Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
After visiting Scottsdale last week, jealous of your high quality and flat roads. Should see some impressive numbers coming from your region.

I’m cracking 250 with highway driving now that it’s warmed up here even with our terrain. I also discovered that Auto A/C is fully Auto. Most days in our cool climate it doesn’t rurn on the compressor. We hit 70’s and 80’s this week and lo I felt cooler than normal air. Sure enough even though it was previously off, the A/C light indicated it was on.
Yes. It even switches to Max A/C automatically, which is appreciated out here. If you make a phone call then it turns down the fan speed to minimize background noise and then turns it up again when the call is over. I am learning to wait until the cabin is cooled down before making a call because I like being comfortable first....talk later. :)
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The bad news is that number doesn't necessarily mean much. If you take it for a long drive and average 3.45 mi/kwh that means something, but the estimated range doesn't seem to necessarily correlate with what you'll actually see.

The good news is that number in cold weather has been very conservative, so maybe you will get that range or a little better, depending on driving speed and temperature.
Just checked my total since buying the car... 3.3 kWh over 1900 miles.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
After visiting Scottsdale last week, jealous of your high quality and flat roads. Should see some impressive numbers coming from your region.

I’m cracking 250 with highway driving now that it’s warmed up here even with our terrain. I also discovered that Auto A/C is fully Auto. Most days in our cool climate it doesn’t turn on the compressor. We hit 70’s and 80’s this week and lo I felt cooler than normal air. Sure enough even though it was previously off, the A/C light indicated it was on. Checked and it stays off in the morning, but turns on if needed in the afternoon.
Ford is currently estimating 257 miles to empty from the EPA-rated 230 mile pack. I think that's about 3.8 miles per kWh. Since buying the car, my overall average is 3.9 mi/kWh according to the car's trip meter. These numbers will continue to decline as it gets hotter here or if my share of highway driving goes up.

The A/C controls have been really disappointing for me. I have to fiddle with them each time I drive, sometimes multiple times. It keeps turning "e-heat" on by itself, for instance, which I'd never want on. It also turns off recirc, which I almost always want on (if the HVAC is running).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range beating EPA! Screenshot_20210418-110344

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Hmmm, I have never seen eHeat turn itself on. I would appreciate that feature when my wife is in the car.

bairdc3

First Name
Baird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium EXT, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Equinox
Occupation
Chief Technology Officer
Country flag
Mine is RWD Premium Ext Range and I never see estimates over 285 when fully charged?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The A/C controls have been really disappointing for me. I have to fiddle with them each time I drive, sometimes multiple times. It keeps turning "e-heat" on by itself, for instance, which I'd never want on. It also turns off recirc, which I almost always want on (if the HVAC is running).
Hmmm, I have never seen eHeat turn itself on. I would appreciate that feature when my wife is in the car.
If you manually set the vents to just the windshield-blowing vent then it does that automatically. However, it is "enabling" the e-heat and not necessarily actually using the heating element - it all depends on the car's ambient temp and the temp setting you made in sync4.

Since I much prefer choosing what vents have what temperature air coming out at what speed, the changes I would like to see are:
  • add the fan control on the view with all the other environmental controls; it's stupid to have to go to 2 different widgets to set the enviro controls manually
  • show the ambient car temp being registered so I can adjust the thermostat setting to ensure the A/C and e-heat aren't on
  • modify the sliders so that the volume knob adjust them when the are open

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
you manually set the vents to just the windshield-blowing vent then it does that automatically. However, it is "enabling" the e-heat and not necessarily actually using the heating element - it all depends on the car's ambient temp and the temp setting you made in sync4.
I've been using Off and Auto.

While on Auto, I have the desired temp set to anywhere from 70-73. Outside temps have been low 80s to high 90s or low 100s. I'm not sure when it's turning on e-heat, since it's on a secondary screen. But I'll check that screen periodically to turn recirc back on (argh!) and I'll often but not always see that e-heat also turned on at some point.

This is speculative, but it feels as though the climate control UI crashes and reloads with default settings, if that makes any sense. As if its settings 'corrupted' and it's recovering itself.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wait, you mean the EPA estimate was for 100% charge? hahahahaha (Always unbridled, always max acceleration to ~speedlimit. Anyone who says you have to drive like grandma to get max range is lying to you)

Screenshot_20210417-091141_FordPass.jpg

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Totally random question, but this has been bugging me for months when I see pictures. Can you tell me what that blue block means at the front of the car icon in the instrument cluster?
And there is a setting somewhere that turns this off. It was bugging me too. I don’t remember what it is but something about the following distance like JellyBelly said.
Sponsored