Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Mach-e wasn't delivered when it was claimed and it's not a scam.
The electric F-150 was introduced over a decade ago and it's STILL not here but it's not a scam.

So don't be silly, forward-looking statements are estimates, not iron-clad promises. Even the purchase and sale agreement for FSD reiterates this obvious fact. It should be common sense that no one knows for a fact when a future event will happen.
I don’t believe rational people who paid for that feature with the promise that it would happen shortly don’t feel scammed. All of the owners with leases ending soon got scammed. I see lawsuits or, if Tesla is smart, refunds or lease extensions in their future. Of course it begs the question - how stupid do you have to be to spend that kind of money on what amounted to nothing? I did nothing to increase the re sale value of any Tesla since it could be added at any time over the air. I see a subscription service if it ever comes to pass.
Sponsored

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
mache was delivered when it was said. Might not have been the number you or someone else liked it to be, but it still made the time that was said. Elon's statement was a promise. Ford never promised on a BEV f-150 a decade ago.
No it wasn't, some reservationists are still waiting, much longer than expected. But that doesn't make it a scam.

EV fans should resist the temptation to treat EV's with a competitors badge as the enemy. We're all in this together and we should act like it.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
No it wasn't, some reservationists are still waiting, much longer than expected. But that doesn't make it a scam.

EV fans should resist the temptation to treat EV's with a competitors badge as the enemy. We're all in this together and we should act like it.
The ones that are waiting have reasons. All ford said about the mache was late 2020. Didn't say which person or who. They made that deadline. fact.

don't play the woe is me card. You go thread after thread about tesla this is the mache forum. Wanna talk tesla go to the tesla thread about tesla. Can go back and see all the different post you have made. But you bounce thread to thread with the same old. Then cant we all get along lol. Maybe people here love their mache. Maybe people here are tired of the different tesla fanboys that come and go. Some of us go way back in here and remember. You my friend was not here. So we are not going to put up with the same old tesla blah blah. Stuff gets old dude. This is not middle school.

yes, it is a scam 100%. Unless your calling people uneducated and fools. I mean you wanna buy a pig that I will say will fly in 5 years? Well, it didn't happen but it might in 100 years. 100% scam.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
I don’t believe rational people who paid for that feature with the promise that it would happen shortly don’t feel scammed.

Believe what you want but I don't know anyone that didn't understand FSD had no guarantees, certainly not a guaranteed date. That's a silly thought.

I did nothing to increase the re sale value of any Tesla since it could be added at any time over the air. I see a subscription service if it ever comes to pass.
That's false as shown by detailed sales data. Cars with FSD sell for considerably more. I don't know what the story with leases is, beyond the fact that leases are a tiny part of Tesla sales, and I'm not aware of anyone paying extra for FSD on a lease. If they did, they probably wanted the extra functionality of Navigate on Autopilot and Advance Summon. It's a tiny part of Tesla's business anyway you look at it and I'm sure the remaining value of FSD would show up in the residual values anyway. I've seen people blow more money and get less for it compared to the benefits that come with FSD.

Why are you so worried about the competition's customers?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t believe rational people who paid for that feature with the promise that it would happen shortly don’t feel scammed. All of the owners with leases ending soon got scammed. I see lawsuits or, if Tesla is smart, refunds or lease extensions in their future. Of course it begs the question - how stupid do you have to be to spend that kind of money on what amounted to nothing? I did nothing to increase the re sale value of any Tesla since it could be added at any time over the air. I see a subscription service if it ever comes to pass.
Oh, they are talking it up now being a scam. Many tesla owners are coming to the point where leases are up or they are selling the tesla they have. Never got to use the item promised because it never was delivered. That is 100% a scam.

How many times do people pay someone to do work maybe around the house. Don't pay them upfront. Wait until the job is done. If Telsa didn't need the money from it then why even offer it until it was ready. Yes, tesla needed the profit from a magical what-if item. It's bad business any way you slice it.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
The ones that are waiting have reasons. All ford said about the mache was late 2020. Didn't say which person or who. They made that deadline. fact.
That's why I said the Mach-e isn't a scam. My first Model 3 was 6 months late but I didn't call it a scam. Both Ford and Tesla work their butts off to do the best they can to stay on their targeted deadlines. It doesn't mean they are always on time.

don't play the woe is me card. You go thread after thread about tesla this is the mache forum. Wanna talk tesla go to the tesla thread about tesla. Can go back and see all the different post you have made. But you bounce thread to thread with the same old. Then cant we all get along lol. Maybe people here love their mache. Maybe people here are tired of the different tesla fanboys that come and go. Some of us go way back in here and remember. You my friend was not here. So we are not going to put up with the same old tesla blah blah. Stuff gets old dude. This is not middle school.
I'm not playing the "woe is me" card and it's not clear why you think that.

I do think as EV owners we have a calling to rise above the typical fray of FUD and lies and I do my best to uphold my part. I think we should all try to do that. That's all I'm saying. Calling the competitor a "fraud" doesn't pass that sniff test. Frauds don't have the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the business so it's time to retire that allegation. It's been disproven long ago and the market recognizes it now for what it was - an attempt to bring Tesla down. It didn't work and we should all be glad of that.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's why I said the Mach-e isn't a scam. My first Model 3 was 6 months late but I didn't call it a scam. Both Ford and Tesla work their butts off to do the best they can to stay on their targeted deadlines. It doesn't mean they are always on time.

I'm not playing the "woe is me" card and it's not clear why you think that.

I do think as EV owners we have a calling to rise above the typical fray of FUD and lies and I do my best to uphold my part. I think we should all try to do that. That's all I'm saying. Calling the competitor a "fraud" doesn't pass that sniff test. Frauds don't have the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the business so it's time to retire that allegation. It's been disproven long ago and the market recognizes it now for what it was - an attempt to bring Tesla down. It didn't work and we should all be glad of that.
no one is made at tesla for making BEV. We all here give them credit and elon for what he has done. But a scam is a scam. So let's say it finally comes out in 5 years. Most people will not have that car anymore. Around 80%. Something promised within the life typical life span of the car and it does not happen is a scam. He even said the screens on the model x and s supposed to only last 5 years. The backlash on that quickly changed to well we better fix it.

I have 3 people in my family with tesla. My sister's original tesla she paid 7,000 for it. the tesla is gone traded in 6 years old. Lost waste of money and from her own mouth. Boy that was a scam.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
So let's say it finally comes out in 5 years. Most people will not have that car anymore. Around 80%. Something promised within the life typical life span of the car and it does not happen is a scam.
It's well understood that one of the risks of buying an incomplete feature is that it will take much longer than anyone thinks. All FSD buyers that I know fully understand that so I don't understand why you insist it's a scam.

I have 3 people in my family with tesla. My sister's original tesla she paid 7,000 for it. the tesla is gone traded in 6 years old. Lost waste of money and from her own mouth. Boy that was a scam.
I don't know how she got such a good deal on it, Tesla's have the highest resale value in the industry (so far). Most used buyers have to pay very close to new prices. Let's hope the Mach-e follows in those footsteps (as opossed to the footsteps of the Leaf or Bolt or e-Tron). Higher resale values are good for continued adoption of EV's.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's well understood that one of the risks of buying an incomplete feature is that it will take much longer than anyone thinks. All FSD buyers that I know fully understand that so I don't understand why you insist it's a scam.

I don't know how she got such a good deal on it, Tesla's have the highest resale value in the industry (so far). Most used buyers have to pay very close to new prices. Let's hope the Mach-e follows in those footsteps (as opossed to the footsteps of the Leaf or Bolt or e-Tron). Higher resale values are good for continued adoption of EV's.
7,000 self-driving, it was brand new she paid a lot more for the tesla lol. Again a delay is a delay but he has changed his tune so many times about it and keeps saying this year or this year. Sooner or later it's not gonna happen. That makes it a scam. It just is. In history, there are tons of lawsuits about matters just like this. Where companies promise things and never deliver. Almost like a Ponzi scheme.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Believe what you want but I don't know anyone that didn't understand FSD had no guarantees, certainly not a guaranteed date. That's a silly thought.

That's false as shown by detailed sales data. Cars with FSD sell for considerably more. I don't know what the story with leases is, beyond the fact that leases are a tiny part of Tesla sales, and I'm not aware of anyone paying extra for FSD on a lease. If they did, they probably wanted the extra functionality of Navigate on Autopilot and Advance Summon. It's a tiny part of Tesla's business anyway you look at it and I'm sure the remaining value of FSD would show up in the residual values anyway. I've seen people blow more money and get less for it compared to the benefits that come with FSD.

Why are you so worried about the competition's customers?
False - similar sku'ed used Teslas on KBB are the same resale with or without the option. Leases are not a tiny part. Around 20% of Teslas are leased. The general number is 30% for all cars, but that includes leasing to businesses. Very few Teslas are leased to businesses.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Elon has been spreading his BS for far too long. Look on Reddit and other Tesla groups and there are more and more people that are upset that they aren't getting what they paid for.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon has been spreading his BS for far too long. Look on Reddit and other Tesla groups and there are more and more people that are upset that they aren't getting what they paid for.

Even living here in California I can feel the backlash from Tesla drivers. They get real defensive when you bring up self-driving. I only have 4 people I know, but all are very aware of the Tesla ms steps. Overall they like their cars, just not the negative publicity. Only one purchased the FSD option 2 years ago. Just for fun I pointed out had they put the $10k in Tesla stock they would have $143 thousand . We all just laughed.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
False - similar sku'ed used Teslas on KBB are the same resale with or without the option. Leases are not a tiny part. Around 20% of Teslas are leased. The general number is 30% for all cars, but that includes leasing to businesses. Very few Teslas are leased to businesses.
I just tried pricing a Model 3 on KBB with and without FSD. The prices were different by a couple of thousand dollars only removing FSD. Keep in mind, KBB isn't always accurate for used Tesla pricing data because they use Model year to define the available options while Tesla will typically make model changes mid-year. KBB fails to account for this. That makes some of the options menus non-sensical (for example, sometimes advanced auto-pilot must also be removed from the options when removing FSD because it was no longer sold like that). KBB doesn't properly account for each sale in their databse. But even the most basic, simple test shows that a car with FSD is worth more than a car without FSD. So your first claim is false.

In the most recent quarter that Tesla has reported. the sales subject to lease accounting were 6% for the Models S/X and 7% for Models 3/Y. So your second claim is also false.

Tesla Q1 2021 Vehicle Production & Deliveries | Tesla Investor Relations

It's difficult for me to reconcile the difference between what you post here as fact vs. actual verifiable fact. Nobody likes misleading and inaccurate information so cut it out.

Last edited:

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag

There is no shortage of youTube videos slamming Tesla. That is very different from a fraud. If anything, the fraud is perpetrated by all the misleading anti-Tesla hit pieces.

Answer me this: If Tesla is such a fraud, then how is it that they have the highest customer satisfaction rating in the car business? If that video was typical of what FSD purchasers think, there is no way they would have such high ratings.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Why would we expect dealer stock when reservations/orders are still being built?

Imagine the uproar if it was easy to buy off the lot while reservation holders are still waiting. We already see some of this frustration based on people picking up cancelled orders.
I did not pre-order. I was at my local dealership for routine maintenance on my previous car, and they had a frat standard, a white AWD std battery first edition, and my grabber blue AWD ext First edition all on the lot due to people backing out of deals. The day after I picked my car up, a rapid red AWD ext battery first edition showed up. Had I known, I’d have waited a day for the red, as I think it looks better. That red car is still sitting there right now. ?‍♂
Sponsored