Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
their wireless charger is better, it fits bigger phones. My Iphone 13pro max 'fits' but just barely, and move the wrong way the charging stops. I end up using the cable, it is far more reliable.
I’ve never had issues and I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max in an Apple Clear Case
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The user interface on the big screen also looks different, it has a "home" and also you appear to be able to navigate between functions by swiping the screens left and right.

I'd pay AOSK for a Chinese galloping ? light....
I’m sure there almost no US-developed software in the Chinese Mustang Mach E. Remember, the Chinese have all their big brother stuff and social score stuff they have to implement everywhere.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
There's a recent poll in a norwegian FB group suggesting otherwise. But mabe we are more used to EVs in norway, and love the clean grill-less look. It doesn't make sense to me that they prefer fake grills in China though.

Skjermbilde 2022-02-07 kl. 13.33.19.png
I would have liked the non-GT front end better if it didn't have the grin with the handlebar moustache. Adding the fake grill made the front look less like a clown face.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I’m sure there almost no US-developed software in the Chinese Mustang Mach E. Remember, the Chinese have all their big brother stuff and social score stuff they have to implement everywhere.
I'm not sure I would generalize that far -- it does look QNX-based, just the lfavor of how the UI is organized is different. I imagine the native maps software is different as well.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I would like the GT grill on all trims.
No. You can’t have it. Actually look into graphics. I was going to have graphics done on my route one before it was replaced. But still. It’s not a real GT.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
No. You can’t have it. Actually look into graphics. I was going to have graphics done on my route one before it was replaced. But still. It’s not a real GT.
I’ve seen some and while decent it’s not quite right,

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I’ve seen some and while decent it’s not quite right,
Well as a GT Owner. You can’t copy us. But I understand. Seriously I have seen some amazing graphics. Just the pony won’t be lit up but you can get some glow in the dark paint. I wanted the graphics to protect the paint personally.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I'm not sure I would generalize that far -- it does look QNX-based, just the lfavor of how the UI is organized is different. I imagine the native maps software is different as well.
I believe the maps software is different, since Google doesn't work in CN.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
Here is a link to some. Not what I was looking at for myself. If I can find the picture I will post it. Pretty nice looking graphics

https://www.struckndesign.com/store/c57/Ford-Mach-E-Grille-Wrap#/
Some of these are cool, but I realized what it is. It’s the bottom lip of the grill. There musta had surrounds the grill on 3 sides, but the bottom matches the color of the car. I think they might look better if there was a stripe of black underneath these wraps to make it “match”

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I believe the maps software is different, since Google doesn't work in CN.
Google does not work in China, but the Mach E native navigation does not use Google for its maps. I'm sure the mapping provider is one with the proper licenses from the government....

I bet the MME in China has support for CarPlay as well as baidu's phone projection carlife stuff, and the MME certainly doesn't support Android Auto.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Google does not work in China, but the Mach E native navigation does not use Google for its maps. I'm sure the mapping provider is one with the proper licenses from the government....

I bet the MME in China has support for CarPlay as well as baidu's phone projection carlife stuff, and the MME certainly doesn't support Android Auto.
thanks for all these info!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I would. The state exerts a lot of control.

Jimmy C

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Hi, MME owner in China here, some of the differences between the NA and CN version not mentioned above are:

CN version: lacks the number pad on the B pillar, so no password entry to the vehicle

CN version' infotainment system is done by Baidu and does not support Android auto or Apple carplay

As well as the GT grill, the Glass roof also comes as standard on all trims

Last and most significant difference, the CN version has a different battery setup with the base trim only getting 61.5 kwh battery capacity and the long range only getting 80 kwh, which is a significant downgrade from the NA version, and the base trim only support 7kw charging while the long range support 13kw.
However trade off for having so much less battery is that the 0-100km/h time has improved to 6.2s for the base trim and 6.5s for the long range

Don't know whether they tweaked the suspension setup to take into account of the less battery capacity/ lower overall weight (1950kg) for the base trim, but personally I find the ride quite bouncy, particularly at the rear.
Sponsored