Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Trying to figure out why the Rt 1 is higher priced than the Premium. What am I missing? $1800 for smaller wheels and no seat heater?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah Route 1 is the least expensive 300 mile option (may even be the longest ranged Mach-E due to the smaller wheels as well).

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
It's a shame anyone is selling BEVs without heated seats. My base trim 2012 VW Golf had them standard.

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
Living in SoCal, we have never used the heated seats on our Chevy Volt. Our initial order was for a Premium Mach E, but changed it to the CA Route 1 after further deliberations as we just didn’t need to pay for heated seats, steering, foot activated lift gates etc. Only thing we are really would have liked to have from the Premium that we are not getting on the Route 1 is the sound system, but decided it just was not worth the nearly 4k+ difference for the Premium ER. Our main goal was the ER battery and the CA Route 1 was the most economical way to get the ER battery (since it is not an option on the Select model). We also do not need the AWD in SoCal so RWD is what we would have ordered on the Premium as well.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
It's a shame anyone is selling BEVs without heated seats. My base trim 2012 VW Golf had them standard.
Meh: I'm here in Michigan and ordered the CA Route 1 version. With that much battery I can precondition the cabin and still have 250 miles left.

My Focus Electric and my Bolt both had/have heated seats (and the Bolt has a heated steering wheel).

Maybe I just have a thick backside but I never found heated seats to really make that much of a difference.

Am I worried that I ordered the CA Rt 1 trim for Michigan (it's targeted for Southern California users)? Nope: For years I drove pickups in the snow without issue (rarely engaging 4x4). The Mach-E is/will be a very heavy vehicle (almost 5k lbs) with a very good traction control system (I've found EV traction controls to be much better than ICE versions). On those deep snow days I end up staying home instead of going in anyway...so no problems.

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Meh: I'm here in Michigan and ordered the CA Route 1 version. With that much battery I can precondition the cabin and still have 250 miles left.

My Focus Electric and my Bolt both had/have heated seats (and the Bolt has a heated steering wheel).

Maybe I just have a thick backside but I never found heated seats to really make that much of a difference.

Am I worried that I ordered the CA Rt 1 trim for Michigan (it's targeted for Southern California users)? Nope: For years I drove pickups in the snow without issue (rarely engaging 4x4). The Mach-E is/will be a very heavy vehicle (almost 5k lbs) with a very good traction control system (I've found EV traction controls to be much better than ICE versions). On those deep snow days I end up staying home instead of going in anyway...so no problems.
That's fair, having the extended battery and the option of pre-conditioning the cabin while charging makes the lack of heated sets less of a deal breaker. Personally I was always looking at the standard battery AWD right around the low end of my comfortable range, so relying on just resistive heating was a big concern. It was just disappointing to see that it was a $2000+ option on the Selects, pushing the price right up to the point where it felt like the base Select wasn't worth it compared to Premium.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

If I bought a Mach E without heated seats my wife would make me take it back!

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If I bought a Mach E without heated seats my wife would make me take it back!
Ditto. Also until my latest vehicle I never had AWD, now I don't think I could ever go back unless I move away from lake effect snow!

Edez ME

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I reserved a Rt1 back in February for its range, and thinking that options could help me tailor the car to my requirements. Now I’m not so sure if heated seated and B&O are available options on the Rt1. With the ability to switch models and with my reservation with Ford available through December 31st, I’ll wait to place my order until I understand the range and options of the various Mach E models.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I reserved a Rt1 back in February for its range, and thinking that options could help me tailor the car to my requirements. Now I’m not so sure if heated seated and B&O are available options on the Rt1. With the ability to switch models and with my reservation with Ford available through December 31st, I’ll wait to place my order until I understand the range and options of the various Mach E models.
There's definitely no way to add heated seats or B&O sound system for California Rt. 1. These were never listed as options for that model but we couldn't know for sure... Until this last week when the dealer order guides leaked out, and now with the web orders being taken, we can all see the final options and specs.

Edez ME

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I’ll still wait to see if the range of the Rt1 versus that of the Premium RWD with the larger battery is close.
Sponsored