These EVs Are Depreciating By 4% Per Month!

d^2x/dt^2

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Star White Premium 4X + ICE Fusion & Pickup
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you think the prices are low now, check back when everyone has moved on to the tesla charging port. Current ones will be like the 8 tracks of the EV world.
It will be interesting to see how the adapter is implemented. We might have the best of both worlds.

I'd love a better backup charging strategy for my relatively rare road trips. Still a bit wary of a notoriously erratic Tesla chief. I'd rather not be a captive customer at this point.
Sponsored

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
Tesla owner friend does most of his charging CCS, and reports it is convenient and easy. The real problem with CCS has been the lack of being reliable.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
It was just not a good car . The power was not as I expected my Mach e gt felt more powerful . The software glitches and the issues with charging I just got fed up . And where I lived in the valley only one Audi dealer . I’d have to drive four hours for another one
I think the MME GT are faster to 60, 3.6 vs 4.2. However after 60, the Audi catches up.

Were the charging glitches with home charging or DCFC?
Was the Info system laggy? or did the system crash often?

It's such a great looking car that I'm having a hard time talking myself out of getting one.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If you think the prices are low now, check back when everyone has moved on to the tesla charging port. Current ones will be like the 8 tracks of the EV world.
I think you overestimate how much people want to use Tesla chargers.

Dr.Saleh

First Name
ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT performance
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I think the MME GT are faster to 60, 3.6 vs 4.2. However after 60, the Audi catches up.

Were the charging glitches with home charging or DCFC?
Was the Info system laggy? or did the system crash often?

It's such a great looking car that I'm having a hard time talking myself out of getting one.
Yes I agree after 60 the gt slows down but I’m ok with that . The charging was mostly level 2 anywhere I went would give an error . The screen would always go blank . Took it twice they said it was fine . The car is stunning no doubt . Just make sure if you get a used one have it throughly checked out . My brother has the RS version and he returned it after 7 months with rattle issues . He’s taycan is way better

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Not only that, but as long as the adapter works without any major downside, then I don't see having an older charging port would make the car obsolete.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Not so much the tesla chargers specifically, but first gen EV's with old software (sync gonna be replaced with AA), outdated batteries (400v when everyone is releasing 800v for years), and charging ports are NOT gonna be a highly desired item.

For many who might be wanting a second EV that means having an adapter/different charger in their homes installed, it's gonna be a detractor on top of what I mentioned above.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Right now you can buy a lucid air if you have a spare $165K laying around that gets 500 miles to the battery charge...
Dude, the 516 mile range Lucid costs $119k. It's much more affordable than you think.

😂

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
Why? Just change the port out with the updated part. Or use an adapter and benefit from the fast charging of CCS and the abundance of the slower Tesla network. Win win.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I'd love for my currently derating port that needs to be replaced to be the beta replacement for the NACS. If anything just for the smaller plug and sometimes better cable.

bttpe

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Bought my Premium in February 2021. Has been a great car locally. I wouldn't even attempt to take it on a trip. It was never meant for that given the infrastructure and reliability of chargers. Just made an attempt to trade on an 2023 Lightning Lariat given the new incentives. Whoa...looks like I own this bad boy until death do us part.

Unobtanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6 GT
Country flag
Bought my Premium in February 2021. Has been a great car locally. I wouldn't even attempt to take it on a trip. It was never meant for that given the infrastructure and reliability of chargers. Just made an attempt to trade on an 2023 Lightning Lariat given the new incentives. Whoa...looks like I own this bad boy until death do us part.
When I got into my EV6 GT, that was kinda the vibe. I already took a $20K hit off MSRP when I traded in the C40, so I took a nice test drive in that GT to make SURE I could live with it, lol! 20K miles in and no regerts!

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
If you believe everything Musk says.
The MME is big and heavy, so it takes a hit in the range. I’d say all but Tesla will still be sitting in the same battery tech at least 5 years from now. EA will come out with 800kW chargers and 3 cars will be able to charge around 400kW for 3 minutes. And the EV crowd will cheer! Then we’ll see the same buy and bubble like the last 2 years as mass amounts of people would believe the hype, then realize otherwise. The sane ones will realize 350 mile range is more than enough to get to the next SuperCharger, because by 5 years others might actually be able to use it.

acces to Tesla chargers isn’t going to turn the EV world upside down. It’ll be the start of brand wars at ‘the pump’. Expect a line of ID4’s parked like drunks and a bunch of broken handles.
Perhaps :)
As I have mentioned in other posts, I am fortunate, and that I live in Huntsville Alabama and have lots of friends that work at NASA and chemical engineering in addition to theoretical and applied physics. All are phD. level, so you'll pardon me if I believe them over you. 😊😉
Sponsored