The Official List of Weird Crap That Seems to Clear Up on its Own

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This probably needs to be a pinned thread. I’ve got three to start, and maybe you all can help flesh this out…

“Front Camera Fault - Service Required” seems to always be paired with “Pre-Collision Assist Not Available.” Popped up while I was driving for no good reason, cleared up on its own while still driving a few minutes later.

“Power Train Malfunction / Reduced Power”. This one paired with some sort of charging fault and even gave me the yellow wrench. It all cleared itself when I restarted the car and I haven’t seen it since.

Then there’s the sporadic backup sensor fault I get while backing out of my garage but I cannot remember the exact language there. I’ll edit this post if someone else can help me.

Keep ‘em coming. @Ford Motor Company you might want to look into this stuff. That’s be greaaaaaaat.
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Yea, I get the random "No Key" when clearly it is working fine.

Yesterday it switched to "Guest" for no reason and would not with back to my profile.

The Nav will occasionally go off track, a "reset" fixes that.

Honestly, the software in this thing is very buggy and that is my biggest complaint. It does not change the driving experience but has caused me to seriously consider selling just to be rid of the glitches. I'd probably end up with a new set of glitches in the new ride and that keeps me from taking action. The devil you know......

Firstnewcarever

First Name
Nadia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e select
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
The power train malfunction just happened to me while driving to work. I’m hoping it will go away when I drive home

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone else as they are leaving your house set a destination from the trip planner to go to a saved destination the nav starts to set the destination and then have it tell you to make a u-turn to go back to the house you just left. Happened to me twice. I only use PAAK and of course can't tell you how many times it starts and as I start to go says no key detected no less than 100 times since I got the car.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This probably needs to be a pinned thread. I’ve got three to start, and maybe you all can help flesh this out…

“Front Camera Fault - Service Required” seems to always be paired with “Pre-Collision Assist Not Available.” Popped up while I was driving for no good reason, cleared up on its own while still driving a few minutes later.

“Power Train Malfunction / Reduced Power”. This one paired with some sort of charging fault and even gave me the yellow wrench. It all cleared itself when I restarted the car and I haven’t seen it since.

Then there’s the sporadic backup sensor fault I get while backing out of my garage but I cannot remember the exact language there. I’ll edit this post if someone else can help me.

Keep ‘em coming. @Ford Motor Company you might want to look into this stuff. That’s be greaaaaaaat.
Hey there! I can look into your Mach-E’s message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’ll add another to the list… every month or so my radio will randomly turn on by itself. It only seems to happen if I’ve already got the radio “tile” running in the background (I haven’t swiped down to remove the tile) and if I am not listening to another audio source. And usually about 5mins into a drive.

Camera faults continue very occasionally - that is linked to hitting a bump but certainly not every bump.

Got another charging fault and service vehicle soon last night. That happens once very few months. Doesn’t seem to signify anything that I can tell. But the car does stop charging which can be a problem.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Only thing I get is the Backup assist not available warning ,and that's usually cause it thinks there's something behind me or one of my kids opened the door while I was backing up

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Two from me:

- The audio effects sometimes "revert" to a default Ford vehicle set. This happens inexplicably once a week or so. The default sfx are way worse; loud, obnoxious beeps instead of the more refined sounds that normally occur. These include the startup sound, the proximity beeps on the camera feed, and other things like vehicle alerts/pre-collision assist alerts. Restarting the vehicle does not clear it but after 20 minutes or so, it will load in the correct sounds.

- My left side passenger door sometimes doesn't open when I press the button. I hear the mechanism trying to open the door but it only pushes out a few millimeters, too little for me to get my hands in the crack to open the door. I end up having to press the button a bunch more times to get it to open. Maybe happens 5% of the time.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
I keep getting door alarms. I have an external camera always on the MachE and not one of them is due to anyone being near the car, let alone trying to open a door. But the car alarm goes off and I get a notification from FordPass. I can press the lock on either the fob or in FordPass to stop it. Annoying during the day, terrible in the middle of the night.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I keep getting door alarms. I have an external camera always on the MachE and not one of them is due to anyone being near the car, let alone trying to open a door. But the car alarm goes off and I get a notification from FordPass. I can press the lock on either the fob or in FordPass to stop it. Annoying during the day, terrible in the middle of the night.
It's a bug in the door control module software. A TSB has been written and just waiting to be approved

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
How about the Nav system sending you on wild circles around blocks or directing to take highway off ramps, a three mile detour, then back onto the same highway instead of straight through to the exact same location? That one comes and goes for me.

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
How about the Nav system sending you on wild circles around blocks or directing to take highway off ramps, a three mile detour, then back onto the same highway instead of straight through to the exact same location? That one comes and goes for me.
I hate this one. I have a few posts about this same issue.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Usually (but not always!) once or twice per week, two adjacent trips get concatenated, showing up in the app and car as a single trip with the total mileage. To make matters much worse, one of the two trips remains in the app's record, together with its kw-h consumption, making the efficiency number for one or both trips crazy , and making any attempt to rationalize totals hopeless. Sometimes this stops happening for a while. Does this count as relevant to the thread?

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I had the Nav system tell me I was 2 blocks away from my location and to drive to the nearest street. Tried everything (on /off, reboot sync, etc) wouldn’t clear. Next day it is back to normal and hasn’t returned.