Share Thule Roof Rack install photos - followed the instructions, seems further to front of car than expected?

SDMMEGT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Anyone else put PPF on their door frames for the rack feet?
About to take delivery of a Mach E and will be getting Thule to haul a Hobie outback. Was thinking the same thing about the rack feet...anyone have any paint scratching or roof damage where they clamp? Was thinking of putting on an extra layer of ceramic up there, but PPF would be way better.

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
Installed mine yesterday morning. Easy enough.

8FA462D3-9D1B-4BF1-8F26-992292EACF32.jpeg

AC52AEF3-BAE7-408A-9C50-2B78A2027DD5.jpeg

OP
OP
backwardsfish

backwardsfish

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD, Audi TT, Nissan ElGrand
Country flag
Anyone else put PPF on their door frames for the rack feet?
Yes. Have taken them on and off a few times for ski trips - but the last time put some cheap PPF from Amazon under the feet first.
It yellowed a bit after like a week, but feel better it being there.

lyyq

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premier
Country flag
Hi, Mari76

Nice Thule setup, may I ask what size is your cargo box, I am not sure if XL would be too big for MME, is your cargo box XL or L size?

Here’s mine with the Evo wingbars.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Share Thule Roof Rack install photos - followed the instructions, seems further to front of car than expected? 20220422_080948_HDR

Ford Mustang Mach-E Share Thule Roof Rack install photos - followed the instructions, seems further to front of car than expected? 20220422_080948_HDR

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
How is the fit with the doors closed? Are the doors tight or is there a bit of gap. I had something similar on VW and the door had a good sized gap. It was terrible to drive, too much wind noise inside of the car through the doors. I only used it for a little while.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Looking for install pics of THULE EVO ROOF RACKS to compare notes.

Followed the instructions that came with kit but seems visually to be a lot closer to front of vehicle than I thought?

Followed the instructions of front bar 8. 1/4" inch from front windsheild peak (just above the Ford logo) but that front bar seems not level; tilted forwards slightly. Have you all left as-is or have you pushed it back a little further than the instructions say?

(I cheaped out and got the square cross bars for now...) :(

This will kill your gom. Aerodynamics go to hell. Is it really necessary?

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looking for install pics of THULE EVO ROOF RACKS to compare notes.

Followed the instructions that came with kit but seems visually to be a lot closer to front of vehicle than I thought?

Followed the instructions of front bar 8. 1/4" inch from front windsheild peak (just above the Ford logo) but that front bar seems not level; tilted forwards slightly. Have you all left as-is or have you pushed it back a little further than the instructions say?

(I cheaped out and got the square cross bars for now...) :(

I just ordered the
Thule Wingbar Evo 150
Thule Clamp Evo
Kit 145284

at rackwarehouse, looks like the sale is over now, so it is a good 130 more now.

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
Hi, Mari76

Nice Thule setup, may I ask what size is your cargo box, I am not sure if XL would be too big for MME, is your cargo box XL or L size?
Hi. In these pics I have the sport size installed, which is the smallest size. But after using it a couple of times, we realized we should have gone a little bigger.

Good thing we purchased it at REI as their return policy is terrific. We ended up exchanging it for the large size and like having the extra space. I believe the difference between the sport and large size is the width of the box. The sport size is really narrow, like half the size of the large. We’re still able to install it in the garage and drive off without fear of it hitting the garage door.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be, but I’m not an engineer.
The 4 four footprints are different and designed for the location on the car. I suspect it wouldn't matter for an inch or so difference, but trying to move the footprint back 10" the sloop of the roof is different. Each footprint is labeled with a different number so I wouldn't change it, even though I would really like the rear rack to be back by the antenna.