Colt

First Name
Aundre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I doubt the team at Ford hasn't thought this or even monitors these forums on how to run their business but..

There are too configurations on the MACH-E , some that make no since. I assume they did this to see what the market wants, and since they have limited production anyhow maybe this isn't as disruptive as I see it. Here's my suggestion to Ford to simplify the offering and maybe help ramp production assuming you can get the parts needed.

1) Cali RT 1 - You've already offered it and no turning back. This should be the only RWD option and should be viewed as a compliance car.
2) Select AWD Only - Standard Range Battery + Comfort and Tech Package. (kill off the Appearance Pack)
3) Premium AWD Only - Extended Range Battery + Pano-roof + B+O system +LED Lights
4) GT-Select (aka current GT) - Extended Range Battery + GT front motor+ Solid body color roof+ Co-pilot 360
5) GT- Performance/Premium - Performance Battery - Upgraded Suspension - Pano-Roof- Co-pilot 360 - Performance software additions

Just because it carries the Mustang name, a crossover this big and heavy, doesn't need to be RWD , But in mustang tradition the focus should be on power so AWD. Maybe with software on future GT-PE you adjust the power balance between front and rear.

Currently Select can be configured 6 ways, Premium 4 ways (battery/Drive options Only), CA RT1 - 1 way, GT 5 Ways, GT-PE 3 ways. By my count - that's 19 "standard" configurations you need to schedule into the production line. That seems excessive IMO.

Example of oddity - if you want a solid roof + Co-Pilot 360/BlueCruise - You either need to buy a GT regular or a Select and if for some reason you are spending this type of money and don't want Co-Pilot 360/blueCruise you have to buy a Select, GT or GT-PE.

Anyhow- just dropping my 2 cents in. Bored and looking for a reason to ignore my actual work.

My Select AWD (comfort and Tech) is my favorite car I've ever owned, good job Ford .
Thanks for the breakdown. I too have an AWD SELECT. Im lovin it.
Sponsored