The model Y still has the edge for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dont get this " bashing" thing.

The only thing I bashed was my Focus trans everything else is discussion.
No point in defending your stance. You'll continually get attacked.

Just head over to the Tesla forum, keep doing research and buy the car you want. You'll get nothing but Tesla hate here, as you can already see. Unless you have a Ford emblem tattoo on your arm, don't expect them to welcome you with open arms.

Two different cars with different pros and cons. Most of the differences are subjective so there's no right answer.

If you're willing to wait, the Model Y built from the Austin factory will most likely come with the 4680 cells. The battery tech in the Y currently is over 3.5 years old. MME has the edge now in terms of pure size, but the new design should shake things up.
Sponsored

sweekrut

First Name
Son
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Model Y&3 vs MME

Both cars are amazing themselves. I have teste drive both cars and I decided to have MME. Just took a long trip last week and here's my view:

MME:
Pro
- Great Quality, Specially seats, B&O sound system.
- lane centering and car distance keeping is amazing.
- drove for 18 hours but very comfortable because of the seat Quality. Just loving the car.
- MME extended range AWD gave me 300 Miles for 100%.
- MME body is Heavy and great eye-catching design.

Con
- Charging Network. Hoping to get solved in the upcoming time.
- Blue cruise(lane keeping, distance keeping) won't be as superior as Tesla FSD.

Tesla:
Pro
- FSD is the best because of its Technology.
- Tesla (Model Y long-range) 310 Miles for 100%, not much difference the MME ext range.

Con
- Interior Quality is not bad at all but here we are comparing Tesla y&3 VS MME and MME seems to be a winner for me.
- Body light quality & Design. For example, if you open frunk for MME and then Tesla. you would come to know.

Both cars are great.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Model Y&3 vs MME

Both cars are amazing themselves. I have teste drive both cars and I decided to have MME. Just took a long trip last week and here's my view:

MME:
Pro
- Great Quality, Specially seats, B&O sound system.
- lane centering and car distance keeping is amazing.
- drove for 18 hours but very comfortable because of the seat Quality. Just loving the car.
- MME extended range AWD gave me 300 Miles for 100%.
- MME body is Heavy and great eye-catching design.

Con
- Charging Network. Hoping to get solved in the upcoming time.
- Blue cruise(lane keeping, distance keeping) won't be as superior as Tesla FSD.

Tesla:
Pro
- FSD is the best because of its Technology.
- Tesla (Model Y long-range) 310 Miles for 100%, not much difference the MME ext range.

Con
- Interior Quality is not bad at all but here we are comparing Tesla y&3 VS MME and MME seems to be a winner for me.
- Body light quality & Design. For example, if you open frunk for MME and then Tesla. you would come to know.

Both cars are great.
Good list. Another Pro on the MME is the interior. If you prefer a more traditional car interior, the MME is more suited for those types of buyers. Some knock on the Tesla interiors but once they own the vehicle, they realize how unnecessary some of those buttons and switches are.

A Pro for the Model Y Long Range is the straight line acceleration, especially with the acceleration boost. 0-60 3.9s, Quarter Mile 12.2s. Those are numbers similar to the base GT at fraction the cost.

The Y also has a small rear window, which some don't like.

Sy546

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, '20 Evora GT, '19 Velar, 07 S2k
Occupation
Business
Country flag
We have a M3 in the family, have another 3 and X on order, and I'm picking up the MME ER on Saturday.

Honestly, there's no "better" car. Just different. Both cars and companies have their pros and cons.

Tesla is bashed every time one little thing goes wrong, they are always in the spotlight for better or for worse. I've worked in the auto industry before and Ford is no poster boy either for quality control either lol.

IMO, Tesla wins if you need to do long trips because the Supercharger network is unbeatable and their autopilot is hands down the best in the industry (not talking about FSD). Ford wins at being closer to a "normal" car (and I mean that in a positive way), looks betters (IMO), and has CarPlay (big want for me).

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
really I don't even know why it's the mache or model y. Seems to me I get two things from his comments over and over.

1. charging speed and fast to get from point A to point B and back.
2. Made over focus tranny.......;)

So this is not hard, simple fix. You want to go fast cannonball style without a crazy bad tranny.

The answer is...................drumroll..............................porsche taycan. Kyle out of specs showed it's the fastest.
Case closed have a good day dave. This thread can now be sent to the @^#$% box. Because i'm finally out of #$%@ to give on this one.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
We have a M3 in the family, have another 3 and X on order, and I'm picking up the MME ER on Saturday.

Honestly, there's no "better" car. Just different. Both cars and companies have their pros and cons.

Tesla is bashed every time one little thing goes wrong, they are always in the spotlight for better or for worse. I've worked in the auto industry before and Ford is no poster boy either for quality control either lol.

IMO, Tesla wins if you need to do long trips because the Supercharger network is unbeatable and their autopilot is hands down the best in the industry (not talking about FSD). Ford wins at being closer to a "normal" car (and I mean that in a positive way), looks betters (IMO), and has CarPlay (big want for me).
Tesla brings the heat on themselves and so do their fanboys. Even Mr Elon has said this. Everyone gives tesla the respect they should get. Everyone knows what they did for the BEV movement.

It's kinda like the kid who keeps telling you day after day well my dad can do this or my dad can beat up your dad. Finally, people are tired of hearing it.

Last edited:

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
People: can we please stop bumping this thread?

unless you want to see this thread be the top of the home page forever, just let the man go buy his Tesla.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Wierd how everyone has to defend one or the other. You can go on this forum and the Tesla forum get a ton of pros and cons for each car. Put both on a list decide what is important to you, test drive both and buy the one you like. Exactly what i did. dont think you can go wrong with either car. however neither car is better than the other. For me came down to charging was biggest difference. i decide the MME gets me most places i want to go and i can work around where it cant. Tesla cant go everywhere either. Tesla does have the edge in charging TODAY. If that is all you a judging on, then Tesla would be the car for you.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
With business interests, clients, and rental property in the LA area commutes from Nor Cal are in my future a long time.

My day job forced me to move..well to be more accurate I was made an offer I couldnt refuse and moved north- now I have this continuous trip problem.
Given the nature of your job, I don't think a BEV is a logical choice for you at the moment. Maybe look into a plug-in like the Rav4 Prime and the new Hyundai Tucson plug in. This allows you to dip your toes into EV driving while having a car that can do road trips without the range anxiety.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Those are numbers similar to the base GT at fraction the cost.
The Model Y is surprisingly quick. I had one for a couple of days and I had to confirm it didn't have the boost enabled because it was ridiculous. I loved it. But I wouldn't say a Y is a fraction of the GT's price. The Y's price quickly starts rising if you're going like for like with a GT.

The Model Y LR in red with 20" wheels + acceleration boost = $59,190 incl doc + dest fees.
Mach E GT rapid red with pano roof = $62,700 incl doc + dest fees

If you consider the MME GT has $7500 going for it and promises handsfree driving for $1900 (vs $10k on the Y), then it's actually the Tesla that's pricier.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Model Y is surprisingly quick. I had one for a couple of days and I had to confirm it didn't have the boost enabled because it was ridiculous. I loved it. But I wouldn't say a Y is a fraction of the GT's price. The Y's price quickly starts rising if you're going like for like with a GT.

The Model Y LR in red with 20" wheels + acceleration boost = $59,190 incl doc + dest fees.
Mach E GT rapid red with pano roof = $62,700 incl doc + dest fees

If you consider the MME GT has $7500 going for it and promises handsfree driving for $1900 (vs $10k on the Y), then it's actually the Tesla that's pricier.
Mine was $55k out the door and another $2k for the boost, slightly lower since I have the gray paint and 19" wheels. Based upon my configuration, roughly $5k under the GT. Obviously the credit skews the numbers and not everyone will be able to take advantage of the full $7500 depending on their tax bracket and various finances.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.