breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Does anyone know if it’s possible to precondition the batter by turning the climate on remotely?
In theory yes it will start to condition the battery when you remote start the car. However 15 minutes of remote start really isn't a lot of time to heat up the battery pack - it is huge!

Just curious, is the vehicle in the top left corner of the screen the actual color of your vehicle or is it white during the day and gray at night?

I thought I saw on one of the review videos that it was color matched and mine isn't. I have a silver car, so it may just be harder to get silver or it's just generic.
It is white during the day and black at night for me. No color matched. It is disappointing a little bit as that would have been such an easy feature to implement. Lazy...
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Odd, for me it didn't work at all until the next day when the error went away.
When in doubt reboot ;). I just want to make sure I have control of charging, when and how much, and to know it is not just shutting down and not maintain itself once complete in sub-freezing temps. This concern is from a maintenance/longevity point of view. I could care less about importing a picture for my profile or PAAK takes a bit of encouragement once in a while. Hope Ford is working to ensure the basics work and not the show end of things.

Out of all your error codes lost communication with the powertrain sounds a bit concerning. Wonder what that exactly means? Bit hard to understand after all the testing why so many error reports. May point back to one thing and I hope code can help.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to precondition the batter by turning the climate on remotely?

on my Tesla we could pre condition the battery by remotely heating the car up. No need to set a departure time we can just control the climate before getting into the car.

Right now I’m only seeing departure times as the only way to set the climate. I don’t want to use that. I leave the house randomly so I don’t really have departure time. I just want to remotely set the climate.
Anyone know if this is possible or coming in a future update?
My departure times are also random now. I was thinking, if I could control the state of charge, then tell it an hour or so before leaving to charge to 100% then remote start with PAAK 15 minutes prior to leaving. Both should be able to be done via phone app. It is hard to program random departure times but there may be a procedure for a workaround; that is if the basics work.

I would like to know the battery pack is being pampered while plugged into 240V but right now I have a feeling that it maintains itself better when not plugged in? At least not plugged in it reports its ok every 5 hours or so. After charging not much the limited times I have seen it with the 12V dying twice. Lost it for the second weekend to the shop this past.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
When in doubt reboot ;). I just want to make sure I have control of charging, when and how much, and to know it is not just shutting down and not maintain itself once complete in sub-freezing temps. This concern is from a maintenance/longevity point of view. I could care less about importing a picture for my profile or PAAK takes a bit of encouragement once in a while. Hope Ford is working to ensure the basics work and not the show end of things.

Out of all your error codes lost communication with the powertrain sounds a bit concerning. Wonder what that exactly means? Bit hard to understand after all the testing why so many error reports. May point back to one thing and I hope code can help.

My departure times are also random now. I was thinking, if I could control the state of charge, then tell it an hour or so before leaving to charge to 100% then remote start with PAAK 15 minutes prior to leaving. Both should be able to be done via phone app. It is hard to program random departure times but there may be a procedure for a workaround; that is if the basics work.

I would like to know the battery pack is being pampered while plugged into 240V but right now I have a feeling that it maintains itself better when not plugged in? At least not plugged in it reports its ok every 5 hours or so. After charging not much the limited times I have seen it with the 12V dying twice. Lost it for the second weekend to the shop this past.
I just want to be able to control cabin temp from the app. That’s basically what it comes down to. My Tesla was able to do that, should be able to on this also.

If the tech is the same or similar to Tesla , it is better to keep the car plugged in, it can take care of itself better when plugged in.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just want to be able to control cabin temp from the app. That’s basically what it comes down to. My Tesla was able to do that, should be able to on this also.

If the tech is the same or similar to Tesla , it is better to keep the car plugged in, it can take care of itself better when plugged in.
It appears you can remote start to the last set state so before exiting you could crank everything up and then you you can extend start up to 30 minutes in setting or tapping the app a few times (displayed up top for a bit). Workaround and future update?

Little guns shy about a 12V but when it warms up I should feel better. Does your charging schedule get honored?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, first thing I did lol.
Hard reboot (power down for 3 minutes) Soft reboot dwn and rgt? Not sure what logic is being ran right now. Hit the accelerator to the floor 3 times. I vote that the big red and orange boxes get toned down (smaller) on the dash in the future. Too much info too loud. If it is not setting then it stands to reason it is not working. In my trade in the cruise ended up that it would not set when it got below -15C and until the cabin heated up after driving for 30 to 40 km. I figured it was a crack in the plastic contact pad of the controls. I new it did not work because it did not.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
May be a stupid question, and I wasn't sure where to ask... I don't like that the audio stays on when I turn the car off. Is there any setting for this?

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I get the camera shake/shudder occasionally as well. Similar to what I saw last October in one of their road tour vehicles that was going around, but not as bad.

For any survey/testing participants or ford employees reading this:

• Side mirrors should tilt-down automatically when in Reverse. Or at least the option for it.

• Make it easier to turn on the 360 camera quickly, at a slight higher speed.
    • Or at least, have it so that when you push the button while driving, the camera will automatically turn on the next time your speed dips below, say 10mph.

sparkout

First Name
Cliff O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I own a 2021 MME and what I would like to see is a button labeled "Car Wash" One tap and the wipers won't sense water as rain and turn on, also the 'auto hold" feature will not lock the brakes as the car wash rollers go under your tires and the line is getting longer as you try to figure out how to turn off auto hold., Also, mirrors get turned inward, Thanks, this would all be a big help.
Sponsored