Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
Everything has been going swimmingly with my Mach-E. Until two days ago when my rear hatch has been acting up. Using the fob to open it, it only opens a few inches. Trying the foot activation, same thing. The internal buttons don’t do any thing other than prompt the three chime error sound. It requires that I manually close it or finish opening it. Sometimes it fights back. I’ve tried the tip of switching it to manual and opening and closing it and then switching it back to automatic. No dice. Any help?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Have you tried the button to the left that is the adjustment button? Open the hatch all the way and then press and hold that button. It’ll recalibrate to open it to that height.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
Have you tried the button to the left that is the adjustment button? Open the hatch all the way and then press and hold that button. It’ll recalibrate to open it to that height.
I have not. But I’ll try that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestion. Will report back!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Everything has been going swimmingly with my Mach-E. Until two days ago when my rear hatch has been acting up. Using the fob to open it, it only opens a few inches. Trying the foot activation, same thing. The internal buttons don’t do any thing other than prompt the three chime error sound. It requires that I manually close it or finish opening it. Sometimes it fights back. I’ve tried the tip of switching it to manual and opening and closing it and then switching it back to automatic. No dice. Any help?
Hi there Daniel! Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership? I can take a look at this on my end.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
Unfortunately, this didn't work. When I press the fob twice, it raises to the spot you see. Raising it all the way up and holding that button doesn't do anything and when I press anything to close it (the left button, the right button or the fob) it just does the three chime tone like there is an error.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
No problem, this gent made a video.

I'm not sure that's my problem. As you can see in the video, it only goes up a few inches and he seemed to indicate in the video that it wouldn't allow you to set it that low.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Funny you say this. My car started doing the same thing in the past two days. It unlocks but doesn’t raise the lid. After manual opening it will close using the lift motor. It will work fine a couple of times only to repeat not raising after the unlock occurs.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
Funny you say this. My car started doing the same thing in the past two days. It unlocks but doesn’t raise the lid. After manual opening it will close using the lift motor. It will work fine a couple of times only to repeat not raising after the unlock occurs.
Mine won't even close! So you've got one up on me there. No matter what action I take, mine just does the three chime tone and stays put.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
My Mach-E has now been at the dealership for 5 days getting the glass recall and this is the one issue they can't seem to figure out. Anyone have any thoughts?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Mach-E has now been at the dealership for 5 days getting the glass recall and this is the one issue they can't seem to figure out. Anyone have any thoughts?
I would have them check the sensor that detects force on it. For example, when I open mine, I can put my hands on it and it'll stay at that height or try and close, can't recall which. So there is some sensor that either detects force, an obstruction or a straight failure that it couldn't fully open.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I would have them check the sensor that detects force on it. For example, when I open mine, I can put my hands on it and it'll stay at that height or try and close, can't recall which. So there is some sensor that either detects force, an obstruction or a straight failure that it couldn't fully open.
Part of me is convinced that there is more water getting in than should during car washes although I had the TSB done and people have confirmed that it’s entirely normal.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Part of me is convinced that there is more water getting in than should during car washes although I had the TSB done and people have confirmed that it’s entirely normal.
If water was already getting in, make sure they know to start there and check for any shorts or water damage, maybe?

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
If water was already getting in, make sure they know to start there and check for any shorts or water damage, maybe?
Yeah. My assumption is they would have started with sensors. But maybe not. Hoping to get the car back tomorrow but not sure what they’re tried and what their path forward is.

OP
OP
DRuth086

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
For anyone interested or suffering from the same problem...the ultimate resolution after a week at the dealership was to replace the two motors that drive the liftgate. Seems to be working fine. Just picked her up an hour or so ago and have used the liftgate a few times in the process. Will report back if errors still occur but hopefully this is the end of that.
Sponsored