Tesla Supercharger Network vs. the World

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Incapable? I’m suspecting “unwilling.”

But, given the preceding post, I'm not surprised if you’re correct. The notion that there is no development cost for an EVSE is outlandishly foolish.

There must be a guy who just says “let there be a first past success technical data package, control software, device firmware, test results, and qualification reports,” which then materialize out of nowhere. But with that skill set he probably costs more per hour than the entire development and test team combined.
Sponsored

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
“I’ve used EVGO and therefore I know the development cost was zero, and that they are profitable despite what the CEO says (what does she know anyway?).

I also don’t know anything about these people, but because they present reasoned arguments with sourced data which run counter to my inflexible and arbitrary opinions, they are certainly fanatics who haven’t used what I’ve used.”

Seems legit.

Last edited:

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
The chargers aren't in use for half the day, you ignored the rental fee for the location, the maintenance required, the cost of the electrical hookup etc. Tesla superchargers may be busy, because there are a lot of people out there who have free charging but once people have to pay 5x what it costs to charge at home, the demand at the pay chargers will be very limited.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The chargers aren't in use for half the day, you ignored the rental fee for the location, the maintenance required, the cost of the electrical hookup etc.
Not to mention the non-recurring costs...

There is a reason EVGO is not profitable, and there is a reason Tesla only recoups a portion of its costs relative to Supercharging. There is no publicly available information I can find about Electrify America, but I'd bet dollars to donuts they aren't profitable either.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You just mentioned two forms of recurring costs. I said non-recurring.