So many MME’s!

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E So many MME’s! IMG_6840

Just at the dealer for a couple recalls including HVJB and they have so MANY (over 20!) MME’s and they want to make a deal! What great time to buy if you need or want one. So tempted to trade in my FE job 1 grabber blue - maybe get a GTPE - but honestly I’ve got no payments now and I love my car and there’s no major evolution upgrade yet like range or charging speed or other model vehicles. AutoNation Ford Bellevue btw. Great service shop.
Sponsored

Chongda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Escape PHEV
Country flag
Their online presence doesn't appear to be offering any deals. Most have zero additional discount past ford incentives.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Ha, that's where I was a month ago for service. Their inventory started piling up with the loss of the tax credit (and before the price drop) and yeah, they really aren't trying that hard to move them.

Also side note: while they've been decent for me in the past, double check their work on the HVJB. When I talked to them in setting up my recent appointment (3 different service people) they were convinced that work was software only despite showing them the current recall notice from Ford. I plan to have the recall work done elsewhere.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It's funny how our perception changes on vehicles being in stock. Where 20 is piling up. My dealership has 9 MMEs and 9 Lightnings but 234 F-150s. Obviously F-150s are big movers, but dealerships having stock of something isn't a crisis on its own. I am hoping it happens more and automakers continue to get a reality check on a lot of their vehicle prices. My F-150 build when from $72K in 2021 to $80k in 2023, and it lost features.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Ha, that's where I was a month ago for service. Their inventory started piling up with the loss of the tax credit (and before the price drop) and yeah, they really aren't trying that hard to move them.

Also side note: while they've been decent for me in the past, double check their work on the HVJB. When I talked to them in setting up my recent appointment (3 different service people) they were convinced that work was software only despite showing them the current recall notice from Ford. I plan to have the recall work done elsewhere.
If you are anywhere near Puyallup, I recommend Korum Ford, they did a great job with my HVBJB recall. Roman Yarynych is the service manager.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

My service rep on site was very knowledgeable about the part and process, and they’ve done quite a few sounds like. The phone reps definitely don’t always know everything. Hope you find a good place!

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
My service rep on site was very knowledgeable about the part and process, and they’ve done quite a few sounds like. The phone reps definitely don’t always know everything. Hope you find a good place!
This was talking with actual service folks at the time, not just the scheduler on the phone, hopefully they finally got whatever training they needed but it was disappointing to say the least.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This was talking with actual service folks at the time, not just the scheduler on the phone, hopefully they finally got whatever training they needed but it was disappointing to say the least.
Not good. I’ll try to let you know. Hopefully they’ve figured it out. He did mention training the EV tech and obtaining the HVB lift.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Not good. I’ll try to let you know. Hopefully they’ve figured it out. He did mention training the EV tech and obtaining the HVB lift.
They've handled all my other work great (updates, tsbs, etc), just this specific recall they were very uninformed as of ~5-6 weeks ago. From what you said seems like they got the memo and you're probably set.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Pierre Ford in Lake City did my HVBJB in January. Easiest service appointment ever. They picked up and dropped the car off from my house.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They've handled all my other work great (updates, tsbs, etc), just this specific recall they were very uninformed as of ~5-6 weeks ago. From what you said seems like they got the memo and you're probably set.
All done. 2 days for HVJB plus another day for parking cable recall, charge port recall, and iPhone charging pad tsb.

JES432

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT All-Wheel Drive
Country flag
I thought the same about my dealership’s supply too. Then when I spoke with someone, in sales, I learned they had actually sold tons of them last month (I think the number was somewhere 120-140). I was completely surprised. So assuming that was true, the 20 or so they had on the lot weren’t there because they’re not selling.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
There's a lot more where those came from, I'm sure Ford isn't done ramming them down the throats of ADM happy dealers that 'wanted as many as they could get before summer'.... last year.

Pretty sure Ford told them they'd get their allotment 'soon'. 😂

Last edited: