OP
OP

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Why? Did you think you were buying an investment instead of a depreciating asset?
I mean if he's trying to get something else this is the time to sell the mach-e it's only going to get worse value wise when ford has to drop prices again.

Ford GT 64k - 3750 tax credit
MYP 57k - 7500 tax credit

MYP is faster, charges faster, better network, etc
Sponsored

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I mean if he's trying to get something else this is the time to sell the mach-e it's only going to get worse value wise when ford has to drop prices again.

And there are a lot of pissed off Tesla drivers who lost far more money from when they bought one!

To each their own, but I don't see any value in trying to upgrade vehicles for at least another few years, given off-the-lot depreciation versus what you really gain between manufacturers right now.

Last year was an aberration in the historic norms of car values, and too many people want to have amnesia about what it was like before that.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
And there are a lot of pissed off Tesla drivers who lost far more money from when they bought one!

To each their own, but I don't see any value in trying to upgrade vehicles for at least another few years, given off-the-lot depreciation versus what you really gain between manufacturers right now.

Last year was an aberration in the historic norms of car values, and too many people want to have amnesia about what it was like before that.
Tesla raised their prices incrementally in 2022. So unless you bought in the last half of 2022, chances are you didn't make out too bad. The decrease in price is in line with traditional depreciation.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Aren't the two models largely the same? What do you think an appropriate price difference would be?
Aside from the physical difference, news articles and Tesla say they share about 75% of the same parts. For example, the side mirrors looked to be the same, very small, so they probably are from the 3.

In volume production they are basically making 1.25 different vehicles. That makes it easier to get parts and build.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Aren't the two models largely the same? What do you think an appropriate price difference would be?
the y has a lot more storage than the 3. I wish there was no price difference but it is a larger car.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The Y drives like ass compared to the 3.

Heck, most crossover EVs are too top heavy for me.

My favorite EVs to date are the MINI electric and BMW i4. Every other one is an EV appliance to me.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Don't forget it takes videos for of you for Tesla employees to laugh at.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

And the Mach E is better looking, rides better, brakes better, and handles better.

I’d gladly pay $10k more not to drive an egg. To each their own.

But yeah, Ford and others may have to drop pricing to stay competitive.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag

The MYP compares against GT W Performance package,

FORD GTPP $70K - $3750 tax credit
MYP $57K - $7500

I like what Tesla is doing, making EVs affordable again! Standard range M3 now is cheaper than a Prius after tax incentives.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The MYP compares against GT W Performance package,

FORD GTPP $70K - $3750 tax credit
MYP $57K - $7500

I like what Tesla is doing, making EVs affordable again! Standard range M3 now is cheaper than a Prius after tax incentives.
They make up for it in other ways:

Bluecruise- $600
Autopilot- $15,000 🤔

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag

Bluecruise- $600
Autopilot- $15,000 🤔
There's a lot of arguments you can make on why the MME is better than the MY, but you can't seriously equate Blue Cruise with FSD. By they way, autopilot is included in the base price of the car, and it's essentially blue cruise. FSD is what 15k buys you. If you don't know the difference you should check it out. It's always updating, the the most recent update is pretty impressive. Still not there yet in term of full autonomous driving, but impressive none the less.

I suggest watch youtube videos that include the whole drive vs click bait snap shots. You'll get a better more realistic impression of FSD, vs the agenda that people want to push, either for or against tesla.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's a lot of arguments you can make on why the MME is better than the MY, but you can't seriously equate Blue Cruise with FSD. By they way, autopilot is included in the base price of the car, and it's essentially blue cruise. FSD is what 15k buys you. If you don't know the difference you should check it out. It's always updating, the the most recent update is pretty impressive. Still not there yet in term of full autonomous driving, but impressive none the less.

I suggest watch youtube videos that include the whole drive vs click bait snap shots. You'll get a better more realistic impression of FSD, vs the agenda that people want to push, either for or against tesla.
That’s not the point I was making. Not only do I know what FSD is, I’ve driven my neighbors model 3 that had it.

The point was a price comparison. And sure, the “no options” MYP is cheaper. But not anymore when you add FSD.

And I would much rather have my GTPE for $70k than a MYP with FSD for $72k (I don’t qualify for the tax credit anyways).

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag

Bluecruise- $600
Autopilot- $15,000 🤔
Autopilot is free on Tesla you pay $0 to get it.
Enhanced autopilot is $6k
Full self driving is $12k

I haven't used Tesla's but I know bluecruise twice drove me directly to the lane divider, so I don't trust it and won't trust Tesla's too, If I have to keep my hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, I'll just drive like I do.

CAL465

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla can afford to do so. They have a huge inventory and the assembly plants that can spit them out quickly.
They've had a number of years without competition where they charged an arm and a leg for their cars. Maybe this price reduction is a way to continue to beat out what little competition they have and clear out inventory.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
This is great.

The lower the average price of EVs, the better.

I bought my Mustang knowing that the price I paid for it was the price I believe to be appropriate. When the prices were lowered, I didn't think I'd been cheated, I felt great for the people who could buy one at a lower price. Now I'm looking forward to another decrease in used EV prices so that I can maybe afford a second Mustang in the next year or two.
Sponsored