Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have a MachE and R1T. Ford gets points for CarPlay and Sirius, but every other aspect of Rivian's software is lightyears ahead on the R1T. Rivian has been regularly issuing monthly software updates, and I can choose when to install from the vehicle or my phone. Whereas Ford will wait 4 months, then issue 4 updates back-to-back while I'm driving with no real explanation of what's happening and why they couldn't have been installed in one go, leaving me wondering what settings reverted or broke.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I have a MachE and R1T. Ford gets points for CarPlay and Sirius, but every other aspect of Rivian's software is lightyears ahead on the R1T. Rivian has been regularly issuing monthly software updates, and I can choose when to install from the vehicle or my phone. Whereas Ford will wait 4 months, then issue 4 updates back-to-back while I'm driving with no real explanation of what's happening and why they couldn't have been installed in one go, leaving me wondering what settings reverted or broke.
Glad to hear this about the Rivian. I have an R1T on order that I hope will eventually replace my diesel Ford F-150 Platinum.

It sounds as if Pet Mode is only one of many reasons to want the Rivian!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Rivian has pushed a ton of great updates already since launch.
https://riviantracker.io/

Some standouts:
Self leveling for camping
Camping mode
Sand mode
Car Wash mode
Pet mode

But hey we got Youtube!!
Sigh…
It doesn’t have a self leveling suspension
It’s not a camper
It’s not an off-road vehicle (see the bronco or the F150 lightning)
Already has a car wash mode and Fotd provides directions: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...y-mustang-mach-e-into-temporary-neutral-mode/
Yes, yes, yes, we get it. People want pet mode. People also want a remote frunk release. People also want infinite battery life.
Stop complaining - Ford also bestowed on you NBC Now and NBC Today. Does brand T have those? Thought not! 😀😀😀😀😀

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Sigh…
It doesn’t have a self leveling suspension
It’s not a camper
It’s not an off-road vehicle (see the bronco or the F150 lightning)
Already has a car wash mode and Fotd provides directions: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...y-mustang-mach-e-into-temporary-neutral-mode/
Yes, yes, yes, we get it. People want pet mode. People also want a remote frunk release. People also want infinite battery life.
Stop complaining - Ford also bestowed on you NBC Now and NBC Today. Does brand T have those? Thought not! 😀😀😀😀😀
We camp in the back of the Mach e, going again next weekend. Camp mode would be a lifesaver.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
We camp in the back of the Mach e, going again next weekend. Camp mode would be a lifesaver.
And I watched a show on TV last night where people cooked a dinner using an electric iron and a Mr. Coffee. I still wouldn’t call an electric iron a cooktop 😀

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
And I watched a show on TV last night where people cooked a dinner using an electric iron and a Mr. Coffee. I still wouldn’t call an electric iron a cooktop 😀
I think the point is that Rivian has delivered a higher number of useful software features in about half the time.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think the point is that Rivian has delivered a higher number of useful software features in about half the time.
And they have exactly one product to focus on. I do agree that Ford seems to have been slow at addressing issues, but they don’t have the luxury of being able to call “all hands on deck” for sand mode.

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Sometimes complaints from owners are the only way to spur action by Ford and other auto manufacturers! If they hear from owners frequently enough on a specific issue, it might just be moved higher on the priority list.

None of this means any of us regret our MME ownership. Far from it; we'd just like to see some improvements. Nothing wrong with making a good thing even better!

And yes, Tesla offers far more and better streaming than Ford ever has...

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
And they have exactly one product to focus on. I do agree that Ford seems to have been slow at addressing issues, but they don’t have the luxury of being able to call “all hands on deck” for sand mode.
I feel like there's an "innovator's dilemma" lesson being learned here :)

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Tesla didn't introduce Dog Mode until February of 2019. Sentry Mode was August of 2017.

Give Ford some time.

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Give Ford some time.
We already have! In my view, Ford has had more than enough time to implement the Pet Mode they patented long ago.

Meanwhile, they've been pushing out updates for streaming video while putting off an update that many of us who own dogs would find useful on a daily basis.

Let's keep the collective pressure on rather than making excuses for the Big Blue Oval!

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was hoping that with Ford moving their other vehicles to Sync 4, that we would start to see better updates. That has not happened. All we have gotten are either bug fixes or new 'revenue streams' aka yet another subscription. Ford won't even let you bundle hotspot and streaming.

Ford is still following the adage that only new vehicles get new features aka remote frunk release, etc. I also feel that the hardware is not up to par with Tesla and Rivian as Sync is noticeably slower. The hardware limitations and QNX might be why we don't see many new features.

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Some of you may remember, that there is a common problem with the walk away feature/phone as a key, the interior alarm resets to ON regardless of the menu settings. Can anyone verify this problem has been resolved? One work around is to turn off the lock on walk away feature.

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Some of you may remember, that there is a common problem with the walk away feature/phone as a key, the interior alarm resets to ON regardless of the menu settings. Can anyone verify this problem has been resolved? One work around is to turn off the lock on walk away feature.
In addition to this problem, if I leave my car on with the dog inside and walk away with the keys, I cannot lock the car using the key fob. It must be a safety feature that does not allow the car to be locked while on?
Sponsored