Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
Wait, so your options at delivery are to take the car as-is, reorder (and get back in line), or walk away? They didn’t offer to fix it? Or is it one of things where it’s “within spec” and therefore there’s nothing they’ll do about it?
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
The pano roof issue has been discussed a lot, and, in my opinion, is a major design flaw / fail. My build date is 4/18/2021 and while I want the car, I don't need it. It has so many things going for it, but I wish Ford would acknowledge the pano roof / wind noise / screen whine / PAAK issues and COMMUNICATE with (at least) current owners. I don't expect the first go round of a new vehicle to be perfect - and can accept that. But, in these days of social media and instant communication, Ford is falling woefully short.

Say something. I'm giving up on you...

Sad. While I am still looking forward to getting my Mach E, my enthusiasm is getting less and less every day...
LOL. Are you working for Elon?
Most people have zero issues, but somehow some posters who don't even have a car are so concerned on behalf of others.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
The buzzy screen is on all of them sadly. The people who say they can't hear it probably just aren't able to hear it. It's like that on mine as well but it's not that annoying thankfully.
There are more buzz about "buzzy screen" than the actual sound.

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Wait, so your options at delivery are to take the car as-is, reorder (and get back in line), or walk away? They didn’t offer to fix it? Or is it one of things where it’s “within spec” and therefore there’s nothing they’ll do about it?
The cool fleet mgr I was dealing with at Ken Grody Ford was on vacation this week so I was nicely passed to a "Mach-E Team" junior salesman. Friendly new guy was off a couple days... so I made an appt for Sat. My family was on spring break when the MME arrived about a week ago! Pick-up logistics timing issues! I have young kiddos! Ugggg.

He offered to check other MMEs coming in next week to their dealership but they are already promised to others on their "waitlist" and have been marked up due to "extra shipping costs/dealer fees, etc." Salesman said dealer wants this MME sold by Monday. Completely understood after it sat for a week (We were on vacation when it came in!).

I'll talk to fleet folks on Monday! I shouldn't have to wait 6+ months for a new order, right? But I don't want another one with flaws.

Last edited:

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
The car makes loud buzz when plugged in. I assume that's what you're describing. Unplug the car to hear the electrical whine/buzz from the instrument cluster.
Yeah, this is similar to that noise, but it is not plugged in. With the car unplugged, I get in and press the start button *without* pressing the brake. The console turns on (with the warning about not ready to drive) and I can hear a faint buzz that gets louder when I lean in towards the console. But if I open the door and step outside it is clearly the same type of vibration I hear when it is plugged in (though perhaps not as loud), coming from somewhere near the front of the car - presumably the cooling system. Perhaps this doesn't happen for everyone? Or maybe it is only in certain circumstances (eg temperature).

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
I've never gotten why manufacturers throw these (moonroof too) in every car above base trims. In most cases it's an instant 1 to 2 inch of headroom lost and I move on. When I fit, and have them, I just close them and forget about them. It's either a worthless feature or worse, a net negative.

Here's to a solid roof in a Premium or California edition.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I've never gotten why manufacturers throw these (moonroof too) in every car above base trims. In most cases it's an instant 1 to 2 inch of headroom lost and I move on. When I fit, and have them, I just close them and forget about them. It's either a worthless feature or worse, a net negative.

A moonroof has to accommodate the mechanical parts allowing it to open, which is why it reduces front row headroom. A fixed glass roof, on the other hand, is only as thick as the glass - headroom is similar to a metal roof without the upholstery. If you compare the headroom figures of Mach-E and vehicles of a similar size, you can see that when equipped with the glass roof it has more headroom in the front than everything else that has a moonroof, and at least matches the rear headroom of those vehicles. Without the glass roof, Mach-E's rear headroom would be reduced by about an inch.

Last edited:

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag

The Mach E's with a glass roof has more headroom than the standard steel roof.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
On the vehicle I test drove the glass roof was misaligned as was the rear trunk - both had visible uneven body gaps. Ford has never had a reputation for the best fit and finish - too bad they didn't do anything to improve things, despite their senior executives constantly talking about poor fit and finish on Teslas.
Well, I’m new to Ford specifically for this Mach e. I require better than that. ford should require better with a $60k vehicle

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Well, I’m new to Ford specifically for this Mach e. I require better than that. ford should require better with a $60k vehicle
Yeah me too. I chalked it up to that particular one being a very early build, but looks like others on here are complaining too.

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
I will call the dedicated MME phone number and escalate this issue on Monday. They will get an earful from me! WTH are they allowing all these "QA-Passed" vehicles to leave the plant? Why should we all have malaligned structural glass roofs? Uhggg. Honestly, if Ford builds and promises me a new one that's perfect, I'll whip out my checkbook -- and takes off $1k for my trouble!!

Last edited:

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
The cool fleet mgr I was dealing with at Ken Grody Ford was on vacation this week so he passed me on to another fleet mgr who passed me on to a "Mach-E Team" junior salesman instead. Friendly new guy was off a couple days... so I made an appt for Sat. My family was on spring break when the MME arrived about a week ago! Pick-up logistics timing issues! I have young kiddos! Ugggg.

He offered to check other MMEs coming in next week to their dealership but they are already promised to others on their "waitlist" and have been marked up due to "extra shipping costs/dealer fees, etc." Salesman said "Mr. Grody wants my MME sold by Monday!" He offered me no other solutions except to contact the business office on Monday about deposit options... Then went to help other customers on MME testdrives.

I'll talk to fleet folks on Monday! I shouldn't have to wait 6+ months for a new order, right? But I don't want another one with flaws.
I went there for a test drive. I was unimpressed with the dealership.

dwadj

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2021 J2 Awd ER, Transit Custom Lim aut
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Hi all. Very sadly I had to reject delivery of my beautiful Rapid Red ER AWD Premium MME yesterday at our dealer - Ken Grody Ford, Orange County. I reserved around New Year's 2020 and converted to order in June 2020. My family was really, really excited to get her this week! We are completing a major rewiring of our house electrical panels to accommodate two new charging circuits!

Why did I reject delivery? Sadly, my Mach-E joined the club of poorly aligned/installed panoramic glass roofs. It was so lopsided and apparent from a distance. The leading edge of the panoramic roof was flush with windshield on driver's side and lifted up approx 3/8" -5/16" in the passenger side. There was no rubber seals/edging along the protruding pano roof leading edge frame.

I also noted that the driver's instrument screen buzzed loudly when parked and driving at city speeds. A liftgate gasket was damaged by tool marks. I also noticed the right-rear quarter panel was slightly misaligned next to talelight (minor).

The salesman acknowledged the pano roof issue and said maybe a glass shop could fix it but couldn't promise anything. He would sell the car 100% as-is by today. I am really sad to walk away from such an awesome EV in a beautiful color. My test drive was great! No rattles, squeaks, etc... just buzzing screen area which salesman said was normal.
20210327_143735.jpg

I was told that their business offices would be in touch with me next week about my deposit. What should I do? I really want my MME but want zero major quality issues -- at least ones that you can see and obviously Ford hasn't addressed just yet!?? Ugggggggg. What should I do? My entire family is totally disappointed and sad! Did Ford just ignore it? Ugggggg!

20210327_144715.jpg
MMM is the glass roof misaligned, looks more of an issue with the windscreen alignment...

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Maybe I am being too picky, but for a car north of $50k, I expected far better build quality. I have only owned Toyotas and Mazdas in my life and while no car is perfect from the factory, serious quality gaffes are unacceptable. Uggggg. Is it too hard to have an even, forward roof line and quiet instrument cluster?

I've had plenty of issues in my Mazdas and Toyotas over the years... Both companies fully addressed all of them 100%. Some corrected out of factory warranty! I am brand new to the Ford brand and would've never ever stepped into a Ford dealership (or Website) had it not been for the MME!
same here, I have never owned a ford and never even been to one of the dealers. I am sorry your car had those issues but thank you for sharing, now I have a good idea of what to look for. I too have only owned Toyota's and have never had any issues.

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi all. Very sadly I had to reject delivery of my beautiful Rapid Red ER AWD Premium MME yesterday at our dealer - Ken Grody Ford, Orange County. I reserved around New Year's 2020 and converted to order in June 2020. My family was really, really excited to get her this week! We are completing a major rewiring of our house electrical panels to accommodate two new charging circuits!

Why did I reject delivery? Sadly, my Mach-E joined the club of poorly aligned/installed panoramic glass roofs. It was so lopsided and apparent from a distance. The leading edge of the panoramic roof was flush with windshield on driver's side and lifted up approx 3/8" -5/16" in the passenger side. There was no rubber seals/edging along the protruding pano roof leading edge frame.

I also noted that the driver's instrument screen buzzed loudly when parked and driving at city speeds. A liftgate gasket was damaged by tool marks. I also noticed the right-rear quarter panel was slightly misaligned next to talelight (minor).

The salesman acknowledged the pano roof issue and said maybe a glass shop could fix it but couldn't promise anything. He would sell the car 100% as-is by today. I am really sad to walk away from such an awesome EV in a beautiful color. My test drive was great! No rattles, squeaks, etc... just buzzing screen area which salesman said was normal.
20210327_143735.jpg

I was told that their business offices would be in touch with me next week about my deposit. What should I do? I really want my MME but want zero major quality issues -- at least ones that you can see and obviously Ford hasn't addressed just yet!?? Ugggggggg. What should I do? My entire family is totally disappointed and sad! Did Ford just ignore it? Ugggggg!

20210327_144715.jpg
where is the ljftgate gasket? I want to make sure to inspect mine. Thanks