ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
As far as I can tell, these are the primary differences between the 2022 Select and Premium once you add the Comfort/Technology Package to the Select:
  • Standard Battery vs Extended option (thus, range)
  • Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof
  • Acoustic Laminate Glass - Front-row side windows
  • Ambient Lighting - Multi-Color
  • LED Turn Signals vs LED Turn Indicators (what's the difference here?)
  • Headlamps - LED Reflector vs LED Projector
  • B&O Speakers
  • Seat stitching
  • Tires 18" vs 19" standard (optional upgrade on Select)

Am I missing anything?

One other thing I can't seem to confirm is if the "Power Liftgate" that gets added with the Comfort/Tech Package includes the foot activated liftgate that comes on the Premium?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There is no foot activated liftgate in 2022, nor acoustic glass.

KennyPratt42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
As far as I can tell, these are the primary differences between the 2022 Select and Premium once you add the Comfort/Technology Package to the Select:
  • B&O Speakers
  • Seat stitching

Am I missing anything?

One other thing I can't seem to confirm is if the "Power Liftgate" that gets added with the Comfort/Tech Package includes the foot activated liftgate that comes on the Premium?
They've removed the acoustic glass from all models (many on the board have said they didn't notice a difference when driving a model with or without it) and also the foot activated lift gate. So there will be no definite between the two models you listed in those options.

There is also a couple things like the grill surround on the Premium is a little different than the Select (a minor appearance upgrade, not the big change like on the GT).

debsahu

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Select & Cal route 1 does not have HD radio. Front turn-LED indicators are sequential for premium.

OP
OP
ricksta6

ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI, I reached out to Ford directly and they confirmed the Comfort/Tech Package does include the foot activated liftgate.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
FYI, I reached out to Ford directly and they confirmed the Comfort/Tech Package does include the foot activated liftgate.
It DID. But the foot activated liftgate has been removed from all 2022s. Another difference is that the exterior trim is gloss black on the Premium and flat black on the Select.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
  • B&O Speakers
  • Seat stitching

Am I missing anything?

I have "Sound Screen" acoustic glass on my Select (at least on the windshield)
The seats in both seem the same to me, different stitching
Premium is the only one you can pick white interior for

I have a Job 2 2021 Select and it does have a power and handsfree lift gate, this is going away i guess on all trims ?

Last edited:

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
I just picked up my premium on Monday (Feb 14 week build) and there is in fact no foot activated lift gate.

OP
OP
ricksta6

ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well damn, I'm pretty bummed now. I love the foot activated liftgate in my Volvo, and had it in my 2013 Escape.

I ordered a Grabber Blue Select with Comfort/Tech Package, and 19" tires on March 7th. If 20 weeks is accurate, it'll arrive end of July (my guess is September is more likely). Benefit of waiting, though, is the IL tax rebate goes into effect July 1.

I wanted the Premium but missed the order window. I did just find 2 2022 Premiums in black near me, though. Over MSRP but one is $3K over vs the $7-10K I've been seeing...so debating it. Harder sell without the foot activated liftgate given the rest of the tech is basically the same.

Not sure if the universe is telling me to wait till the 23 in the hopes they'll bring it back, but then I risk losing out on the Federal tax credit...plus who wants to wait.

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
How can one tell if they have acoustic glass? On the window sticker?

Not sure if the universe is telling me to wait till the 23 in the hopes they'll bring it back, but then I risk losing out on the Federal tax credit...plus who wants to wait.
With time and determination, you might be able to find a premium a customer backs out on. Took me half a week and calling over 100 dealers but eventually found one. Pure luck getting ahold of a salesman who heard the person who ordered the MME may be backing out. 2 days later they did and it was ours.

Since then I've had a handful of calls from sales people I left my name with, some to place an order but some had people back ou too. May be worth a shot.

OP
OP
ricksta6

ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How can one tell if they have acoustic glass? On the window sticker?

With time and determination, you might be able to find a premium a customer backs out on. Took me half a week and calling over 100 dealers but eventually found one. Pure luck getting ahold of a salesman who heard the person who ordered the MME may be backing out. 2 days later they did and it was ours.

Since then I've had a handful of calls from sales people I left my name with, some to place an order but some had people back ou too. May be worth a shot.

I mean I've found a Premium where they did back out and the dealer is selling it at 3k over MSRP. Better than the overages I've seen, but if I do it I miss out on the IL tax rebate that goes into effect 7/1. If I wait for the Select I ordered then I'll get that. It's just difficult to compare the 2 options cause there's a different compromise in either direction.

Waiting for the Select would be the most economical in all directions but I'd love a Premium. If the Premium had the foot activated liftgate I'd jump on it since it won't be included in the Comfort/Tech package after all but alas, none of them have it it seems.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If the Premium had the foot activated liftgate I'd jump on it since it won't be included in the Comfort/Tech package after all but alas, none of them have it it seems.
If you find a 2021, it would.
Sponsored