actually have to drive the vehicle to force charge the low voltage battery. If you have a garage, driveway or some place safe to park, simply turn on the vehicle and leave it powered on for an hour and your good to go. No need to actually force yourself to drive around for an hour to achieve the same thing.

I had issues with updates failing to install due to low voltage on my 12v, and to fix this I simply left the car on in my garage for about an hour and that solved the problem.

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
What are the chances that both me and @HondaRacer, with MMEs that are only a few weeks old, got that deep sleep message in the app on the same day, seemingly around the same approximate time? I really feel like this was something @Ford Motor Company had something going on server side. At lease I am hoping, since I thought the LVB issues were resolved months ago. Plus, my MME was plugged in all night, and plugged back in when I got home this morning after a short drive. I thought I read that the LVB will get charged as needed when the MME is plugged in?

OP
OP
HondaRacer

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
What are the chances that both me and @HondaRacer, with MMEs that are only a few weeks old, got that deep sleep message in the app on the same day, seemingly around the same approximate time? I really feel like this was something @Ford Motor Company had something going on server side. At lease I am hoping, since I thought the LVB issues were resolved months ago. Plus, my MME was plugged in all night, and plugged back in when I got home this morning after a short drive. I thought I read that the LVB will get charged as needed when the MME is plugged in?
Iā€™m hoping youā€™re right. I did not have mine plugged in. It was sitting at about 65% SOC. Regardless, Iā€™ve had zero indications of any issues with the LVB.
Sponsored