fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
I'm supposed to have mine arrive 4/5.

AWD extended range.

Dealer has a "demo" but has been sitting for probably 2 weeks waiting on some part. So they aren't letting anyone test drive. Understandable if true. This doesn't look good. (literal looks are good though)

So I have no idea what this drive is going to be like till mine shows up.

I did however stop at VW to look at their id.4. sales dude was pretty excited about it as he's been using it daily, baby car seat and all :) He basically threw the virtual keys at me to take it for a spin. I had to ask if he needed id as I never experienced that before.

I had to get a quick lesson on how the car worked as its nothing like what I've used before. After the basics I was off. D/R/N/B was odd. B is the one pedal mode.

ID.4 is FUN to drive. It was the RWD first edition. There are some creature comforts that Mach-E doesn't have. Like the massage feature and the retractable sun shade. The sun shade REALLY helped. I had just gotten in and noticed I was getting pretty warm. Nice surprise having that option. There are some other interesting controls in the VW that Ford is putting on the main screen. Like the swipe-able volume/temperature controls. The reverse sound is futuristic. Couldn't tell you what the mach-e sounds like.

Sure hope the Mach-e doesn't disappoint.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If you think the ID4 is fun to drive, you'll love driving the ER AWD Mach E

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m a little bit crazy with having the sun shining on me, like I would not want to sit outside at a restaurant in direct sunlight, but I have to say, so far, the Mach-E’s glass roof has not bothered me in the least.

The UV and thermal coating Ford put on it has been very effective. I know it is only April and my tune may change by summer, but so far I have not found myself wishing for a sun shade, much to my surprise.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The IR coating on the roof seems to work really well. I don't feel the heat of the sun at all. So far I do like the controls in the MME ... but also I've now had mine for nearly two months so I pretty much know how to get to anything I want in a hurry.

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
B gives regenerative braking, but it won't bring you to a stop. There is no one pedal drive mode.

Kinda like a garbage truck in reverse.
Good description.