SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
I just took their offer of $5 a month to extend my three month free trial from Ford an additional three months. Also, I just got a network media player for my stereo system which lets me play Sirius on my stereo. I had not checked in on stereo tech in a while and was pleased to find out this is a thing. I can also play Tidal, Spotify, digital downloads and internet radio stations directly from my home network and Chromecast from other devices.
Sponsored

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Careful, you may be signing up for a 2 year contract, the first year only costing $60.00 but the second year cost close to $18.00/mo. (over $200 for the second year). Just be aware
There is no contract. You can cancel at any time.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
There is no contract. You can cancel at any time.
I'd say they are actually a lot better than most companies at this. You can't cancel online (that I can find) but other than that they are a lot more cooperative... and they will throw stuff at you to keep you if you talk about cost being the reason for leaving. (They won't do that for NavTraffic etc. but as I've said elsewhere on here if you push them a lot of the agents will admit that stuff is stupidly priced - if I had to guess, I'd say they expect it to be more of a commercial vehicle play than a personal vehicle play.)

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd say they are actually a lot better than most companies at this.
Yeah, they are. Even if you pay for a year upfront (which is required for some of their promos), you can cancel at any time without penalty. They give you a prorated refund for all the time you have left. I just did that with my previous car.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm on with chat now and they are annoying. I asked about the $5/mo for All Access and they said it was only for certain radios. They are saying that even the $5/mo for Select with an Echo Dot is the same. I would have to have an email with that offer.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm on with chat now and they are annoying. I asked about the $5/mo for All Access and they said it was only for certain radios. They are saying that even the $5/mo for Select with an Echo Dot is the same. I would have to have an email with that offer.
Show them the screenshot from the first post of this thread. If you still don't get anywhere, it might be less annoying to call.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Don't chat. Call.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Show them the screenshot from the first post of this thread. If you still don't get anywhere, it might be less annoying to call.
I just sent them that. :) He countered with the $5 Select with Echo and still insisting the All Access is for specific radios. But, what do you know, he checked again and my radio is eligible. Signed up and set a reminder to call them in a a year to haggle for a new deal.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
I know a lot of people don't understand why anyone would pay for SiriusXM, but I'm a long time listener of Howard Stern, so it's worth it to me. But I've never paid full price because you can always call SXM to get a better promo price at renewal time.

The current promo is $4.99/mo for the full All Access plan for a year, which is as cheap as I've ever seen it. The MME comes with a 3 month trial, so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to sign up for the promo pricing without affecting that. There's a good chance the promo will be back in 3 months, but they're currently saying that it will end 3/31, so who knows. I'm happy to report that you can absolutely sign up for the promo while under the 3 month trial, and it just adds the 12 month promo to the end of the trial period. I did it all online without having to talk to anyone. It will charge me for my first month in June ($6.48 after tax a music royalty fee) and continue monthly for a year.

Just go to siriusxm.com, click on this promo at the top, and enter your MME's radio ID or VIN to sign up. Super simple.

1616844501180.png
I used to love my XM, get my news and political channels. However 15 years later I couldn't justify the expense. Podcasts are so much nicer, may not be live but close to it, and I can put it in 1.5x speed to get through episodes much faster!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I tried to "upgrade" via the website. I tried using my VIN, and it said it couldn't look it up. So I got the Radio ID as listed in the SYNC screen. It said there was already an account to call them to change my plan. I hate calling, so I started an online chat. She said if I wanted the deal with the Echo Dot, I'd have to do it myself. She helped me create an account tied to my radio ID so I could get the special.

But when I logged into that it account and looked at my radio ID this is what it shows:
531ac446-4821-4389-99b4-b4994307f361.png

I've been using SiriusXm to test out and see if I wanted to subscribe. It seems like I have all the channels and I don't get any warnings or messages that it is a trial or anything. Looking at the info they have, I may be good to go until Nov. 2022. When I try to get the promo, it says I have to cancel my demo plan plus the Traffic and Travel stuff.

Am I missing something? Should I just leave it alone and keep using the demo?
Looks like SXM never got the notice from Ford to convert your VIN from demo, which is what its in while on the lot, to the 3 month trial. I'd just not call them back and let it go until someone notices. haha

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For anyone that cares, this promo is back again. They've renamed the "All Access" plan to "Platinum", but it's the same thing. I've been waiting for it to come back so I could add it to my wife's new RAV4 Prime. Looks like the promo expires 9/28.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SiriusXM $5/mo Promo 1631111451787
Sponsored