Ford49

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
If I buy a piece of technology that needs hardware and software to work together, there is generally a Help desk function to assist with problems. A good example would be home security camera systems. They have hardware, software, internet services and cloud servers that all have to work together to function properly. If I have problems, I call or chat with a help desk, with people trained (with scripts) to help you get things working. (not saying they are perfect, just describing the process).
The Mach E is very similar, in that there is hardware, software, internet connections and cloud services that all have to work together to deliver many features of the car (PaaK, android auto, autopilot, connected charging, etc).
Reading the comments of new owners, Ford should put in place the equivalent of the help desk for new owners. Going to a dealer (the old car model) is not very helpful as they generally know less than you do, and will not have the opportunity to learn for a very long time. Dealers are well trained for ICE cars, not at all trained, and likely never will be well trained on software and cloud services that are constantly changing (ie over the air updates).
We need a place to call to get help quickly. Ford needs a place where they can quickly gather information about issues with the car.
Ford, and all car companies producing software driven features need to adopt the best practices of the software industry.
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
If I buy a piece of technology that needs hardware and software to work together, there is generally a Help desk function to assist with problems. A good example would be home security camera systems. They have hardware, software, internet services and cloud servers that all have to work together to function properly. If I have problems, I call or chat with a help desk, with people trained (with scripts) to help you get things working. (not saying they are perfect, just describing the process).
The Mach E is very similar, in that there is hardware, software, internet connections and cloud services that all have to work together to deliver many features of the car (PaaK, android auto, autopilot, connected charging, etc).
Reading the comments of new owners, Ford should put in place the equivalent of the help desk for new owners. Going to a dealer (the old car model) is not very helpful as they generally know less than you do, and will not have the opportunity to learn for a very long time. Dealers are well trained for ICE cars, not at all trained, and likely never will be well trained on software and cloud services that are constantly changing (ie over the air updates).
We need a place to call to get help quickly. Ford needs a place where they can quickly gather information about issues with the car.
Ford, and all car companies producing software driven features need to adopt the best practices of the software industry.
Yeah, they should have something like this...

https://help.ford.com/

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yeah, they should have something like this...

https://help.ford.com/
Yea tried that route. The "help" desk was less than helpful.
1) paak won't start when car is in garage, how can I start with key fob?
A) can't find in your manual ask dealer how they programed it.
2) what is blue line on display?
A) it's not in manual.
3) how do I clear all the drive 360 errors?
A) not in your manual.
Got frustrated - i already read the manual it was not in there that is why am calling you?

OP
OP
Ford49

Ford49

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Yea tried that route. The "help" desk was less than helpful.
1) paak won't start when car is in garage, how can I start with key fob?
A) can't find in your manual ask dealer how they programed it.
2) what is blue line on display?
A) it's not in manual.
3) how do I clear all the drive 360 errors?
A) not in your manual.
Got frustrated - i already read the manual it was not in there that is why am calling you?
Oh dear, this is very sad.
Ford won't make customers happy with this nonsense. Better to shut it down.
If you want to be a world class producer of high tech cars, you need world class support process.
Thanks for posting!
Sponsored