Big software Bugs. - Climate Control, Safety Features, Profiles

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Hi,

I'm starting to have regular software issues. The car has been mostly flawless for the first 4000 miles. I think I will create a new thread to discuss the safety issues with Collison features so the thread doesn't get too big for multiple topics.

BUG 1:
Recently, My profile isn't loading. No matter what. Unless I reboot the center screen. I've tried everything, Console reset, PAAK reset, PAAK with Keys in pocket, Keys only. Its annoying. I've had to just set my 'guest account' to align with my main profile. I generally have to tunr off the car and leave the range of the keys and PAAK for about 10 minutes for it to possibly load my profile (its the only one in the car). Anyway this is annoying at worst.

Question:
Is anyone else seeing an uptick in failed profile loads after the last set of updates?

BUG 2: Climate control

I've had this happen over 5 times now... so its no longer an anomaly. While driving down the road (both hand n the wheel) or highway with my climate set to my preference for the day (65f, center row blowers #2 or 3 blower setting) when randomly out of the blue The car goes into full 100% HOT, full blower, EHEAT on, AC off, Heat maxed, defrost angle enabled insane... again my hands are on the wheel so my fingers haven't hit any console buttons around that volume wheel.

I mean WTF. Its only 107 outside. I'm in some brutal traffic and I am having to try and fumble to get my climate back under control (BEV = Instant cook me in the car mode). This really sucks as I just about plowed into someone trying to turn off the blast furnace my car became diverting my eyes.

BUG 3:
Center console randomly going into quiet mode. Happens every other week. Just goes into that mode like I have just depressed the volume wheel.

BUG 4: (I'll create a new thread).
I have suspected my anti-collision systems have not been operating as intended for some time now. I am now 90% sure it is NOT functioning as intended. ..Again I think this one is worth a thread in itself.

Before anyone says it, Yes I have reset the console, yes I have triple checked my settings and also toggled them, I have created a new profile.

I'm using android auto just in case we find there is a commonality with AA users with the SYNC system.

Cheers
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
You have many problems with software I donā€™t have, but, my profile doesnā€™t load consistently so Iā€™m used to setting it from the console. In my case, my wife is set up as user#1 and we usually have 2 PaaKā€™s in the car at the same time.

michaelmmegt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
#2 and #3 seem more like a hardware issue with the touchscreen than software bugs to me. It might be registering false touches in the area around the volume knob where the max defrost button is.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Recently, My profile isn't loading. No matter what. Unless I reboot the center screen. I've tried everything, Console reset, PAAK reset, PAAK with Keys in pocket, Keys only. Its annoying. I've had to just set my 'guest account' to align with my main profile. I generally have to tunr off the car and leave the range of the keys and PAAK for about 10 minutes for it to possibly load my profile (its the only one in the car). Anyway this is annoying at worst.
Make a second or third profile (have the max number profiles) and name them test or something like that and this fixes that issue, Iā€™ve confirmed it a few times. Not sure why they havenā€™t fixed this bug yet

OP
OP
1969Mach1Mike

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
#2 and #3 seem more like a hardware issue with the touchscreen than software bugs to me. It might be registering false touches in the area around the volume knob where the max defrost button is.
both my hands are on the wheel.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
both my hands are on the wheel.
Those sound like hardware issue to me too. It's entirely possible that there is a loose connection (or something similar) that is causing erroneous inputs to SYNC, resulting in many, if not all, of the issues you're experiencing.

I had problems with my profile loading after one of the 3.x.1 series OTAs, but I got it to work again. Sometimes it went to Guest, and one time it would let me choose my wife's profile, or Guest, but not my profile. I think I needed to reset SYNC at least twice to get it to work properly again. I haven't had the problem since. #4 could be an unrelated hardware issue. There are other threads on that class of problems...

Good luck!

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
You have many problems with software I donā€™t have, but, my profile doesnā€™t load consistently so Iā€™m used to setting it from the console.
This is kind of funny. My bug prevents me from getting to your bugs LOL. Sorry, I know all these bugs are a bummer, but could not help but chuckle when I saw that :D

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Update 3.7.3 was lobster mode. šŸ¤”

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi,

I'm starting to have regular software issues. The car has been mostly flawless for the first 4000 miles. I think I will create a new thread to discuss the safety issues with Collison features so the thread doesn't get too big for multiple topics.

BUG 1:

Question:
Is anyone else seeing an uptick in failed profile loads after the last set of updates?

I've had this happen over 5 times now... so its no longer an anomaly. While driving down the road (both hand n the wheel) or highway with my climate set to my preference for the day (65f, center row blowers #2 or 3 blower setting) when randomly out of the blue The car goes into full 100% HOT, full blower, EHEAT on, AC off, Heat maxed, defrost angle enabled insane... again my hands are on the wheel so my fingers haven't hit any console buttons around that volume wheel.

I mean WTF. Its only 107 outside. I'm in some brutal traffic and I am having to try and fumble to get my climate back under control (BEV = Instant cook me in the car mode). This really sucks as I just about plowed into someone trying to turn off the blast furnace my car became diverting my eyes.

BUG 3:
Center console randomly going into quiet mode. Happens every other week. Just goes into that mode like I have just depressed the volume wheel.

I have suspected my anti-collision systems have not been operating as intended for some time now. I am now 90% sure it is NOT functioning as intended. ..Again I think this one is worth a thread in itself.

Before anyone says it, Yes I have reset the console, yes I have triple checked my settings and also toggled them, I have created a new profile.

I'm using android auto just in case we find there is a commonality with AA users with the SYNC system.

Cheers
My climate control did something similar yesterday. I have departure time set and climate set to medium. Not sure if it started blowing warm air while driving because the departure time was approaching and it started preconditioning. I'll need to test it out to make sure it was my settings and not hardware or software related.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
As others have said, take your car to the dealer. I suggest contacting @Ford Motor Company first to establish a case number so that corporate is involved in the process.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Shot in the dark but it sounds like your touchscreen might be malfunctioning and detecting touches when there aren't any. Do you have a screen protector on it?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi,

BUG 1:

Question:

BUG 3:

Cheers
Hello, Mike! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Thereā€™s a steering wheel button combination that opens a developer/debug menu on the sync screen. I believe it has a touch screen calibration that might help with your phantom screen pressesā€¦ but for the life of me I canā€™t find/remember what the correct buttons are. I will play around with mine later today to see if I can get to the screen and take some pictures of the process if itā€™s in that hidden menu.

Edit: volume down + previous track was the button combo, however it doesnā€™t have any ability to calibrate the screen - just diagnostics.
Sponsored

Last edited: