Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I honestly donā€™t understand why LATER builds would come with two while itā€™s the earlier builds that have the issues mostly. Like why not make it retroactive? Totally mind boggling.
That might set the tone for other things to come. They already got your money. Why bother ā€¦

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Ha ok, I remember when TiVo did this too. Wow thatā€™s a great deal, honestly surprised at the innovation coming out of SXM.
Well, technically it was Just Sirius, XM radio was their competitor. Wasn't till years later (2008) Sirius took over XM and became SXM and merged all the XM station with their stations and consolidated the dupes.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
we're far afield of key fob discussion but anyway, Sirius tried to make it so that "Lifetime" was "of the radio" not "of the subscriber" but lost the case.

SiriusXM loses ā€˜Lifetime Subā€™ lawsuit | (advanced-television.com)
Interesting, I had not heard of this Class Action Suit and I've been an active subscriber since Dec of 2004. The lawyers got ~$3 mil of the $96mil lawsuit and we got a drop in fees from $75 to $35? and that's it? They always tell me it's $35 to transfer, but always 'grace' the charge.

" ā€˜Lifetime Subscriptionsā€™ were subject to a limited number of radio transfers, subject to a $75 transfer fee for each such transfer."

Actually, the Limited number of xfers was based on when you signed up. If it was earlier than March 2005, then unlimited, if after March 2005 then limited. Meh, I'm covered!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Interesting, I had not heard of this Class Action Suit and I've been an active subscriber since Dec of 2004. The lawyers got ~$3 mil of the $96mil lawsuit and we got a drop in fees from $75 to $35? and that's it? They always tell me it's $35 to transfer, but always 'grace' the charge.
I vaguely remembered it happening which is why I knew to go find a story about it. I never took them up on the lifetime offer, but looking back, I probably should have. At the time it was money I didn't really have.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I vaguely remembered it happening which is why I knew to go find a story about it. I never took them up on the lifetime offer, but looking back, I probably should have. At the time it was money I didn't really have.
FWIW you can basically get it for free since they literally beg you to come back if you ever cancel, my other car gets so many 3-month no CC required trials

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
FWIW you can basically get it for free since they literally beg you to come back if you ever cancel, my other car gets so many 3-month no CC required trials
yeah nowadays I generally will do the $5/month thing when I have time to mess with it.

I see looking at fleaBay there are lifetime sub radios readily available for reasonable prices, so it might be worth getting one just to get the subscription to transfer. ?

islandboystan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 & 10 Prius, 15 Prius C, 09 CRV, MME ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
PAAK has worked flawlessly for me since I picked the car up (Outside of a single occasion). With that said, the car should come with 2 fobs. Give those of us who bought cars built before that date a fob or credit us with the equivalent Ford Pass points or something.
Miss seeing you at the BIEVA meetup on Sunday in Waimea.

mazimache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
We just picked up our Mach E at the end of December and it only came with 1 key fob. It's been a challenge to get a second one. Even speaking with Ford through chat or phone hasn't helped. Any way to get an actual copy of the SSM 50176 that I can show a dealer (besides what's listed in the OP)? Thanks

mazimache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
We just picked up our Mach E at the end of December and it only came with 1 key fob. It's been a challenge to get a second one. Even speaking with Ford through chat or phone hasn't helped. Any way to get an actual copy of the SSM 50176 that I can show a dealer (besides what's listed in the OP)? Thanks
Dealer found extra key fob in a second deal jacket and will be overnighting the key to me...
Sponsored