breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
SSM 49691 - March 25, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - Missing Keyless Entry Secure Code Card

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may be missing the keyless entry secure code card. To retrieve the keyless entry code from the body control module (BCM), connect the Ford Diagnostic and repair tool > confirm the VIN > go to toolbox > select BCM – Factory Keyless Entry Code > press Download to retrieve and display the factory keyless entry code > then press Run to get the code.

END SSM

It appears we know why so many are missing cards now...they just forgot them!

It also appears this is not warrantable as they don’t provide a labor code. Most likely your dealer will charge you to retrieve the code, but honestly at the same time they should just do it for free if you bought the car from them. Kind of ridiculous to not know your code.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ford also gives us a way to retrieve the code ourselves. But the kicker is it requires two fobs! You basically put one fob in the special spot in the center console, put the car into and out of accessory mode, then put a second fob in and do it again. Then the factory code pops up on the instrument cluster. I've confirmed that this works, but it doesn't really help you if you didn't buy a second fob. This is also the same process to pair a 3rd or 4th fob to the car. Easy peasy as long as you have 2 (which most people don't).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Ford also gives us a way to retrieve the code ourselves. But the kicker is it requires two fobs! You basically put one fob in the special spot in the center console, put the car into and out of accessory mode, then put a second fob in and do it again. Then the factory code pops up on the instrument cluster. I've confirmed that this works, but it doesn't really help you if you didn't buy a second fob though.
I was going to say this myself and I actually went to my car to test it but then realized I'd have to dig fobs out of Faraday bags and decided I was too lazy to do it.

have you verified this same process works on the Mach-E?

(in before "SEE WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN TWO FOBS FORD SUX0RS")

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
When I got my Mach-E, the code on the provided card would not work. I took it to the dealer and they looked up the code. Turned out somebody had swapped the card for my Mach-E with the card from the only other Mach-E on the dealer lot. No charge for looking up the code. Two good laughs to exchange the cards to their rightful cars. The dealer was embarrassed and apologetic. I was relieved and, hey, it gave me a chance to drive my car some more. I am fortunate to have a great dealer as I have noted elsewhere.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I got my Mach-E, the code on the provided card would not work. I took it to the dealer and they looked up the code. Turned out somebody had swapped the card for my Mach-E with the card from the only other Mach-E on the dealer lot. No charge for looking up the code. Two good laughs to exchange the cards to their rightful cars. The dealer was embarrassed and apologetic. I was relieved and, hey, it gave me a chance to drive my car some more. I am fortunate to have a great dealer as I have noted elsewhere.
I'm not sure why the dealers are taking the cards out of the glove box at all. After the paperwork was done, I knew to look for the card in my glove box and it wasn't there. I went back in and asked the sales guy where it would be and he said the finance woman probably has it in my file. Sure enough, we checked with her and there it was.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm not sure why the dealers are taking the cards out of the glove box at all. After the paperwork was done, I knew to look for the card in my glove box and it wasn't there. I went back in and asked the sales guy where it would be and he said the finance woman probably has it in my file. Sure enough, we checked with her and there it was.
yeah concur it should just be there. my dealer gave me my glove pouch and it had the card in it but I was like "wait why isn't this just in the car?"

I was legit a little sad that it had the blue oval and not a pony.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You're not alone :)
this just got me to go look at the Parts site and it doesn't seem to be possible to order the pouch. I see some on eBay but they are pricey - don't think I care enough to spend $50.

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Wait, what is this code and why would I need it? I don't think I have such a card, but I was missing the "manual" when I completed the purchase (apparently locked in some room). They promised to call me about it later, but of course never did and I figured I didn't need an already out of date manual. Do I need this card? I just set up the keyless entry from the FordPass app.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wait, what is this code and why would I need it? I don't think I have such a card, but I was missing the "manual" when I completed the purchase (apparently locked in some room). They promised to call me about it later, but of course never did and I figured I didn't need an already out of date manual. Do I need this card? I just set up the keyless entry from the FordPass app.
It's a 3.5x2" card with a five digit code that will continue to be able to unlock your doors, even after you've set your own codes.

Reactions: BDC

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
It's a 3.5x2" card with a five digit code that will continue to be able to unlock your doors, even after you've set your own codes.
Huh, thanks! Guess I will try and track down that manual.

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Yup, it works.
Hi - I had something strange happen. I had programmed my own code using the 5 digit code that came with my car months ago. Unfortunately at this point I threw it out as my own code was now in the system.
Today I reset my PaaK and for some reason this reset the keyless entry code for the door - its now asking for the factory code again to change it...and I dont have it.

I tried the two key fob method but cant get it to work. I put the first fob in the little holder in the center console next to the outlet. I push start, wait 5 seconds, then turn it off. I then switch the fobs and press start again but I just see "accessory mode active" on the dashboard but dont see anywhere where the code displays?

Please any advice would be great thanks.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi - I had something strange happen. I had programmed my own code using the 5 digit code that came with my car months ago. Unfortunately at this point I threw it out as my own code was now in the system.
Today I reset my PaaK and for some reason this reset the keyless entry code for the door - its now asking for the factory code again to change it...and I dont have it.

I tried the two key fob method but cant get it to work. I put the first fob in the little holder in the center console next to the outlet. I push start, wait 5 seconds, then turn it off. I then switch the fobs and press start again but I just see "accessory mode active" on the dashboard but dont see anywhere where the code displays?

Please any advice would be great thanks.
Try opening the door after the first cycle to force the screens to turn off in between.

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Thanks for the reply.
I tried that. Each time I press start (first fob and second fob) I get the screen shown in attached picture.
Then if I press OK button to clear that message I see normal dashboard.
I don't at any code pop up?

20220404_115021.jpg
Sponsored