Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
I really hate that y'all have had bad experiences, I really encourage you to reach out to Ford and let them know why you're going elsewhere. I called the customer service number and emailed the execs (their emails are in my post bragging about Ford) and was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them.

I'm no insider, I don't have any previous connection to Ford. But the only way for them to know the system is broken is to actually hear from real people. If you look at my post history, I was very critical of the vehicle tracking process and found it ridiculous that I could track a pizza delivery much simpler than my $60k car.

It shouldn't be this difficult to get transparency from Ford, but if enough people tell them they've taken their business elsewhere because of it they'll have to make changes. I really hope you all enjoy your new purchases as much as I'm enjoying my MME, and will reach out to Ford for the good of everyone else still waiting on this board.
I actually took you up on that idea last night. I emailed the chief customer service experience officer to relay my experience. I let her know I had an actual timeline and that I truly wasn’t looking for anything. I just wanted to relay my experience. I also don’t want to extend my lease if I don’t have to because I want to get my BEV in to start getting the sample size necessary to get solar installed hopefully his summer (need to know how my monthly kWh will change with charging as xcel only allows solar arrays that generate 120% of energy consumption). I still hold out hope that Ford can pull it out as the MME is my top choice but I just can’t and honestly don’t want to wait anymore. It’s just soured my experience. I have great sympathy when the issue is out of their control. But when it’s in your control and you repeatedly fail, I have none.
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I reserved my First Edition on launch day, November 18th 2019. After some production delays, it was built on December 5, 2020. Since then it has been in transit, recalled, in transit again, missing in transit, held without explanation, and now possibly recalled again, as expected delivery dates have come and gone. During this period I have heard next to nothing from Ford Corporate, and next to nothing from my dealer (who I have felt pretty bitter towards, but they have probably been equally in the dark).

Earlier this week, while my car sat in an unspecified hold 30 miles away as the most recent delivery window disappeared in the rearview mirror and a major road trip loomed ahead, my fiancée and I scheduled an e-tron test drive. We had a frank discussion about the differences and features that might make up for the $15,000 price gap, and determined that our purchase was still Ford's to lose.

Today we drove the e-tron (premium plus trim), and were impressed by the quality, features, and comfort. The dealer was able to offer us fantastic pre-tax incentives for a car that was on the lot and available to drive home on the spot. (One of seven premium plus trims on the lot, with more of other variants.)

Tomorrow, I will be driving home my new 2021 e-tron premium plus for a lower out-of-pocket cost than the MME GT. The only reason I'm waiting that long is because this was a fact-finding mission and I didn't bring a checkbook.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is looking for a Grabber Blue First Edition, Towne Ford in Redwood City should have one available soon... or if the unexplained week-and-counting delay is any indication, it may be part of the latest recall. If anyone is looking for a fantastic, straightforward, and surprisingly cost-competitive experience exploring the Audi e-tron, definitely talk to Drew Michaels at Audi Palo Alto.

As I said, our purchase was Ford's to lose, and given the ongoing delays, recalls, and general opacity, they lost it. I hope everyone who is sticking with this has a better experience than we did.
Congrats on your car hope it works out for you.

But how did you get the price of the Etron lower than the 61,000 mache GT?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My only thing is ford is just launching the mache. Yes, the E-Tron. I-pace and other BEVs are out now. But if it was the other way around are we dogging the other companies because I promise you the launch of those BEV didn't go as planned and got delayed also.

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I really hate that y'all have had bad experiences, I really encourage you to reach out to Ford and let them know why you're going elsewhere. I called the customer service number and emailed the execs (their emails are in my post bragging about Ford) and was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them.

I'm no insider, I don't have any previous connection to Ford. But the only way for them to know the system is broken is to actually hear from real people. If you look at my post history, I was very critical of the vehicle tracking process and found it ridiculous that I could track a pizza delivery much simpler than my $60k car.

It shouldn't be this difficult to get transparency from Ford, but if enough people tell them they've taken their business elsewhere because of it they'll have to make changes. I really hope you all enjoy your new purchases as much as I'm enjoying my MME, and will reach out to Ford for the good of everyone else still waiting on this board.
What means did you use to contact ford? Twitter, FB .... or email ? Is there an email somewhere to the division that is responsible for customer care ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My wait hasn’t been quite as long as yours, but I feel the exact same way.

Today I put a deposit down on a Polestar 2. Within 2 hours of paying my deposit I had and email from my sales rep at polestar with contact information and I had a 20 minute phone call with her and every one of my questions was answered. The process was made clear. It was clean and simple.

After finding out that my MME is still in Mexico, it’s likely I’m moving on as my MME will never make it to Denver in the remaining 20 days in my current window. I’ve been very grateful for everyone in this forums help. I’m just sorry I probably won’t be owning an MME. I just can’t stand the way Ford has handled itself communication wise. Issues are to be expected, but this poor of communication is inexcusable.
Good for hanging on as long as you have. Enjoy your polestar and come back to the Forum and share!

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I reserved my First Edition on launch day, November 18th 2019. After some production delays, it was built on December 5, 2020. Since then it has been in transit, recalled, in transit again, missing in transit, held without explanation, and now possibly recalled again, as expected delivery dates have come and gone. During this period I have heard next to nothing from Ford Corporate, and next to nothing from my dealer (who I have felt pretty bitter towards, but they have probably been equally in the dark).

Earlier this week, while my car sat in an unspecified hold 30 miles away as the most recent delivery window disappeared in the rearview mirror and a major road trip loomed ahead, my fiancée and I scheduled an e-tron test drive. We had a frank discussion about the differences and features that might make up for the $15,000 price gap, and determined that our purchase was still Ford's to lose.

Today we drove the e-tron (premium plus trim), and were impressed by the quality, features, and comfort. The dealer was able to offer us fantastic pre-tax incentives for a car that was on the lot and available to drive home on the spot. (One of seven premium plus trims on the lot, with more of other variants.)

Tomorrow, I will be driving home my new 2021 e-tron premium plus for a lower out-of-pocket cost than the MME GT. The only reason I'm waiting that long is because this was a fact-finding mission and I didn't bring a checkbook.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is looking for a Grabber Blue First Edition, Towne Ford in Redwood City should have one available soon... or if the unexplained week-and-counting delay is any indication, it may be part of the latest recall. If anyone is looking for a fantastic, straightforward, and surprisingly cost-competitive experience exploring the Audi e-tron, definitely talk to Drew Michaels at Audi Palo Alto.

As I said, our purchase was Ford's to lose, and given the ongoing delays, recalls, and general opacity, they lost it. I hope everyone who is sticking with this has a better experience than we did.
99% of the people will have a better experience. But that doesn't matter. Not one bit. You didn't have a good experience.

Ford needs to change that. Will they change that? Emphatic yes. Is that just some jokers opinion? Maybe. But consider this... in 2021, the executive bonuses will largely depend on making customers like you happy. Not making some customer satisfaction metric better, making customers like your happy with your vehicle purchase and ownership process. Will it be perfect in 2021? Hell no. But it will be better. Much better.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
My only thing is ford is just launching the mache. Yes, the E-Tron. I-pace and other BEVs are out now. But if it was the other way around are we dogging the other companies because I promise you the launch of those BEV didn't go as planned and got delayed also.
A lot of the frustration certainly comes down to communication (or lack thereof.) As early adopters, we have been heavily engaged in following every development and are eagerly anticipating delivery of our vehicles. My frustration is in the lack of communication. I received the recent delay email from "machesupport" but there have been no updates in delivery, so we don't know if they are talking about a delay that has already happened, or will happen. My requests to the dealer for VV have been repeatedly brushed off with information that I can get on my own through this forum or through the shop.ford.com site. It is difficult not to let the frustration build after 16 months of waiting and having these recent developments occur and get only general information. In our case I so want this to work out, but after a time patience wears thin.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A lot of the frustration certainly comes down to communication (or lack thereof.) As early adopters, we have been heavily engaged in following every development and are eagerly anticipating delivery of our vehicles. My frustration is in the lack of communication. I received the recent delay email from "machesupport" but there have been no updates in delivery, so we don't know if they are talking about a delay that has already happened, or will happen. My requests to the dealer for VV have been repeatedly brushed off with information that I can get on my own through this forum or through the shop.ford.com site. It is difficult not to let the frustration build after 16 months of waiting and having these recent developments occur and get only general information. In our case I so want this to work out, but after a time patience wears thin.
Understand and as Rontcat said. Things are getting worked out. Some dealers and ways will change or they might not last. that goes for any Auto manufacturer.

But also when there are 7 to 10 E-tron on a lot or the same number I-pace. While the mache doesn't last even 3 days. Kinda tells you in general people are seeing where the value is. Just hope ford steps up the communication department.

I would love a job like that!!! ;)

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Understand and as Rontcat said. Things are getting worked out. Some dealers and ways will change or they might not last. that goes for any Auto manufacturer.

But also when there are 7 to 10 E-tron on a lot or the same number I-pace. While the mache doesn't last even 3 days. Kinda tells you in general people are seeing where the value is. Just hope ford steps up the communication department.

I would love a job like that!!! ;)
With all due respect you’re not comparing apples to apples. The e-trim has been out for three years and the MME has been out for 3 months. When the MME hits the three year mark and their are none on the lots then you’d be exactly right. Secondly those two vehicle are in different price ranges which has an economic effect on demand. So it’s not really a fair comparison in the slightest.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With all due respect you’re not comparing apples to apples. The e-trim has been out for three years and the MME has been out for 3 months. When the MME hits the three year mark and their are none on the lots then you’d be exactly right. Secondly those two vehicle are in different price ranges which has an economic effect on demand. So it’s not really a fair comparison in the slightest.
Deliveries to American customers started in early 2019. There weren't 2,000 Etrons in North America until June of 2019. So really it hasn't been 2 years yet.

And that makes my point the prices are not the same. So when someone buys it and says it does this and that, you can't compare it to the mache when the price is so much more. The card can be played both ways. At the end of the day though Most people buy at the value point.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Deliveries to American customers started in early 2019. There weren't 2,000 Etrons in North America until June of 2019. So really it hasn't been 2 years yet.

And that makes my point the prices are not the same. So when someone buys it and says it does this and that, you can't compare it to the mache when the price is so much more. The card can be played both ways. At the end of the day though Most people buy at the value point.
This is an excellent point - the prices aren't the same, though in our case if we were to go with an eTron, we'd end up leasing. We didn't fall in love with the car but there are some definite nice things about it (forgot to mention the awesome charging curve.) Regardless, we are committed that our next car will be an EV. We are hoping to finally get to drive a dealer demo unit today (AWD ER) and this will be the clincher that keeps us "on the hook." I may also have a frank discussion with the dealer about communication - no threats, just facts.

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
What a sad story for Ford - a true enthusiast, day 1 FE reservation, lost in limbo for 3 months plus, and not only a lost sale but likely a lost advocate for the car and company.

With that said, the MME represents so many firsts for Ford that the excruciatingly slow and hiccup-filled rollout is actually somewhat understandable. From the online ordering to the underlying battery and electric motor tech to a mass-market product with massive early demand. That’s a lot of eyeballs scrutinizing every millimeter for flaws.

What is hard to grasp is the ham-handed communications strategy. Little to no updates from corporate, and mealy-mouthed emails speaking vaguely of delivery delays due to quality issues when they do say anything.

The Model Y, Polestar 2, and E-Tron are all appealing competitors. I’ve driven the Tesla and Audi and despite my love of the MME, it wasn’t easy to pick a car that “might” arrive in a few months over a beautiful, powerful, real actual car I could drive home right now. Luckily the pandemic has allowed my family to be a one-car household for a few months while we wait out our MME’s mysterious teething, production and delivery delays.

Your decision makes total sense and I imagine anyone else in your shoes would’ve been hard-pressed to do any different. I think the E-Tron is a gorgeous vehicle with great tech and a mouth watering cabin. You’re going to enjoy it.

And one day, hopefully, I’ll get my space while MME.

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag

The incentives on the E-Tron leases make them cheaper than the MME. So in some ways prices are the same.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
What a sad story for Ford - a true enthusiast, day 1 FE reservation, lost in limbo for 3 months plus, and not only a lost sale but likely a lost advocate for the car and company.

With that said, the MME represents so many firsts for Ford that the excruciatingly slow and hiccup-filled rollout is actually somewhat understandable. From the online ordering to the underlying battery and electric motor tech to a mass-market product with massive early demand. That’s a lot of eyeballs scrutinizing every millimeter for flaws.

What is hard to grasp is the ham-handed communications strategy. Little to no updates from corporate, and mealy-mouthed emails speaking vaguely of delivery delays due to quality issues when they do say anything.

The Model Y, Polestar 2, and E-Tron are all appealing competitors. I’ve driven the Tesla and Audi and despite my love of the MME, it wasn’t easy to pick a car that “might” arrive in a few months over a beautiful, powerful, real actual car I could drive home right now. Luckily the pandemic has allowed my family to be a one-car household for a few months while we wait out our MME’s mysterious teething, production and delivery delays.

Your decision makes total sense and I imagine anyone else in your shoes would’ve been hard-pressed to do any different. I think the E-Tron is a gorgeous vehicle with great tech and a mouth watering cabin. You’re going to enjoy it.

And one day, hopefully, I’ll get my space while MME.
I echo much of that.

There could be a marketing case study done about how Mach-E's communications are straight out of the "what not to do" school of customer relationship management.

Sure, they're learning, this is their first pre-order vehicle, etc. etc.

But go head over to Bronco6G and you'll see a lot of frustration about their lack of communication as well. Doesn't seem like they learned any lessons from Mach-E.

Ford could have been so transparent with us, avoided owner frustration, but they chose very much to keep their cards close and not tell us anything at all unless they absolutely had to. I'm not happy about that at all.

For those of us that stuck it out, we did get a gorgeous, solidly built vehicle. But I can't blame anyone for walking away given how terribly managed the process has been so far from a customer communication standpoint.
Sponsored