benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That is what I am saying. They told me my car got the update that was to be released. Since it didn't work, they are saying go to the dealer and have them use this SSM to fix it.

Original post was Oct 20, 2021. We are not past the update that was supposed to work. Perhaps they have updated it with a fix in the last 3 months?
All OTA updates got pushed back due to an issue they found in the deployment process. And none of the updates released to dealers enables the button yet.

At this point, I'd expect it to start coming out in the next month or two.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The update to fix this was pushed earlier this month and installed on my vehicle, per Ford. If it didn't take, perhaps they have updated the SSM to tell the dealer what steps to take to get it to work?
They havenā€™t, thatā€™s what weā€˜re telling you. I just checked again to confirm and there is no new BCM update available for my Job 1 car.

But let us know how it goes with your dealer.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The update to fix this was pushed earlier this month and installed on my vehicle, per Ford. If it didn't take, perhaps they have updated the SSM to tell the dealer what steps to take to get it to work?
The people on here telling you it is not available know more than probably every dealer about it, I would take their word.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I do wonder why this wasn't part of the CSP. My theory is that Ford is saving it as a canary for updating certain modules OTA en masse. But, just a theory.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I do wonder why this wasn't part of the CSP. My theory is that Ford is saving it as a canary for updating certain modules OTA en masse. But, just a theory.
My guess is they want to enable the frunk and bluecruise for everyone around the same time. Plus with how dealers have been handling the current set of updates, you have a high chance they wouldn't even install what is required anyway.

Tech Motoring

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
techmotoring.com
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E (On Order)
Country flag
I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I picked up my Mach-E the other day. My app has the frunk release button, and it actually does work. I was surprised after all of the discussion on this forum. Something else that caught me off guard was that my frunk does not have the divider plastic inside it. I thought that was on all 2021 models and was being removed on the 2022.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I picked up my Mach-E the other day. My app has the frunk release button, and it actually does work. I was surprised after all of the discussion on this forum. Something else that caught me off guard was that my frunk does not have the divider plastic inside it. I thought that was on all 2021 models and was being removed on the 2022.
The dividers were removed when MY21 Job 2 production began, coinciding with when the electronic frunk release was deemed production worthy and deliverable to customers.

The 2021 owners manual says (if equipped) because they were hopeful to have the frunk release fully working during that model year.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50213 - FordPass App Frunk Button - Failure To Open Message 1642970535582

Tech Motoring

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
techmotoring.com
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E (On Order)
Country flag
The dividers were removed when MY21 Job 2 production began, coinciding with when the electronic frunk release was deemed production worthy and deliverable to customers.

The 2021 owners manual says (if equipped) because they were hopeful to have the frunk release fully working during that model year.

1642970535582.png
Very cool, thanks for clearing that up.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
LMAO Wanna buy a bridge?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
And now it's almost September '22.....

ticktock.gif

HuntingPudel