• MSRP
    $74,800
  • Optional equipment
    $0
  • Destination Charge
    $ 1,095
  • Price as built
    $75,895
that is black paint and no other add ons. Sorry but that is 16,000 more than the mache gt. I don't see it being sold for a 16,000 loss. Also 20,000 more than the prem mache.
I stand corrected, net selling price was actually slightly higher than the MME GT at $61,524. However this is for an e-tron premium plus trim in galaxy blue with some added features, at an MSRP about $2k over what you showed for the plain black. If you're willing to give up the B&O sound system and the ventilated seats, you can get the base e-tron premium with the comfort package and have all the other premium plus features for a few thousand less. (We weren't as drawn to the available ones, but you can configure them however you want if you're willing to wait 6 months.)

Ignoring the easily removable upsell on the paint protection, they gave me over $15,300 in pre-tax incentives, and I'll still get the full $7500 federal credit on next year's filing. Some of that discount was for being able to pay cash on the spot, but I was only able to do that because I had been saving to do the same for the MME due to the lack of appealing financing. The state and federal fees ($910) were about $50 higher than what my research led me to expect for the Mustang FE.

Audi is running some pretty crazy deals right now, and we honestly weren't expecting to find a car like this at this price. In my personal opinion, the features like an extra 2" of ground clearance (on adjustable air suspension), the ventilated seats, and the peace of mind from a test drive and the e-tron being a 3 year old product line all made a big difference. I think the shorter range is balanced by the faster charge rate, and my $0.02 is that ten years from now I'll be more interested in the rate of charge than the range anxiety with a more mature charging network.

I'm not trying to make this a personal thing, but this is exactly what @kikibop meant about Ford losing their evangelists. I've wanted the MME so badly since the day it was announced, and after a literal year of being trickle-fed information, I opened myself to the possibility of something else and found a customer experience that got me smoothly from test drive to sale in under 24 hours, for less than I expected. Now I'm singing their praises on the mach e forum. Some people will want a Mustang no matter what, and that's fine. I was looking for a solid AWD electric car and I found one, just not the one I had expected.

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
theblueone

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
Performance wise, the Premium AWD SR is closest with the e-tron. It is 5.2 0-60 for the MME AWD SR vs 5.3 on a 2019 e-tron C&D tested. 211 miles of range for the AWD SR vs 222 for the 2021 e-tron.

Premium AWD SR MME is about $51,000 vs $76,000 for the Premium Plus e-tron, that is a very large difference of $25,000, or about 149% of the cost of the most similar Mach-E.

To be fair, the difference drops to $16,000 when comparing the $51,000 Premium AWD SR MME to the base $67,000 e-tron (also called a Premium), I think this is the closest, reasonable comparison.

But still, the comparison isn’t so reasonable because the e-tron is in a different, more lux category. Especially the Premium Plus that OP bought, he legitimately is getting much more car but is also paying a ‘premium plus’ price for that privilege compared to the most similar Mach-E - true with any luxury product, aren’t getting it for the value proposition.

Mach-E GT should be compared to e-tron S when it comes out, which my guess is will probably start in the mid-80Ks and have Premium Plus as the lowest trim. That would mean a price difference of $20-$25K compared to the MME GT.
I won't subject everyone to the whole package again, but I ended up $15,300 below MSRP on the e-tron. To me, the additional features (and yes, luxury perks) were worth the price hike that I actually had to pay to take it home.

It's all subjective, your mileage may vary. If it does end up being a dud, I'll let you all know.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm not sure about your numbers.

Looks like they sold nearly 50,000 in 2020, nearly 10x as many as you thought were sold.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/465756/2020-audi-etron-electric-car-sales/amp/
"Audi announced that during 2020, the global sales of e-tron and e-tron Sportback increased by 79.5% year-over-year to 47,324."

Keyword is "global", in the very first sentence of that article. It is a fine car, but the salesperson boasting that the dealer moves 60 units a month is part of the usual sales tactics pressuring prospective buyers into making a decision right away. It's a mass produced product, there will be one available next week and next month, the VIN might change next month but will more than likely be the same next week.

bluestang35

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E,Jaguar Ipace, Ram 1500
Country flag
I won't subject everyone to the whole package again, but I ended up $15,300 below MSRP on the e-tron. To me, the additional features (and yes, luxury perks) were worth the price hike that I actually had to pay to take it home.

It's all subjective, your mileage may vary. If it does end up being a dud, I'll let you all know.
Did you ever consider a 2020 Jaguar I Pace , there were some good buys out there for fully loaded models for 60K -65k. I got impatience in January with my Ford order and ended up getting one.
When my Ford dealer called that my Mach e was in we went down to test drive anyway and ended up buying it also. So now my wife has the Jag to drive

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was almost there but Ford came through for me. Sorry the delays forced you out. Enjoy your car EV brother!
I'm glad to read that Ford came out for you. ?

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Your 2021 e-tron®
Premium Plus quattro® Automatic Transmission

e-thumbnail-exterior.jpg

• MSRP
    $74,800
  • Optional equipment
    $0
  • Destination Charge
    $ 1,095
  • Price as built
    $75,895
that is black paint and no other add ons. Sorry but that is 16,000 more than the mache gt. I don't see it being sold for a 16,000 loss. Also 20,000 more than the prem mache.
@trutolife27 I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say how appreciative we are that you are a regular contributor on this forum. You've personally added significant amount of hype and information that it wouldn't be the same without you. So thank you. I know how frustrated you must be to see threads like this. Personally I'm sticking it out for another month or so based on price and stubbornness, but I'm interested in your opinion here on what our expectations should be from ford corporate and the dealer. In my instance, I ordered early in 2020 and the gm called me to confirm everything in July. That's the last I have heard from the dealer. My estimated delivery date came and went yesterday and part of me was hoping for A) the car, B) an email from corporate saying they need to revise my timeline and give me something more specific than "here's some free charging that you may or may not need", or C) a call from the dealer (which would be the first time they've reached out to me besides the order confirm) to tell me the car will not be delivered during my window and they have researched or are in the process of researching when I can expect my car.

I ask, because internally I know I have to call the dealer at some point and I don't want to be the guy that barks the loudest. That's just not me. I save my bullets and scare the sh*t out of people when I finally explode (figure if speech). So let's say my car isn't here by next weekend, who should I be most disappointed in? Ford corporate or the dealer? Your message about 47 days gave me some hope. I'm still within two weeks of that timeline and I'll keep waiting. But Ford corporate and the dealer don't know I'm reading this forum.
Without any communication from them, I don't know if I'm going to have a car in March, April or ever. I think that's what most reading this thread are upset about. Delays and bad news are expected, but it's how you adapt and communicate that leave your customers satisfied or upset. Even at this point, I'll probably be a MME evangelist, but it's going to have an asterisk that this experience isn't for everyone.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
@trutolife27 I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say how appreciative we are that you are a regular contributor on this forum. You've personally added significant amount of hype and information that it wouldn't be the same without you. So thank you. I know how frustrated you must be to see threads like this. Personally I'm sticking it out for another month or so based on price and stubbornness, but I'm interested in your opinion here on what our expectations should be from ford corporate and the dealer. In my instance, I ordered early in 2020 and the gm called me to confirm everything in July. That's the last I have heard from the dealer. My estimated delivery date came and went yesterday and part of me was hoping for A) the car, B) an email from corporate saying they need to revise my timeline and give me something more specific than "here's some free charging that you may or may not need", or C) a call from the dealer (which would be the first time they've reached out to me besides the order confirm) to tell me the car will not be delivered during my window and they have researched or are in the process of researching when I can expect my car.

I ask, because internally I know I have to call the dealer at some point and I don't want to be the guy that barks the loudest. That's just not me. I save my bullets and scare the sh*t out of people when I finally explode (figure if speech). So let's say my car isn't here by next weekend, who should I be most disappointed in? Ford corporate or the dealer? Your message about 47 days gave me some hope. I'm still within two weeks of that timeline and I'll keep waiting. But Ford corporate and the dealer don't know I'm reading this forum.
Without any communication from them, I don't know if I'm going to have a car in March, April or ever. I think that's what most reading this thread are upset about. Delays and bad news are expected, but it's how you adapt and communicate that leave your customers satisfied or upset. Even at this point, I'll probably be a MME evangelist, but it's going to have an asterisk that this experience isn't for everyone.
That’s the part that’s bothered me so much. I know Ford can’t control third-party parts suppliers or global part shortages and certainly not a worldwide pandemic.

but they can control their own communication. And somehow they failed miserably at that. I still haven’t received an update notifying me that my delivery window has been changed again and is N/A. If I hadn’t checked myself, I’d still be moving forward like there was still a chance it might arrive before my lease ends. I don’t even have a window now. I don’t even have a ridiculous long estimate like the early delays got. I’ve got nothing. And all I would’ve needed was communication from Ford telling me when I can reasonably expect something. I would prefer to know in at least a general sense why (part failure and replacement for example) but Ford has been basically silent and non communicative on that stuff the whole time.

I don’t reward bad behavior that’s within your control. Especially not repeated bad behavior. That just incentivizes more bad behavior IMHO.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
That’s the part that’s bothered me so much. I know Ford can’t control third-party parts suppliers or global part shortages and certainly not a worldwide pandemic.

but they can control their own communication. And somehow they failed miserably at that. I still haven’t received an update notifying me that my delivery window has been changed again and is N/A. If I hadn’t checked myself, I’d still be moving forward like there was still a chance it might arrive before my lease ends. I don’t even have a window now. I don’t even have a ridiculous long estimate like the early delays got. I’ve got nothing. And all I would’ve needed was communication from Ford telling me when I can reasonably expect something. I would prefer to know in at least a general sense why (part failure and replacement for example) but Ford has been basically silent and non communicative on that stuff the whole time.

I don’t reward bad behavior that’s within your control. Especially not repeated bad behavior. That just incentivizes more bad behavior IMHO.
Agreed. I'm holding out hope that they don't know they are behaving badly because of this new experience. Wishful thinking. My hope is that I will get an opportunity to let them know what they need to improve going forward. If this goes on another three weeks with nothing, I will care less about improving Ford's future process.

ay221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Country flag
I pulled the plug in November and went with an used e-tron, haven’t regretted once. Also sold my Ford stock last week and doubling down on WV-group instead.
I'm keeping some Ford stock until Porsche comes out with theirs. Also waiting for the Porsche Macan electric next year. I don't want to miss the burmester sound system.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I stand corrected, net selling price was actually slightly higher than the MME GT at $61,524. However this is for an e-tron premium plus trim in galaxy blue with some added features, at an MSRP about $2k over what you showed for the plain black. If you're willing to give up the B&O sound system and the ventilated seats, you can get the base e-tron premium with the comfort package and have all the other premium plus features for a few thousand less. (We weren't as drawn to the available ones, but you can configure them however you want if you're willing to wait 6 months.)

Ignoring the easily removable upsell on the paint protection, they gave me over $15,300 in pre-tax incentives, and I'll still get the full $7500 federal credit on next year's filing. Some of that discount was for being able to pay cash on the spot, but I was only able to do that because I had been saving to do the same for the MME due to the lack of appealing financing. The state and federal fees ($910) were about $50 higher than what my research led me to expect for the Mustang FE.

Audi is running some pretty crazy deals right now, and we honestly weren't expecting to find a car like this at this price. In my personal opinion, the features like an extra 2" of ground clearance (on adjustable air suspension), the ventilated seats, and the peace of mind from a test drive and the e-tron being a 3 year old product line all made a big difference. I think the shorter range is balanced by the faster charge rate, and my $0.02 is that ten years from now I'll be more interested in the rate of charge than the range anxiety with a more mature charging network.

I'm not trying to make this a personal thing, but this is exactly what @kikibop meant about Ford losing their evangelists. I've wanted the MME so badly since the day it was announced, and after a literal year of being trickle-fed information, I opened myself to the possibility of something else and found a customer experience that got me smoothly from test drive to sale in under 24 hours, for less than I expected. Now I'm singing their praises on the mach e forum. Some people will want a Mustang no matter what, and that's fine. I was looking for a solid AWD electric car and I found one, just not the one I had expected.

Ford Mustang Mach-E So long, it's been fun. Capture.PNG
Glad you got the car that you want all is good there. Those incentives are not at every dealer and state. That is why I asked. Great that you got it for that. But here and I went ahead and called to other dealers in other states yesterday. they couldn't get below 72,000. Glad you like it again.

Reactions: ARK

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Audi announced that during 2020, the global sales of e-tron and e-tron Sportback increased by 79.5% year-over-year to 47,324."

Keyword is "global", in the very first sentence of that article. It is a fine car, but the salesperson boasting that the dealer moves 60 units a month is part of the usual sales tactics pressuring prospective buyers into making a decision right away. It's a mass produced product, there will be one available next week and next month, the VIN might change next month but will more than likely be the same next week.
yes, the fact that's why I laughed that dealer didn't sell 60 e-tron. There is over 160 dealer.
Again not even 6,000 sold for all of last year.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is ford doing everything perfectly? nope. Can they do better yes.
Few things I would like to say. Yep have a reservation for the ID4 and Had one for the Polestar 2.
WHY? I wanted to test them out. Just like I have with the model y.

Here it is With the ID4 no word from them about the delay they are having no word on anything. Want to see proof? well, they haven't sent anything. one call in 8 months just one call from the dealer. Signed up for the test drive coming up.

Polestar send me anything about their delay? nope. All I got from the new york dealer was the car is here. Didn't even get a call I got an email. Yes, we didn't buy it or anything but just showing they didn't do anything also.

Super easy to go to a dealer when their product had been out of a while and it's already on the dealer lot and say how wow it was there and nice. Tell me how it went with their launch. I will sit here and wait. Make sure your right because you know I might really know.

But again Ford can do better and has to get the dealers to do better. Some people don't need a lot of hand-holding. some people need a call a week. I still have not received my mache. But when I started checking times and weeks I'm still within the original time of 6 to 8 weeks from the day the mache is produced.

All your auto dealers are having problems with parts, covid. Any vehicle that is in crazy demand your going to have to wait long. Does not matter who the manufacturer is. Just the way it is with what's going on.

The fact that ford did not just come out and say the mache is delay another yes is amazing. Over 34 vehicles from manufacturers either got cut and will not be build or got a year or more delay. The mache is not setting on the dealer's lots. It's that hot it's gone that quick. These other BEV are sitting and sitting. Massive discounts I wonder why?

If we are going to call things what they are then let's call them what they all. Ford finds a problem and issues a recall right and to fix it. Amazing. Tesla fights and fights and says well the part is not supposed to last past 5 years before finally saying they will fix it.

I do not mind anyone buying another BEV that is the point here and it's awesome. I do mind when things are not told truly or twisted to put misleading info about the mache here.

If you can't understand what is going on right now and the problems auto manufacturers are having then maybe not the right time for you.
Ford is trying very hard to get the mache to you.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Congratulations on the e-Tron!

What's happening with Ford's lack of transparency is unacceptable. It's becoming clear from reading posts here that if you escalate to executives (no offense meant at those who did), you'll get white-glove service and Ford will go out of their way to make things right.

If you don't have an "in" though... good luck.

That tells me that the culture at the top is great, and customer-focused. But that does not extend outside of the Glass House top floors down to the working level in the field, and it ABSOLUTELY does not extend to the dealers.

Nobody should have to tweet/email/send smoke signals to Jim Farley to get an answer on where their car is, or get him to apologize for a dealer scamming them.
Well, I tweeted Farley and got crickets. Guess it depends on the day of the week and how he feels about assisting loyal customers. Sad state of affairs at Ford.
Sponsored