DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Probably just a coincidence, but there it is.
Yup. Even a broken clocks are right twice a day. Not a big deal. It's just that if you're going to be technical and use MPGe you ought to understand it's from the wall and that you can't use it as if it were from the battery. Had he done it correctly his numbers wouldn't match at all.

?? "Actual highway" at what speed? And what driving conditions? I wasn't aware than any EPA or MPGe figures came from actual road tests.
Oh yeah. I forgot that in your world random people driving vehicles in random ways over random terrain in random conditions, which may or may not have any relevance to your drive cycle, constitutes an actual tesl, as opposed to carefully controlled tests that correspond well to real world driving. :)

Unless you drive a Tesla, the EPA numbers tell you everything you need to know. Assuming you know what you're doing.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So 219 "real world" 70 MPH range adjusted for 10-80% normal range is 153. Not bad for the 2nd/3rd/4th legs of a drive day.
150mi for subsequent legs is pretty good and would likely bridge a 120mi charging gap without a problem. The remaining drawback is that we're still looking at 45 mins from 10% to 80%. Maybe 38mins if we're lucky but even then, we're hit with the charging cliff to 12kW at 80%.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh yeah. I forgot that in your world random people driving vehicles in random ways over random terrain in random conditions, which may or may not have any relevance to your drive cycle, constitutes an actual tesl, as opposed to carefully controlled tests that correspond well to real world driving. :)

Unless you drive a Tesla, the EPA numbers tell you everything you need to know. Assuming you know what you're doing.
???

Apparently you have a different definition of the word "actual". To me it means an actual drive, not a simulated one in the lab (which by definition is pretty much the opposite of "actual").

If I'd known you really meant "simulated" rather than "actual", I wouldn't have wasted my time asking about the error.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I like that they gave us this, but not that they didn't stick to 70 mph the entire way or that it was raining.
I backed out the heat (climate)and liked the number I got.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Real world range on Premium ER/AWD 1610411216821

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I like that they gave us this, but not that they didn't stick to 70 mph the entire way or that it was raining.
I backed out the heat (climate)and liked the number I got.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Real world range on Premium ER/AWD 1610411216821
Yeah, that gets closer to 250 without climate use.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
There’s no way the MME will give you 2.8 @ 70 mph with the heat on. My Kona is more efficient than the MME and it averages 2.9 @ 70 mph in the winter with heat at 70F.
[/QUOTE]

I suspect we will be pleasantly surprised by the range and miles/kWh. I believe the MME should approximate my Bolt in terms of efficiency, and I average 2.9 m/kWh with 80% highway miles and the cruise set between 77 and 79 miles per hour (and it isn’t particularly warm as I commute from Ann Arbor to Toledo every day).

48ADEBBF-8B32-47C5-BD94-B742D79B65C1.jpeg

327381F1-9B21-44C5-8240-540C730CE07F.png

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I suspect we will be pleasantly surprised by the range and miles/kWh. I believe the MME should approximate my Bolt in terms of efficiency, and I average 2.9 m/kWh with 80% highway miles and the cruise set between 77 and 79 miles per hour (and it isn’t particularly warm as I commute from Ann Arbor to Toledo every day).
The Mach-E is more than 1000 lbs heavier than the Bolt. I would expect worse efficiency.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
The Mach-E is more than 1000 lbs heavier than the Bolt. I would expect worse efficiency.
[/QUOTE]
True. Yet it strikes me as more aerodynamic and should have world-class technology (compared to my 3 year old Bolt)

Reactions: UW2

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EPA efficiency rating and results so far suggest that it won't.

Reactions: JSW

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
True. Yet it strikes me as more aerodynamic and should have world-class technology (compared to my 3 year old Bolt)
Perhaps. I suppose the RWD might do 2.9 at those speeds. I was focused more on the AWD since that's what I'm buying, but the RWD might have a chance (IIRC, the Bolt isn't AWD).

Reactions: JSW

Machmus

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CG Mach-E AWD LR, Seat mii Electric
Country flag
A motor magazine in Norway just did a real world range test.

Winter temperature -3 to -4 degree celsius. They drove the cars until battery was empty - complete stop!

Table heading from left to right:
Car model, official WLTP-range, measured range, deviation in %, Stated consumption kWt/100 km, measured consumption kWt/100 km, car type/model, tires.

Note! The tested Model 3 is the new type with heat pump. The old without heat pump made it 110 km shorter in the same test last year.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Real world range on Premium ER/AWD Screenshot_20210318-184150_Chrome

Link to article if you want to translate from Norwegian. https://motor.no/elbil/elbilene-som-har-best-rekkevidde-om-vinteren/193624

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A motor magazine in Norway just did a real world range test.

Winter temperature -3 to -4 degree celsius. They drove the cars until battery was empty - complete stop!

Table heading from left to right:
Car model, official WLTP-range, measured range, deviation in %, Stated consumption kWt/100 km, measured consumption kWt/100 km, car type/model, tires.

Note! The tested Model 3 is the new type with heat pump. The old without heat pump made it 110 km shorter in the same test last year.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Real world range on Premium ER/AWD Screenshot_20210318-184150_Chrome

Link to article if you want to translate from Norwegian. https://motor.no/elbil/elbilene-som-har-best-rekkevidde-om-vinteren/193624
So they got 267 miles out of the Mach-E AWD ER in 25F temps. That's quite good.

Rusty0601

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Have there been any long term drive reviews done where they have checked the mileage range of the battery. I have a premium reserved with ER battery and RWD but I'm getting the itch to switch to the AWD. But yes I do have range anxiety-for long trips not everyday commuting.
MachE 4X
I have been driving 220 mile round trips, 99% highway
I start in low 90%, drive 220 miles highway, and usually have 52 to 60 of reported range left.
So, it looks like my highway range is almost 300mi
outside temp: 80 AC set to 75
driving mostly 70 mph

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
So they got 267 miles out of the Mach-E AWD ER in 25F temps. That's quite good.
I am starting to think they did their EPA tests during the winter in Detroit.
Sponsored