spgordon57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
I have a '22 MME Premium Extended Range, with 6,200 miles on the odometer. It has recently developed these electronic issues:
  1. When approaching the car I often first open the rear drivers side door to put stuff in the back seat. Even if the "open" button on the door is lit/unlocked from sensing my presence, the rear door won't open unless I open the front door first. Doesn't happen all the time but often enough that its annoying.
  2. When turning the car off, the headlights used to stay on for a couple minutes before turning off. Now, they stay on for about 20 minutes and you can hear the front motor make a whirring sound.
  3. When turning the car on while in the drivers seat, the seating position should return to my personalized setting. Sometimes it does but more than half the time, it doesn't, and I have to hit the present seating position on the door. Again not serious but its annoying.
  4. Nos. 1-3 occur more frequently in lower temperatures.
  5. Ford has been trying to upload software update 4.2.5 (heating system improvements) for the past week. Each time it fails, whether I'm doing it manually, or allowing it to happen on a scheduled basis late at night. There is a confirmed wifi connection (in my garage). Several previous updates happened without a hitch.
Has anyone experienced these problems? I've searched through every available menu feature and can't find any that help or restore the car to previous settings.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
1. You either need a door module update or the receiver in that door has failed.
2. Headlight switch bug. No fix, but the workaround is to switch to “Off”, then back to “Auto”.
3. Car isn’t selecting your profile. Several reports of this. Are you using PAAK?

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
I have a '22 MME Premium Extended Range, with 6,200 miles on the odometer. It has recently developed these electronic issues:
  1. When approaching the car I often first open the rear drivers side door to put stuff in the back seat. Even if the "open" button on the door is lit/unlocked from sensing my presence, the rear door won't open unless I open the front door first. Doesn't happen all the time but often enough that its annoying.
  2. When turning the car off, the headlights used to stay on for a couple minutes before turning off. Now, they stay on for about 20 minutes and you can hear the front motor make a whirring sound.
  3. When turning the car on while in the drivers seat, the seating position should return to my personalized setting. Sometimes it does but more than half the time, it doesn't, and I have to hit the present seating position on the door. Again not serious but its annoying.
  5. Ford has been trying to upload software update 4.2.5 (heating system improvements) for the past week. Each time it fails, whether I'm doing it manually, or allowing it to happen on a scheduled basis late at night. There is a confirmed wifi connection (in my garage). Several previous updates happened without a hitch.
Has anyone experienced these problems? I've searched through every available menu feature and can't find any that help or restore the car to previous settings.

Thanks!
#3 happens for me regularly

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Thanks!
For #1, I have found that if you go into the settings->vehicle->locks->remote unlock and cycle to "drivers door only" and back to "all doors", then the walk up unlock starts working again. It's happened to me a couple of times, and that reset the relevant sensors.

For #2 you might try turning the headlight switch to off and then back to auto

#3 might be related to #1 detecting your fob as you approach; try putting it in your right pocket with nothing else in there to block the signal. If you use PaaK, well, PaaK is imperfect but you could try keeping your phone in your right pocket instead

#5 could be the low voltage battery not getting charged enough; try driving the car for at least half an hour to try to charge up the low voltage battery - it needs to be at least 80% charged for updates to be installed. I think there's a more detailed thread about that.

Martin desbrulais

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Extended range
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
All of the above plus more, mine has to be a Friday build,

serspcv2003

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150, 22 Bronco sport, 23 Mach E
Occupation
Team lead at General Motors
Country flag
Just tonight my passenger front door button stopped working and doesn't light up. But it still opens from the inside. I already know my dealer is 4 weeks out for service appointment. I'm hoping it is just a plug loose and I could fix it myself.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just tonight my passenger front door button stopped working and doesn't light up. But it still opens from the inside. I already know my dealer is 4 weeks out for service appointment. I'm hoping it is just a plug loose and I could fix it myself.
Try hitting the "unlock" button on the fob when the door won't open - if the "open" button on the door then works then see my fix for #1 above

serspcv2003

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150, 22 Bronco sport, 23 Mach E
Occupation
Team lead at General Motors
Country flag
Try hitting the "unlock" button on the fob when the door won't open - if the "open" button on the door then works then see my fix for #1 above
I tried that it didn't change anything. The button is just inoperable.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@timbop Thank You for the door fix above. Don’t know how I’ve missed that all this time. I’ve been one to disconnect the 12V battery when this starts happening (which BTW @spgordon57 is frequent. On all 3 MME I have owned or currently own). Cycling the remote unlock feature sounds so much easier. I’ll try it next time.
Sponsored