Side view mirror crack - repair question

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I managed to just clip my passenger side mirror backing out of my garage today. The unit bent back as designed and I was able to flip it back. Everything is functional but the housing isn’t as well approximated so there is a small gap, and there is a small crack in the clear plastic strip light. I think I can avoid an expensive repair but I’m concerned about weather tightness and water infiltration. I’d like to apply some sort of clear sealant and wondering what would work best. Would a clear silicone bathroom/kitchen caulk work or are there clear caulks that would hold better in the elements? My car is garaged at home and work so the concern would be just driving in bad weather and washing the car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Side view mirror crack - repair question DBE4FF03-BDAC-427F-9111-AD1643BC5285
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I had a cracked indicator lens on my driver side. Part was not real expensive, can't remember exactly what it was....maybe $50 more or less. It would collect water but the light still worked.

Body shop installed for me when I had the windshield/roof recall completed. They didn't charge me since they took longer than expected to get the recall done.

I'd get it fixed properly, I'm a bit OCD about that sort of thing.....but you do what you think is right for you.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I had a cracked indicator lens on my driver side. Part was not real expensive, can't remember exactly what it was....maybe $50 more or less. It would collect water but the light still worked.

Body shop installed for me when I had the windshield/roof recall completed. They didn't charge me since they took longer than expected to get the recall done.

I'd get it fixed properly, I'm a bit OCD about that sort of thing.....but you do what you think is right for you.
So that small part can just be replaced? Good to know. I assume better to work with a good body shop than the dealer?

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
So that small part can just be replaced? Good to know. I assume better to work with a good body shop than the dealer?
Yes, the turn indicator......that clear plastic bar with the LEDs in it, can def be replaced.
Sponsored