stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
There have been RWD failures. At that speed and given the history of failure during high speed acceleration I'm going to guess HVBJB. See my signature for examples of speed and RWD under the data aggregation.
Woohoo! Thanks @DevSecOps. I’ll let you know when they pull codes so you can add it to the dataset. Any gotchas to be aware of if they do need to replace the HVBJB? I saw a video that talked about dealers reusing the single-use bolts on the battery cover. What else?
Sponsored

stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to hear but every time I hear of this , it drives me crazy that Ford doesn’t see fit to proactively replace the garbage HVBJB.

some people on this forum think it’s just an inconvenience and if so they wouldn’t have to get new part until it fails. Others like me would jump to get it replaced.

which reminds me once I get better I need to contact my dealership to discuss how much it would cost me for them to replace the part with one I purchase On my dime.
I’m definitely in the “glad it happened now” camp. If it’s the HVBJB, I’m looking forward to having a more robust replacement part. This also doesn’t sour me on the Mach-E ownership experience.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m definitely in the “glad it happened now” camp. If it’s the HVBJB, I’m looking forward to having a more robust replacement part. This also doesn’t sour me on the Mach-E ownership experience.
I am hoping mine fails while I am in front of my dealership, it’s only 3 miles from my house, and not while I am in Maine on vacation in July, 8 hours from home.

stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Called my dealer. Told them that I think my HVBJB died. Puts me on hold, comes back and says “I think you’re right, and it looks like there’s a service bulletin for it!” 😂😂😂

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Just got a call from the service writer - they diagnosed the problem Tuesday morning when I brought it in, had the new HVBJB in yesterday morning and installed, and gave it a night to make sure everything was good before calling me. It's ready to be picked up. SVS on Monday evening, shop on Tuesday, fixed before lunch on Thursday. I'm impressed.
Is this a new record? 👍
Here's my result:
  • Tuesday evening - SVS warning, took it in to dealer, they read P0ADE code.
  • Thursday morning - HVBJFB replaced, car ready and picked up.
So, just over 1 business day in dealer service. Beat that!

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's my result:
This is now two HVBJB replacements in about 48 hours!!!!! I can only hope I get such a quick turnaround if (when?) mine fails! :D

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Here's my result:
Dang! When I blow up my HVBJB I want your dealer. 🤪🐩

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
Here's my result:
I want your dealer! My dealer took six weeks and twelve lies before mine was replaced. Ford corporate didn't really care.

TMHale13

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4X Star White
Country flag
I got the SSN today (Sunday) while traveling for the weekend and trying to use a DCFC that I had used a few days earlier. So, stranded, no way to speak to a Ford service location and having to learn (along with the tow truck driver) how to even get it on a truck. Now I wait to see if the dealership service can even get it into their shop. Tow guy just put it in the only spot he could…

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the SSN today (Sunday) while traveling for the weekend and trying to use a DCFC that I had used a few days earlier. So, stranded, no way to speak to a Ford service location and having to learn (along with the tow truck driver) how to even get it on a truck. Now I wait to see if the dealership service can even get it into their shop. Tow guy just put it in the only spot he could…
Hope your safe and whatever the issue is , is taken care of promptly

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I know how much this sucks to happen away from home. You might want to read the first post in this thread and be ready to call Ford CS first thing tomorrow and start a case, and also to get a rental car if you need one right away. Be sure to ask the dealer what rental company and location they work with.

If you are stranded away from home you might need to assess if this dealer will be able to fix your car quickly or if you'll need to leave it there and come back for it later...

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Called my dealer. Told them that I think my HVBJB died. Puts me on hold, comes back and says “I think you’re right, and it looks like there’s a service bulletin for it!” 😂😂😂
Curious if you have you gotten you car back?

stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Curious if you have you gotten you car back?
Not yet.

Took it in on Wednesday, May 3rd, for diagnosis. They gave me a loaner and said they’d be in touch that afternoon. They called and said they’d be in touch the next day.

On Thursday, they said that they managed to run diagnostics late Wednesday, confirming HVBJB failure and ordering the part, which was delivered on Friday. They also replaced an emergency brake cable as part of a service bulletin for earlier-build cars.

The dealer only has one bay for battery service on EVs and had a car in that they were already working on. They invited me into the service area to check it out (really cool!) Because of this, they asked me to hang on to the loaner for about a week. I’m hoping to get the car back sometime before Friday the 12th…

Also, the Ford Escape has one of the worst automatic transmissions I’ve ever driven.

stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not yet.

Took it in on Wednesday, May 3rd, for diagnosis. They gave me a loaner and said they’d be in touch that afternoon. They called and said they’d be in touch the next day.

On Thursday, they said that they managed to run diagnostics late Wednesday, confirming HVBJB failure and ordering the part, which was delivered on Friday. They also replaced an emergency brake cable as part of a service bulletin for earlier-build cars.

The dealer only has one bay for battery service on EVs and had a car in that they were already working on. They invited me into the service area to check it out (really cool!) Because of this, they asked me to hang on to the loaner for about a week. I’m hoping to get the car back sometime before Friday the 12th…

Also, the Ford Escape has one of the worst automatic transmissions I’ve ever driven.
Got the call that my car was ready today. Picked it up. Wasn’t too happy that Ford instructed the dealer to cancel the original order for the replacement HVBJB and order the remanufactured variant instead. Assuming it’s supply chain, but still… Will be contacting customer service to ask about what assurance they will offer that I’m covered in case of future failures.

Also really annoying was that the car now pulls to the left, on the highway especially. When it was new this was also a problem, and the dealer had to calibrate something camera-related. I guess some combination of resets due to the battery removal and reinstallation caused the calibration disappear? Have to take it back in to get that addressed.
Sponsored