Setting charge % limit

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
So I was trying to set a charge limit to 90% but can’t seem to do it.

When I go into FordPass I get this message....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Setting charge % limit 9EBA934E-9087-4B26-912A-423FC35414FD

When I go into the Connectivity Settings in the car, I’ve toggled on everything imaginable, but that’s not fixing the issue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Setting charge % limit 48BDD624-F367-44F1-86A1-0A56EC0F9046

FordPass is connected to the car because I can do things like lock my car etc. with FordPass.

I’ve tried closing and reopening FordPass but that didn’t help.

I can seem to do anything in FordPass re charging scheduling until I can get this connection issue resolved. Ideas?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So after posting this I did figure out how to set the charge limit in-vehicle. You just to Charge Settings and click on the edit button to create a charge schedule. Part of that schedule allows you to set a limit.

But I’d still like to figure out the problem with FordPass.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And of course, right after setting the charging schedule/limit in my car settings, FordPass started working. It’s almost like I had to start setting it up in the car before the app would work.

I observed the same thing with Profiles. Couldn’t create one through FordPass but could create one in the car settings - now I can edit the profile in FordPass.

BATTERIESRIT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
In the FordPass App, on the home screen, at the top, make sure you have the proper vehicle selected. Then, on the bottom, click the “vehicle” icon. Then, just below the battery indication there are three submenus, “Your Vehicle,” “Manage EV,” and “Service & Support.” Slect “Manage EV.” Then from the options that show up “Manage Charging” is the top selection. Once on the “Manage Charging” page, half way down is “Charge Settings.” Then part way down will be “Manual Charge Settings.” It seems counterintuitive but you have to click in to “Preferred Charge Times” to bring up “Saved Locations.” If you have saved your home location then you can click the address to bring up the specifics for your charging location. THIS is where you can set a limit within the app. But as someone above mentioned, make sure then scroll down and hit the “Save” button.
I will say, that the above process failed for me quite a few times (though I may have been missing the “save” step). What did work was saving the home location on the big screen from inside the car and then setting the charging preferences from there.
Really appreciate this. Wonder where one gains this. knowledge in a “book or a manual”.

BATTERIESRIT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
In the FordPass App, on the home screen, at the top, make sure you have the proper vehicle selected. Then, on the bottom, click the “vehicle” icon. Then, just below the battery indication there are three submenus, “Your Vehicle,” “Manage EV,” and “Service & Support.” Slect “Manage EV.” Then from the options that show up “Manage Charging” is the top selection. Once on the “Manage Charging” page, half way down is “Charge Settings.” Then part way down will be “Manual Charge Settings.” It seems counterintuitive but you have to click in to “Preferred Charge Times” to bring up “Saved Locations.” If you have saved your home location then you can click the address to bring up the specifics for your charging location. THIS is where you can set a limit within the app. But as someone above mentioned, make sure then scroll down and hit the “Save” button.
I will say, that the above process failed for me quite a few times (though I may have been missing the “save” step). What did work was saving the home location on the big screen from inside the car and then setting the charging preferences from there.
So my serious question is this...Why can’t one use the big screen to set the charging % to 90% or whatever? This seems to be the most appropriate place as it affects the batttery in the car just s other screen settings affect car operations. This would be an easier place to change it if needed versus going through the phone app above again....Your procedure was easy to do (and a big thank you) but not so easy to remember two months from now versus going to battery charging on the big screen.
Is Dearborn reading this?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So my serious question is this...Why can’t one use the big screen to set the charging % to 90% or whatever?
If you mean the screen in the car, that's how I set mine. 90% limit and it seems to work just fine.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So my serious question is this...Why can’t one use the big screen to set the charging % to 90% or whatever? This seems to be the most appropriate place as it affects the batttery in the car just s other screen settings affect car operations. This would be an easier place to change it if needed versus going through the phone app above again....Your procedure was easy to do (and a big thank you) but not so easy to remember two months from now versus going to battery charging on the big screen.
Is Dearborn reading this?
Configuring the settings in the car is just fine and probably much easier. That is how I did it.
I don't even use FordPass. It has practically zero value to me. The things that I would like for it to do aren't available for some reason so I just leave it turned off.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Ford could learn from VW. Once it's charging, you just drag the slider on the screen in car and set it.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I did this whole setup and for some reason half the time the car ignores the settings and blows past the 90% mark. Really pisses me off because it’s not good for the battery to go to 100%.

JoeMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Eos, downpayment on Mach-E
Occupation
Ortho
Country flag
Same issue as Joetz. The app is set to 90%, the MME is set to 90%, but when checking the details button on the charging band from the home screen on the app, still says charging to 100%

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I did this whole setup and for some reason half the time the car ignores the settings and blows past the 90% mark. Really pisses me off because it’s not good for the battery to go to 100%.
you're not accidentally hitting the "charge to 100%" on the ford pass app by chance?

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
you're not accidentally hitting the "charge to 100%" on the ford pass app by chance?
Nope
I’m also not the only person on the forum this happens to

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
All really helpful but I am now in need of charge and can find nothing responsive to "add a location" for my home charge station. Wifi to my detached garage is marginal. Does the wifi need to see the charger for the "add a location" to work? Neither fordpass not screen in car is letting me add my Chargepoint.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
All really helpful but I am now in need of charge and can find nothing responsive to "add a location" for my home charge station. Wifi to my detached garage is marginal. Does the wifi need to see the charger for the "add a location" to work? Neither fordpass not screen in car is letting me add my Chargepoint.
Have you ever charged at that location?

You need to have charged once for the location to appear; at least in my experience.

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Have you ever charged at that location?

You need to have charged once for the location to appear; at least in my experience.
Ahhh... No! Will run out and try a manual charge. Today will be the steep learning curve. Thanks
Sponsored