Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Not understanding a lot of this, except, there should be a "easy" disconnect somewhere on the vehicle! If there is the dealership does not know about it.

UPDATE: Ford did reach out in a private conversation from this group. Not sure what will occur, but moving into day 13 with a car sitting 750km away. We will see what happens! :)

there IS a disconnect, and a documented procedure that the Dealership *should* know about and be trained in. At the very least the Dealership GM can call for a Field Engineer to come and train them ASAP, or do a virtual WhatsApp training session with their Service manager.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
jdsimard2012

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
there IS a disconnect, and a documented procedure that the Dealership *should* know about and be trained in. At the very least the Dealership GM can call for a Field Engineer to come and train them ASAP, or do a virtual WhatsApp training session with their Service manager.....
well this is good to know. I'm wondering why it took the dealership days to reach anyone at Ford.

UPDATE - Received a voicemail that the car is fixed, have yet to confirm this and waiting to hear back from the dealership. Now I get to see how Ford will handle the return of the car 750km away. My rental is with Enterprise, so I can drop it off anywhere.

Also, I'm curious to hear what the issue was and how it was "fixed", not to mention how I can be assured this will not happen again. My faith in this car is pretty much nil at this point.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
well this is good to know. I'm wondering why it took the dealership days to reach anyone at Ford.

UPDATE - Received a voicemail that the car is fixed, have yet to confirm this and waiting to hear back from the dealership. Now I get to see how Ford will handle the return of the car 750km away. My rental is with Enterprise, so I can drop it off anywhere.

Also, I'm curious to hear what the issue was and how it was "fixed", not to mention how I can be assured this will not happen again. My faith in this car is pretty much nil at this point.
Please do post a followup with what the cause was, and what the fix was!

OP
OP
jdsimard2012

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So latest update as of yesterday. The dealership called and said the car was ready (14 days later), and it was "just a glitch" and "still needed to be updated". So basically the car is NOT ready and is not reliable at this point. I informed the dealership and Ford Canada, I do not want the car back until it is fully "updated" and someone can explain to me what the glitch was and how they fixed it - I'm not taking possession of a car that is "partially fixed or updated". Supposedly someone will be calling me today.

OP
OP
jdsimard2012

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So here is the latest update., another Ford disappointment in customer care.

After 19 days at the dealership, the car is finally "updated" and ready for pickup as of 1 hour ago.

Apparently I was told I have seven day to figure out how to pick up a car that is 750km away and I will be charged storage fees for the vehicle.

Kudos on customer retention. I told the Ford Canada rep I'm cancelling payments on the vehicle and I will see Ford in court. In the meantime, they can call in the rental as stolen.

The Ford Canada rep apparently is calling the dealership again - not sure why Ford is negotiating with the dealership - my purchase was from Ford Canada and the warranty / customer care should be supplied by the company from whom I purchased the car not a 3rd party (as they like to refer to their dealer network).

dobdobdob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E4X
Country flag
@jdsimard2012, I can totally relate to what happened to you. I faced the same frustrating situation this afternoon (and it probably happened just a few km away from where you are, in the middle of the freaking snowstorm, fellow Quebecois!).

I let it there sitting outside the supermarket (I wonder if their faulty charger could be what started all of this) for a couple of hours. I understood the problem had to do with the 12v battery, but I left it plugged in. Fordpass kept sending me alerts that there was drainage and that the charging had stopped, so I guess it didn't help.

When I went back with my booster cables, about to jumpstart my MME, I had read your post and was ready to switch into negotiation mode with Ford - though my dealer is really far from where I was stuck.

Got in, tried one ultimate time to start it and... voilà! It worked like nothing had happened. As I drove off, another MME came across and the owner was smiling and "Mustang buddies" waving at me. I was like, sorry bro, today I'm not in the mood to brag about our car.

Do you guys think I should have it checked at the dealer? This freaked me out and was a major pain.

Hope your story has a good ending!

OP
OP
jdsimard2012

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
@jdsimard2012, I can totally relate to what happened to you. I faced the same frustrating situation this afternoon (and it probably happened just a few km away from where you are, in the middle of the freaking snowstorm, fellow Quebecois!).

I let it there sitting outside the supermarket (I wonder if their faulty charger could be what started all of this) for a couple of hours. I understood the problem had to do with the 12v battery, but I left it plugged in. Fordpass kept sending me alerts that there was drainage and that the charging had stopped, so I guess it didn't help.

When I went back with my booster cables, about to jumpstart my MME, I had read your post and was ready to switch into negotiation mode with Ford - though my dealer is really far from where I was stuck.

Got in, tried one ultimate time to start it and... voilà! It worked like nothing had happened. As I drove off, another MME came across and the owner was smiling and "Mustang buddies" waving at me. I was like, sorry bro, today I'm not in the mood to brag about our car.

Do you guys think I should have it checked at the dealer? This freaked me out and was a major pain.

Hope your story has a good ending!
Absolutely you should have it checked out.

On a bright note moving towards almost a month, I have an update that I should be reunited with my MME after this Wednesday. Ford Canada, along with the dealership, seem to be working together at this point. More news to come.....

OP
OP
jdsimard2012

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So almost a month later, I have finally been reunited with my MME. The vehicle was delivered to my dealer in Montreal (Morand Ford - who were especially helpful) on Saturday and I dropped off my rental with Enterprise the same day. I still need to receive the reimbursements for travel but overall with some communication in the end from Ford Canada the problem was solved. I really hope this does not occur again.

MWJunior

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Occupation
retired commercial photographer
Country flag
Let me first start off by saying that I switched over to Ford because when I test drove the Tesla vs Polestar vs MME I was impressed.

I purchased my AWD Premium MME in early January of 2021 (one the first in Quebec, Canada). Since then I have put 16,000+ km on the vehicle, mostly on long road trips of 1,000+ km.

Two weeks ago I took my MME 750km to visit family. During this trip I took my MME to a store with an 80% +/- charge. Upon re-entering the vehicle, it would not start. I got out, locked it and unlocked it, still no luck. The display screen is locked (no buttons working) and there is no where to enter my passcode..

I contacted roadside and a tow truck showed up within 15 minutes, driver was contacting Ford support, but neither him or I could get the car started. It apparently was in "deep sleep mode".

The car was towed to an adjacent dealership where it sat for the weekend. Fast forward 12 days, the car is still at the dealership at the same spot it was towed. The dealership, Ford Tech Support, no one as been able to get the car started. A new key FOB was ordered and arrived today and still no luck starting the DEEP SLEEP MME.

Problems I saw:

1) Dealerships are not trained on the MME;
2) Ford Tech Support is absolutely useless;
3) Taking 12 days to start a car that is "locked" is absolutely ridiculous.

Ford Canada keep referring me back to the dealership, claiming it is being handled by a private entity. The dealership states they are trying to work with Ford Tech Support to resolve the problem. My position is I purchased car from Ford, not a private entity.

I have thus far accumulated over $1,000+ in expenses returning home and leaving the car behind. Ford roadside apparently offers $500 of which I best receive the full amount if not more.

Now I await to see how Ford plans on returning the car to me. Otherwise, I will be cancelling payments and I can see Ford in court.

Regardless, this will be the last Ford vehicle I purchase. Not because there was an issue (that happens in every car), not because the dealership folks are bad (they have actually been very friendly), but because Ford needs to take responsibility and not leave someone stranded 750km from home and have no clue on how to get their car started (the problems I saw listed above). Lastly, it took three days, numerous phone calls to Ford Canada to get the dealership to issue me a rental (which I drove back to my province and still have).

Ford Canada wants to blame the dealership and the dealership is blaming Ford, while the customer is stuck in the middle. Very poor customer service and disappointing experience on a brand new Ford car. In the meantime, I will enjoy my rented VW Passat.

Thank you!
Have you tried a system reset? Press the start button for 1 to 2 minutes then release. A system reset was the solution to a dead MME mentioned in another post in this forum.
Sponsored