Engineering
Country flag

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
And yet Cadillac and Chevrolet are near the top of the customer satisfaction list……

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/articl...xNrYL7deNLonbkwSpGGFhcnsqksHj0gphIVBgYJNJ8lwn

pimps and drug dealers?? Easy there killer…
Pimped out originated in the vernacular during the '60s/'70s with gaudy, flamboyant and ostentatious modifications to their caddies, transitioning them into the pimpmobile. Carried over to their interior decorating.
Pimped out appeared in mainstream media in the late '70s, early '80s. Pimp was of course in Noah W.'s alphabetical listing of words. The term originated in Old French.
The pimps would buy the Caddies, new but mostly newly used*, with big wads of cash. This in a time when honest folks had regained their confidence in the banking system and actually took their cash out of the mattresses, shoe boxes, coffee cans, buried in the back yard, etc. and kept in in the bank and used these things called checks, made of paper and signed, to transfer money.
Trust me, I witnessed the events as they happened.

And customer satisfaction for Chevy is due in large part to the Bolt and the Volt. Atypical GM products. Ironically one is no longer manufactured and the other is soon to be no longer produced.
There are still plenty of GM, Ford, Mopar brand loyal folks out there: ignorance is bliss, what you refuse to know can't hurt you, put it in the back yard and fix it "it's my hobby", selective learning, etc.
And of course statistics(surveys) are always fact and never manipulated.

*newly used because many Cadillac owners dumped them at two years instead of the standard four year dumping of American made automobiles.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Pimped out originated in the vernacular during the '60s/'70s with gaudy, flamboyant and ostentatious modifications to their caddies, transitioning them into the pimpmobile. Carried over to their interior decorating.
Pimped out appeared in mainstream media in the late '70s, early '80s. Pimp was of course in Noah W.'s alphabetical listing of words. The term originated in Old French.
The pimps would buy the Caddies, new but mostly newly used*, with big wads of cash. This in a time when honest folks had regained their confidence in the banking system and actually took their cash out of the mattresses, shoe boxes, coffee cans, buried in the back yard, etc. and kept in in the bank and used these things called checks, made of paper and signed, to transfer money.
Trust me, I witnessed the events as they happened.

And customer satisfaction for Chevy is due in large part to the Bolt and the Volt. Atypical GM products. Ironically one is no longer manufactured and the other is soon to be no longer produced.
There are still plenty of GM, Ford, Mopar brand loyal folks out there: ignorance is bliss, what you refuse to know can't hurt you, put it in the back yard and fix it "it's my hobby", selective learning, etc.
And of course statistics(surveys) are always fact and never manipulated.

*newly used because many Cadillac owners dumped them at two years instead of the standard four year dumping of American made automobiles.
Lol.

This is what it looks like to “double down.”

As far as the customer satisfaction surveys go, they get high points because they have satisfied customers.

And no, it’s not from their Bolt and Volt sales. That’s absurd. Those are some of their lowest volume models. They aren’t going to skew the survey results.

But yeah, feel free to stick to your narrative that all American car buyers are felons or idiots. 😂

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would hope so for a vehicle that will cost close to 2x as much as the Mach-E across its lineup.
Wonder what the base Macan will go for, 80k? If it does, I would guess that it compares favorably with the MME GTPE for not much more $’s

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Lol.

This is what it looks like to “double down.”

As far as the customer satisfaction surveys go, they get high points because they have satisfied customers.

And no, it’s not from their Bolt and Volt sales. That’s absurd. Those are some of their lowest volume models. They aren’t going to skew the survey results.

But yeah, feel free to stick to your narrative that all American car buyers are felons or idiots. 😂
Who completes surveys?
Of course they are never skewed.
Felons or idiots? Your words, and I respectfully disagree. I think 99% of MME owners are NOT felons or idiots. I could be wrong, but I think not.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
Wonder what the base Macan will go for, 80k? If it does, I would guess that it compares favorably with the MME GTPE for not much more $’s
That's what all the manufacturers have to consider. For a fully-loaded MME, back when things were above sticker, you could easily get an Audi, etc. (ICE), for the same amount of money - but the build and parts quality are in another league compared to some of the MME's components. (Yes, they're costly to repair when the breakdown, but if you find a good local mechanic, it's not terrible.)

Take the turn signal stalk in the MME. When you sit in an Audi (or other German luxury brands), there is a distinct difference, even for those "little" parts.

I still love my MME, but Ford saved money on the wrong parts and it watered down the overall quality feel. They got a lot of it right, but chose to stick with non-luxury components to save pennies or a few dollars here and there per unit.

They (along with everyone else getting into the EV space) are going to have to quickly drive costs down and increase quality, otherwise Tesla will continue to gain market share despite lower quality; the luxury brands "just" have to drive their EV costs down as they have perceived or real higher quality.

In 5 years, if you can get an Audi eTron for $10k more than a Chevy, Forder, etc., people will lean towards luxury.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's what all the manufacturers have to consider. For a fully-loaded MME, back when things were above sticker, you could easily get an Audi, etc. (ICE), for the same amount of money - but the build and parts quality are in another league compared to some of the MME's components. (Yes, they're costly to repair when the breakdown, but if you find a good local mechanic, it's not terrible.)

Take the turn signal stalk in the MME. When you sit in an Audi (or other German luxury brands), there is a distinct difference, even for those "little" parts.

I still love my MME, but Ford saved money on the wrong parts and it watered down the overall quality feel. They got a lot of it right, but chose to stick with non-luxury components to save pennies or a few dollars here and there per unit.

They (along with everyone else getting into the EV space) are going to have to quickly drive costs down and increase quality, otherwise Tesla will continue to gain market share despite lower quality; the luxury brands "just" have to drive their EV costs down as they have perceived or real higher quality.

In 5 years, if you can get an Audi eTron for $10k more than a Chevy, Forder, etc., people will lean towards luxury.
As an FYI, I got rid of my Macan S to get the MME. I do like the MME and Forgetting some of the inferior parts, they don’t bother me much, it’s the ride that is significantly different, that’s really what I think Ford missed.

I would even forgive the level of service and support from the dealership, Porsche had been sterling but can’t complain much so far. the two Ford dealerships I have dealt with have been good but no free water and bagels In the morning, oh well. I actually brought the donuts into the Ford service department.

my biggest gripe is the ticking time bomb of the HVBJB. Would Porsche be much better, hope so but no guarantee.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Who completes surveys?
Of course they are never skewed.
Felons or idiots? Your words, and I respectfully disagree. I think 99% of MME owners are NOT felons or idiots. I could be wrong, but I think not.
Sorry, to be exact, you words were “pimps, drug dealers and ignorant.”

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If it's like other Porsches, the entry model that costs $80,000 will have less options than a base Select, have similar acceleration, but amazing driving dynamics.

To get something similar to a GTPE in terms of creature comforts and acceleration, it will for sure be well into six figures.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If it's like other Porsches, the entry model that costs $80,000 will have less options than a base Select, have similar acceleration, but amazing driving dynamics.

To get something similar to a GTPE in terms of creature comforts and acceleration, it will for sure be well into six figures.
I would disagree but we are just guessing. Even the base suspension of a Porsche might be better than the GTPE MME

Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would disagree but we are just guessing. Even the base suspension of a Porsche might be better than the GTPE MME
True, I’m sure the Macan will feel much more premium over all, but with the prices to boot.
Sponsored