CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Couple different noises developing in Mach E. Happy to learn if any suggestions.
  1. Dash passenger side rattle. Stops if passenger puts pressure on dash area above glove box, fabric covered area.
  2. When driving at highway speeds 65+, whistle on exterior drivers side. Does not seem to be driver side mirror. Sounds like it is coming from front driver side of exterior. Doesn't sound like a wheel bearing, but don't know if electric motor may be creating this noise?
  3. Rolling rattle from rear of vehicle when turning, intermittent. Wondering if something has come loose in battery compartment.
Thanjs for any thoughts.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1) Empty glovebox and retest.
2) Fold mirrors while driving and retest.
3) Remove rear floor and look for loose object.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Couple different noises developing in Mach E. Happy to learn if any suggestions.
  1. Dash passenger side rattle. Stops if passenger puts pressure on dash area above glove box, fabric covered area.
  2. When driving at highway speeds 65+, whistle on exterior drivers side. Does not seem to be driver side mirror. Sounds like it is coming from front driver side of exterior. Doesn't sound like a wheel bearing, but don't know if electric motor may be creating this noise?
  3. Rolling rattle from rear of vehicle when turning, intermittent. Wondering if something has come loose in battery compartment.
Thanjs for any thoughts.
Hey there! Please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concerns on my end.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Thanjs for any thoughts.
Did you ever get this fixed. I've noticed item 1 on mine as well. Nope noticeable when the weather is cold and for me it's resolved by pressing either driver side or passenger side fabric dash area.

OP
OP

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
No, rattles persist.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
One rattle that took me a bit to figure out was my sunglasses in the sunglass holder. I have to put them in a certain way to keep them from rattling. Sharing for anyone else hunting down a rattle.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"Rattles and Whistles" was not U2's best album.

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select AWD SR
Country flag
I've got the same exact dash rattle and it's driving me crazy. Simple bit of pressure just above the glove box and it stops. I haven't spent any time trying to correct it yet, but good to see I'm not alone.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've got the same exact dash rattle and it's driving me crazy. Simple bit of pressure just above the glove box and it stops. I haven't spent any time trying to correct it yet, but good to see I'm not alone.
Hey there! I can look into your Mach-E’s rattle concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Interior rattles addressed at dealer. Significant amount of work done to remove dash, speaker covers, instrument clusters, install foam tape, reassemble. Apillar, door panels also removed, foam tape added, reassembled. Invoice indicates Electronic Chassis Ears were used to diagnose. This has been a great improvement.

Dealer confirmed the rear end motor area sound of a bolt or nut rolling around is normal, other Mach E's on lot make same sound.

Update: After a few days the apillar rattle has returned.

Last edited:

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
Just stumbled onto this old thread - I've been having rattles from both front door cards. Pressing in on them stops the noise but it's pretty annoying.
Car is a job-1 from spring 2021 w/ ~26k miles.

Based on your success, I just set up an appointment with my dealer to look into it but they can't do so until over a month from now and will need to keep my car for ~3 days :(

@Ford Motor Company - any chance I can get a loaner during this service?

eman88

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I was able to locate and eradicate my Mach-e rattles.

1st rattle - loose sunglasses was the culprit, I reposition (or remove) them and rattle was gone

2nd rattle - Glovebox - the small arm that connects and holds the glove box had a lot of play. I added tape around the pin the arm connects to and the rattle is gone.

Note. the Arm that connects to the pin on the glovebox is like a little shock that moves in and out, the issue is, the Arm has a lot of all-around play (which causes vibration). Ford should add a fixed guide to limit the Arm's all-around travel.

I hope this helps

GloveBox.jpg
Sponsored