eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Most previous estimates had it at 3.5 seconds, so this seems like underdelivering. I guess the performance edition will be 3.5.
I don’t think that’s correct. Ford has consistently said target is 3.8 for the GT and 3.5 “with options” (translation: with the optional Performance package). So no indication of underdelivering yet.

See tech specs link here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...manuals-and-web-sites-for-mach-e-owners.1660/

12/17/2020 published specs indicate GT Performance has 480 hp (not 459) and 634 lb-ft torque. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds ("targeted").

Also, the wheels might not be as we've previously been expecting?

20" Machined Aluminum Wheel with Aero Cover (std)
20" Machine-Faced Ebony Black-Painted Wheel (opt)
480 hp and 634 lb-ft does seem like an improvement over the original specs (even if the target acceleration is still 3.5 secs.).
Also interesting that the standard GT gets machined wheels rather than the original cast.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Report: Mach-E GT orders opening late April 1612977885341

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I have a feeling that GT range is going to depend heavily on the right foot of the driver.
I have a friend who has a Tesla M3 Performance. He drives like a mad man and gets about 180 miles from full charge.
Range is all Right foot dependent.

silvercurves-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Country flag
Does anyone know how Mageneride works - does it allow ride height adjustment manually? Or is it purely dampening?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
and the GT has larger tires which is probably at least part why lower range.
The Y Perf has wider tires and lower size battery yet still has higher range. Gotta be something other than aerodynamics I would think.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
and the GT has larger tires which is probably at least part why lower range.
The Y Perf has wider tires and lower size battery yet still has higher range. Gotta be something other than aerodynamics I would think.

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
I don't plan on making many long road trips, and my commute is 8 miles, so I'm fine abusing my tires and shedding amp-hours like it's my job (up to the speed limit, and without being a douche of course).

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Does anyone know how Mageneride works - does it allow ride height adjustment manually? Or is it purely dampening?
I have magnetic ride control (GM's version of magneride) in my Camaro. It does not affect ride height, only the stiffness of the shocks. So in sport & track mode it makes them stiffer for sharper handling, and in tour & ice mode it makes them softer for a more comfortable ride.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Magneride is like magic. With lightning fast computers and the ability to control current, the damping can be adjusted incredibly fast and is highly programmable. However, unlike air suspension, I do not believe there is a way to adjust the ride height.

In the fossil Mustang, it's a $2,000 option. Would be really cool if at most that's what it cost us too.

silvercurves-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Country flag
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-vs-Tesla-Model-Y-scaled.jpg

This is what happens when I have too much time waiting for order bank to open up but noticed 3.7 sec above vs. 3.8 sec on Ford's website.

I think table info has been updated recently with more HP (459 vs 480) and slower 0-60?

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Both GT versions have 480hp, performance has more torque.
Thanks :) was just going on the chart as original posted, still would prefer the top speed was upped regardless if I am only legally allowed to do it in one country in the world or on a track so it appears competitive in regards to the model Y, as really want ford to go all in and produce a true performance derivative not a warmed over premium to justify the price increase and range reduction.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag

EVBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-vs-Tesla-Model-Y-scaled.jpg

This is what happens when I have too much time waiting for order bank to open up but noticed 3.7 sec above vs. 3.8 sec on Ford's website.

I think table info has been updated recently with more HP (459 vs 480) and slower 0-60?
This is a reused table that’s just slightly outdated. 3.8 s 0-60 is now correct. With the Performance Edition you’ll get a 3.5 s 0-60. Both variants have 480 hp. Peak torque is 600 lb-ft vs 634 on the Performance

Zoomer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37, Honda Accord
Country flag
  • Choice of body-color roof, panoramic glass roof or black-painted roof
I like the MME color contrast, but am a little torn… My MME will live in the Phoenix area, so in addition to Space White, I'm considering the body-color roof. Please, Ford, modify the online config tool to allow us to see the GT with body-color roof.
Sponsored