Recirculating air turning off

SteelMach

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
For me it is that there are so many noxious vehicles on the road that the smell of emissions, and all those nasty chemicals included in those fumes, comes into the cabin. For this reason, I prefer to always have recirculation on. I also live in an area with a lot of two lane roads, so if I get stuck behind a vehicle like this, I can’t easily escape it.
Would have been nice if Mach-E came with an odor filter, but alas we have to go aftermarket for one.

Seems almost obvious that BEVs should have odor filters (Tesla and VW do) - when you're not the one making exhaust fumes you definitely notice everyone else's!

prdude

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Would have been nice if Mach-E came with an odor filter, but alas we have to go aftermarket for one.

Seems almost obvious that BEVs should have odor filters (Tesla and VW do) - when you're not the one making exhaust fumes you definitely notice everyone else's!
I wouldn't be surprised if MME's for Europe or China get carbon filters

SteelMach

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if MME's for Europe or China get carbon filters
I'm sure they do. Ford seems almost determined to provide cheap filters in North America and nice ones everywhere else. They even have PM2.5 sensors in the cars in China, but don't seem to think Americans care about what they breathe or smell.

Why the North American Mach-E does not have a carbon filter, I do not understand. As I said, it seems like an obvious miss. Happily it is something the aftermarket will easily allow us to upgrade so I don't really hold it against Ford.

OP

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
the MME's software is definitely going to use recirc as much as possible, since it reduces a/c load and thus power consumption by the a/c compressor
And that’s what I thought too, I’ll try it again, maybe it was just a glitch.

Advertisement

Advertisement